Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of the top rated kids are academy players, the draft outside of the academy is shallow.
6 of the top 10 picks at the moment are free to go to any club. So if Melbourne happen to finish in the bottom 5 or so of course it is a huge win for North. The top end of the draft is as good as this year and what I have seen it is not that shallow after the academy etc picks anyway Pikie who I class as our draft expert on our board also agrees so that is good enough for me. Anyway time will tell.

And hey guyz I know this is a massive spin out and that but say the Dees to finish bottom four we can actually use that pick to bid on these highly rated academy prospects too.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Everyone going early on this, we really wont know how this trade works our for 3 or 4 years. If we were to win the flag next year i really couldn't care less what picks we lose.

You're mighty stupid if you think North violated Melbourne here.

Time will tell.

But on the Holy Measure of Draft Value Points we literally cannot lose.

Is it like an arcade? How many draft value points do you need to cash them in for a Premiership?

Obviously it isn't that decides it, but its the only measure we've got at this stage.

Measuring this one on points is a silly way to do it. If that’s how Melbourne viewed it we wouldn’t have done the trade. It’s a very simplistic way of looking at this.

That's why I said time will tell and used a mocking term for draft points value.

How is getting an extra top 10 pick in a stronger rated draft "desperation for immediate results"? Just a stupid comment on your part.

You did basically trade three twenties and a ten for our fifty though.

Because you reckon at this shop this year if you pay with a fifty dollar note you get "more value for money."

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
You did basically trade three twenties and a ten for our fifty though.

Because you reckon at this shop this year if you pay with a fifty dollar note you get "more value for money."

It's a simple case of rating the talent in this draft higher than the draft next year which is a common thought shared across the league.

It's a simple case of rating the talent in this draft higher than the draft next year which is a common thought shared across the league.

As was taking Tom Scully and Jack Trengove ahead of Dusty Martin.

Wonder if the league would to reconsider its thoughts there.

Anyway, Rawlings has form on these kind of heists. I'm backing him in (natch)

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
As was taking Tom Scully and Jack Trengove ahead of Dusty Martin.

Wonder if the league would to reconsider its thoughts there.

Anyway, Rawlings has form on these kind of heists. I'm backing him in (natch)

Ah yes two careers destroyed (especially Trengove) by foot injuries is a great comparison.

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How is getting an extra top 10 pick in a stronger rated draft "desperation for immediate results"? Just a stupid comment on your part.
Nice work. You've called two people stupid on this page alone.
Yes Melbourne got one extra pick but they gave up three including a likely top five pick. The trade looks as desperate as your defence of it.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Which is the wrong assumption on your part.

Everyone, including recruiters and experts are saying next years top 10 is much stronger, almost reminiscent of 2018.

Ah yes two careers destroyed (especially Trengove) by foot injuries is a great comparison.

So you're saying that without injuries Trengove would have been a Brownlow winning dual Norm Smith medallist?

Scully played for long enough before the ankle to show he was never going to be a Martin.

Anyway, all of this misses the point.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Nice work. You've called two people stupid on this page alone.
Yes Melbourne got one extra pick but they gave up three including a likely top five pick. The trade looks as desperate as your defence of it.

Likely top 5 pick? Piss off.

You're taking way too much out of a year that was destroyed by injuries before it even began, when over half your list doesn't even get half a pre-season after off-season surgeries and then your entire starting back line missed at least a quarter of the season (three best defenders in May, Lever and Jetta missing over half the season). Plus the two key forwards missing a significant chunk of the season, Melksham who is one of the best kicks going inside 50 in the league (as evidenced by his goal assist tally) missing over half the season. Aaron vandenBerg and Joel Smith didn't even get a chance to get on the park, actually having our best team fit and available from round 1 after a full pre-season is going to do wonders.

Which is the wrong assumption on your part.

Everyone, including recruiters and experts are saying next years top 10 is much stronger, almost reminiscent of 2018.

The majority of the top picks next year are academy players which is why it's being referred to as a compromised draft and that's without throwing in the compensation picks.

So you're saying that without injuries Trengove would have been a Brownlow winning dual Norm Smith medallist?

Scully played for long enough before the ankle to show he was never going to be a Martin.

Anyway, all of this misses the point.

Not what I'm saying at all, Trengove looked incredibly promising before being cut down by foot injuries and knee and foot injuries really damaged Scully.

Can't compare them given that Trengove especially got cut down before he even got anywhere near his prime.

Back