Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The majority of the top picks next year are academy players which is why it's being referred to as a compromised draft and that's without throwing in the compensation picks.

You need to re-read what you write more closely.

One.

You said it was a weak draft not a compromised draft, they aren’t one in the same, next years top 10 is still very strong.

Two.

A majority implies more than half. Academy picks do not make up more than half of the ‘top picks’ next year.

I can honestly see North getting a top 5 pick in 2020, not from Melbourne but from the position they finish in. They obviously need a second first round selection for another attempt at high end talent from another club at end of next season. Otherwise you would not throw away a top 10 pick in this years draft for scraps like they have.:melbourne::fire:

You need to re-read what you write more closely.

One.

You said it was a weak draft not a compromised draft, they aren’t one in the same, next years top 10 is still very strong.

Two.

A majority implies more than half. Academy picks do not make up more than half of the ‘top picks’ next year.

Good luck trying to have a discussion with that one

Dees to finish above just freo, suns and blues maybe saints also

Top 4/5 pick coming our way
The only way you get a top 4/5 pick is for ending the season down there, more chance of that than finals for you. We will cough up something around 11 -13 for our trade off. Depends who we pick up with 8 and what you do with our pick but I think it could be win/ win. Enjoy the season. if you can.

The only way you get a top 4/5 pick is for ending the season down there, more chance of that than finals for you. We will cough up something around 11 -13 for our trade off. Depends who we pick up with 8 and what you do with our pick but I think it could be win/ win. Enjoy the season. if you can.
So finals next year??

Dees fans believing Goodwin got handed a magic wand over the pre season and its 2018 again. History has proven that 2018 is the exception - not the norm. We haven’t traded for a good teams 2020 1st rounder.

Death riding the Dees will make 2020 enjoyable - no matter what we do.

So finals next year??

Dees fans believing Goodwin got handed a magic wand over the pre season and its 2018 again. History has proven that 2018 is the exception - not the norm. We haven’t traded for a good teams 2020 1st rounder.

Good Luck with that, Adelaide didn't fare that well out of it and they were/ are a much better team than North. Don't get me wrong, I have a soft sport for you guys, or maybe it is just sympathy because you have never been good ever.

Good Luck with that, Adelaide didn't fare that well out of it and they were/ are a much better team than North. Don't get me wrong, I have a soft sport for you guys, or maybe it is just sympathy because you have never been good ever.
Too young to remember the 90s?

Odds are you miss the 8 in 2020. We’ve played the odds and recent history of the club we targeted. It’s in your DNA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So finals next year??

Did he get a three-day magic wand after injecting the Good Gear like Jimmy?

As long as they have him there, they ain't doing anything.

11/13 Lol you think you will finish top 7

More likely bottom 7

Your list has been found wanting

So finals next year??

Love this post, history which hasn't even occurred yet, is your proof.

Some of the logic people use here is hilarious

To be fair, the Dees history prior to 2018 is fairly suggestive that 2018 was an exception to the rule.

As I keep saying, I reckon you've got the talent to play finals, be a top 4 side, but you won't get there properly with Goodwin.

Past history is why we jumped at the opportunity to get your 2020 1st rounder. Playing the odds.....

17th
4th
9th
11th
13th
17th
17th
16th
13th
12th
16th
16th
14th

And their former long time senior assistant just joined us and his brother is our footy boss.

I doubt Jade would have let Brady do it if he thought the Dees were rocketing back up the ladder.

FMD, are you having a laugh?

All of your premierships need Technicolour to make them watchable.

Back