• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
There is obviously quite a bit of anxiety from Dees fans over this trade. If it helps at all, I promise to death-ride you all tenderly.
On the trade... was a bit nonplussed when I first saw it.... but now I don't mind it. I'm guessing that we can see a couple of players we would be happy picking that would be there at 8 and 10, so the 2 spots are no real big deal, and maybe 1/2 a dozen that we have been looking at that will be there around 28.

Whatever the reasons I think we need to get used to these things... and it wouldn't surprise me if this 10 and 28 because something else closer to, or on, draft night.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the trade... was a bit nonplussed when I first saw it.... but now I don't mind it. I'm guessing that we can see a couple of players we would be happy picking that would be there at 8 and 10, so the 2 spots are no real big deal, and maybe 1/2 a dozen that we have been looking at that will be there around 28.

Whatever the reasons I think we need to get used to these things... and it wouldn't surprise me if this 10 and 28 because something else closer to, or on, draft night.
Yeah good post mate. I think both clubs would be happy with the out come. Nice to see both clubs on the front foot Lets hope it is a win win for both clubs for having the guts to do it. Like you say going to be a regular occorance in the future or at least untill the AFL try to change things around again just for the sake of change.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
They have to spend those spare millions on someone. Rawlings and Bonar are the richest blokes at North

North have won 4 flags since the Dees last one (including the one and only gold Premiership cup in 1996)

I wouldn't be throwing stones if I was a Dees fan.

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is obviously quite a bit of anxiety from Dees fans over this trade. If it helps at all, I promise to death-ride you all tenderly.
No anxiety here, think we have done well out of it and doesn't matter were we finish next year you guys still have 2 firsts so you win as well. Reckon if you got a pick 9 10 11 that would be about right.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
And that advice comes from a Carlton supporter after years and years of top 4 finishes. :)

Regardless, this is not bay 13, I don't see the need to bait/antagonize North Melbourne fans in this discussion, they cop more than their fair share of crap on this site, let's stick to discussing the pros and cons of this deal, without resorting to childish and petty comments.

As it stands now, I have Melbourne ahead on points in this deal, but a lot can happen in 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Regardless, this is not bay 13, I don't see the need to bait/antagonize North Melbourne fans in this discussion, they cop more than their fair share of crap on this site, let's stick to discussing the pros and cons of this deal, without resorting to childish and petty comments.

As it stands now, I have Melbourne ahead on points in this deal, but a lot can happen in 12 months.
That's fine but don't put it back on me to behave, you are the one that could have let the comment go through to the keeper instead of bringing up a post from yesterday.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
That's fine but don't put it back on me to behave, you are the one that could have let the comment go through to the keeper instead of bringing up a post from yesterday.

Fair call that. Anyhow I expect the Dees to bounce back strongly in 2020 myself, do think you probably need to nab a quality tall and small forward in the draft though (which is easier said than done), you are good to go in most other positions (perhaps a pacey outside midfielder with good kicking skills wouldn't go astray either)

Ended up swapping 50 and our 2020 second for 30
Then 30 for 35 and a 2020 second rounder

Pick 8 has essentially got us a 2020 first rounder and pick 26 (pushed back to 31) and pick 35 this year

Huge win 3 quality picks for 1

And next year we now have 2 first rounders and a second rounder
everyteam seemed to want to trade out of next years first round except North

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ended up swapping 50 and our 2020 second for 30
Then 30 for 35 and a 2020 second rounder

Pick 8 has essentially got us a 2020 first rounder and pick 26 (pushed back to 31) and pick 35 this year

Huge win 3 quality picks for 1

And next year we now have 2 first rounders and a second rounder

THOSE BRADY RAWLINGS PICK SWAPS

BOY OH BOY WOWEE

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
everyteam seemed to want to trade out of next years first round except North

Or Stephen Wells.

They have 3 x first rounders and no NGA’s

Maybe, just maybe, they know that the real value in 2020 lies in the top picks the biddings clubs DONT have.

Back