Remove this Banner Ad

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne paid overs for pick 8 in isolation

Then freo helped them out and payed overs for it also so that in the end the net result was a fair trade for melbourne. They gained a first and lost a first

However we won big and got 3 picks for 1

Looking at trades in isolation is pointless. Our overall trade and draft period is basically this:
Langdon for Frost
Tomlinson for free
Jackson for 3
Pickett for 2020 1st
Rivers for 22

I'm fine with this overall. Only fools judge the draft straight away. Give it 3 years.

Looking at trades in isolation is pointless. Our overall trade and draft period is basically this:
Langdon for Frost
Tomlinson for free
Jackson for 3
Pickett for 2020 1st
Rivers for 22

I'm fine with this overall. Only fools judge the draft straight away. Give it 3 years.
Your overall period is meh

Like I said you broke even overall after freo came in to pay overs

North got on top from this trade and maintained position
To the point where we have 2 first rounders and a second rounder next year

Coupled with our 3 second rounders this year

6 picks inside first 2 rounds and lost no players gained Bonar and Josh Walker

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

2 extra 2nd rounders! Wowee, be still my racing heart!

Bonar and Walker? I'd rather have Brown and Bennell and I didn't bother to mention them.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Dees couldn't move back because there were no takers.

Port wanted to keep 12 and 18 to keep their selections ahead a Mead bid.

Melbourne were into Weightman until Taylor got sucked into burning a 1st rounder on Pickett.

So you bought in a couple of blokes not in there sides best 22 and you have effectively a slew of mid to late second round picks?

Wow. Got to love mediocrity

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A side that has improved year on year every year for 5 of the last 6 years.

This time last year we were equal second favourites to win the flag. We had a terrible year, but there were some pretty good reasons why. I wish your death riding well, but you’re in for a nasty surprise if you expect a pick better than 15 odd after bids etc.

Here’s a fun fact. I was trying to find a way to articulate the hight of Norths irrelevance, and I found this little gem. This century North have only played in front of a crowed greater than 55k 10 times, that’s like 2% of games. No wonder you can’t attract anyone from the expansion clubs, it’s just another version of the same.
I'm sure weel get croweds of that hight in time.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This time last year we were equal second favourites to win the flag. We had a terrible year, but there were some pretty good reasons why. I wish your death riding well, but you’re in for a nasty surprise if you expect a pick better than 15 odd after bids etc.

Here’s a fun fact. I was trying to find a way to articulate the hight of Norths irrelevance, and I found this little gem. This century North have only played in front of a crowed greater than 55k 10 times, that’s like 2% of games. No wonder you can’t attract anyone from the expansion clubs, it’s just another version of the same.

I thought the idea of the comp was to win flags not to see who has the biggest crowds ?
But as you haven't seen a flag in your lifetime I can see how meaningless fun facts become meaningful for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Wow you spent time on that?

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

This sums up your club perfectly!!!!

17th, 17th, 13th, 11th and 9th in 5 of the last 6 years and this is a good thing???

Happy to be irrelevant than being relevant for being pathetic.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Am the only neutral fan here who would take North's list over the Dees going forwards.
Melbourne just don't seem to have a potential game breaking future star who can win games off his own boot like Tarryn Thomas or one of my non Blues favourites, Cam Zuhaar ?

The Dees seem to have a hard working, very honest team of goers, don't seem to have a type of player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and become a decisive figure (Petracca could be that guy one day, potentially)

They seem like a refreshed and happy lot there after Brad Scott left.

If footy clubs were stock, I would be buying into the Kangas, they have more talent and youth on their list than many assume (the fact the muppets in the media never talk about them is a factor i suppose)

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Am the only neutral fan here who would take North's list over the Dees going forwards.
Melbourne just don't seem to have a potential game breaking future star who can win games off his own boot like Tarryn Thomas or one of my non Blues favourites, Cam Zuhaar ?

The Dees seem to have a hard working, very honest team of goers, don't seem to have a type of player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and become a decisive figure (Petracca could be that guy one day, potentially)

They seem like a refreshed and happy lot there after Brad Scott left.

If footy clubs were stock, I would be buying into the Kangas, they have more talent and youth on their list than many assume (the fact the muppets in the media never talk about them is a factor i suppose)

The tears of the baby Jesus at Christmas time! I wouldn't swap Oliver for both Thomas and Zurhaar.

I'm tipping you'll get bucked off your Shetland pony in R1, get your foot caught in the stirrup and spend the rest of the season eating dust.

I'm tipping we belt the Saints Round 1. Physically and on the scoreboard.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The problem is that we have played the Demons to many times in this period to attract crowds.

Back