Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
That's going to be a really interesting game.

We have WCE in Perth. An acid test to get things underway. R2 is GWS at MCG.

I reckon the Saints are going to find out what we did Round 1 this year - going out and recruiting five or six players and cramming them all into the same team has significant issues for a while.

Yeah nah. We help your numbers...

I love you supporters of equally pissant clubs in terms of size who think they barrack for Collingwood or Richmond or something.

I'm tipping we belt the Saints Round 1. Physically and on the scoreboard.

Saints aren't playing North in Round 1 of the AFL-W.

Oh! You think your rabble of an AFL club has the ability to 'belt' another team--- cute. :straining:

All banter aside, Thomas will be an absolute star. Top 10 player in the league kind of talents in 4-5 years.
possibly but most likely not.

Meanwhile Oliver has already been AA, won 2 b&fs, won an AFLCA best young player award and had 2 top 10 finishes in the AFLCA award in his 4 years of AFL football. If Thomas has those accolades at the end of his career he will be doing well

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham

Meanwhile Oliver has already been AA, won 2 b&fs, won an AFLCA best young player award and had 2 top 10 finishes in the AFLCA award in his 4 years of AFL football. If Thomas has those accolades at the end of his career he will be doing well
Oliver’s done well. Thing about TT, he can actually kick and run. Look forward to looking back at his career and comparing the two

Oliver’s done well. Thing about TT, he can actually kick and run. Look forward to looking back at his career and comparing the two
awesome, can't wait to be able to judge his kicking once he can start to average at least 6 kicks a game

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Oliver absolute gun in my eyes. So what are your reasons for not thinking Thomas will be elite He has played 1 season what is he lacking in your opinion.

So your saying we have the next Petrecca?
nah, Petracca has never had a season where he averaged 12 touches a game and less than 6 kicks a game.

try again

Oliver absolute gun in my eyes. So what are your reasons for not thinking Thomas will be elite He has played 1 season what is he lacking in your opinion.
Never said he couldn't/wouldn't be elite. I think he looks extremely promising.

Just pointed out he could possibly be a top 10 player in 4-5 years but that is unlikely as it is bloody hard to be a top 10 player. There are plenty of elite players who aren't in the top 10 players in the league

awesome, can't wait to be able to judge his kicking once he can start to average at least 6 kicks a game

He'll be playing midfield this year, so have a look then.

I just hope Thomas builds a good tank - need more than 3 minute bursts before raising the white flag.
and in response to the original poster we probably need more than 3 minute bursts before we can start touting him as a top 10 player in the league within 4 years

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
Looking forward to discussing in 4-5 years. Because, you know, his stats right now (whilst playing as a forward in his first year of footy) have nothing to with what his output would be in 4-5 years.

Back