• Melbourne 30+

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
North-Melbourne-vs-Melbourne.png

North Melbourne v Melbourne

BLUNDSTONE ARENA
15° SHOWER OR TWO

* No complaining about umpires until after the game.

nmvmelb.png

FREE for 14 days:
Stream the game LIVE to any device.

Tip the game now - win cash 'n' prizes

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Where and when: Blundstone Arena, Saturday August 24, 2.10pm AEST

TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide

What it means for North Melbourne: The chance to win double-digit games. That might not seem a significant milestone, but it's a solid effort after starting the year with a 2-7 record – and would be a good platform for 2020.

What it means for Melbourne: Honestly? Very little at this stage. This season provided major disappointment after major disappointment, and last week's capitulation against Sydney was another. Maybe the Dees can salvage some pride.

The stat: Melbourne ranks last for scores and goals per inside 50 percentage, one of the stories of its season.

The match-up: Todd Goldstein v Max Gawn
If nothing else excites you about this match, then look out for this ruck contest between All Australians Gawn (No.1 in AFL Player Ratings) and Goldstein (No.6). Few who watched their titanic clash at Blundstone Arena in round three, 2016 will ever forget it.

It's a big week for: Jordan Lewis
The four-time premiership Hawk's magnificent playing career comes to an end on Saturday, although it will be in red and blue. Lewis spent the past three seasons playing for the Demons and will be keen to sign off in the right fashion.
707789_ll.jpg

Big call: Jake Melksham kicks five goals in a lone hand for Melbourne, but his efforts aren't nearly enough to haul his side across the line.

Prediction: North Melbourne by 40 points

The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs
More By Marc McGowan

NORTH MELBOURNE
B: Marley Williams, Scott D. Thompson, Jasper Pittard
HB: Jamie Macmillan, Robbie Tarrant, Shaun Atley
C: Trent Dumont, Shaun Higgins, Jared Polec
HF: Kayne Turner, Nick Larkey, Jack Ziebell
F: Tarryn Thomas, Ben Brown, Cameron Zurhaar
FOL: Todd Goldstein, Jy Simpkin, Ben Cunnington
I/C: Taylor Garner, Nathan Hrovat, Sam Durdin, Mason Wood
EMG: Ben McKay, Tom Murphy, Tom Campbell, Lachlan Hosie
IN: Mason Wood
OUT: Jed Anderson (Injured)

MELBOURNE
B: Jayden Hunt, Sam Frost, Christian Salem
HB: Jordan Lewis, Jake Lever, Nathan Jones
C: James Harmes, Angus Brayshaw, Billy Stretch
HF: Jay Kennedy Harris, Bayley Fritsch, Jake Melksham
F: Corey Wagner, Braydon Preuss, Christian Petracca
FOL: Max Gawn, Jack Viney, Clayton Oliver
I/C: Charlie Spargo, Michael Hibberd, Alex Neal-Bullen, Marty Hore
EMG: Jay Lockhart, Josh Wagner, Declan Keilty, Kyle Dunkley
IN: Jayden Hunt, Braydon Preuss
OUT: Kyle Dunkley (Omitted), Kade Chandler (Injured)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
The way we are playing it could be a 90 point drubbing. I think if we get beaten by that much we have serious issues with the coaching department and their relationship with the players. It becomes obvious. We need to show something. We have to offer something for a glimmer of hope for 2020.

Can’t see it myself. Kangaroos by 65.

andon

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
North by 8, Brown to kick 5 and win the Coleman.

Still cant get my head around Melbourne with all that talent not being a top 4 team.

Wasted 5 bucks backing them for the GF.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The way we are playing it could be a 90 point drubbing. I think if we get beaten by that much we have serious issues with the coaching department and their relationship with the players. It becomes obvious. We need to show something. We have to offer something for a glimmer of hope for 2020.

Can’t see it myself. Kangaroos by 65.

If The Dees cop that much of a hiding by a fellow bottom 8 team, Goodwin would be on very thin ice. In fact, your club's (apparent) fiscal hit this last financial year is probably the only reason Goody doesn't get the flick (for the time being)

The Dees whilst no world beaters, shouldn't end the season 2nd last to arguably the least competitive team since Fitzroy in 1996.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
If The Dees cop that much of a hiding by a fellow bottom 8 team, Goodwin would be on very thin ice. In fact, your club's (apparent) fiscal hit this last financial year is probably the only reason Goody doesn't get the flick (for the time being)

The Dees whilst no world beaters, shouldn't end the season 2nd last to arguably the least competitive team since Fitzroy in 1996.
To be fair, north are better than a non finals side. You just beat a finals contender by 80+. Scott held you back early on. It’ll be telling for Goodwin his we finish, if it’s an absolute hiding and we roll over then it’s not a good sign.

Tap Tap Tapperoo

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can’t see anyway we win this. Kangas by 40.

Looking forward to the final siren tomorrow finally putting me out of my misery.

Tap Tap Tapperoo

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Still can’t believe they persisted with Fritsch at half back for so long this season. Always been a forward, struggled down back, now playing some really good footy again up forward. Coaches out-thinking themselves as usual.

Back