Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne 10+ to <30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne 30+

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve stuck up for Jones a fair bit this year, but his finish to the season was abysmal.

You're not really going anywhere if Jones is a full-time part of your midfield next year. Trouble for him is that he's never really had enough tricks as a footballer to play anywhere else on the ground.

He's 21 games away from becoming Melbourne's games record holder. Will he be carried over the line?

You’re right, forgot all about those times winning premierships just a decade ago. Recent times have been glum but back where we belong. :thumbsu:

Kinda didn't need that priority pick only 3 years ago eh?

Kinda didn't need that priority pick only 3 years ago eh?
When you draft a bunch of mummies boys, it was needed. Let’s see how North go without Tassie.

Offended? Just bemused honestly. But hey, I'll let you bask in the glory of barely getting over the Demons. :thumbsu:

Where have I stated I was happy with that performance? Thought it was an average effort to follow up last week. Don't think either team would be happy with today's game but for two clubs who've wasted 2019, not sure what people were expecting today, especially in average conditions.

You're not really going anywhere if Jones is a full-time part of your midfield next year. Trouble for him is that he's never really had enough tricks as a footballer to play anywhere else on the ground.

He's 21 games away from becoming Melbourne's games record holder. Will he be carried over the line?
That is pretty much it. He isn’t good enough to be a part of our midfield going forward, but hasn’t been able to adapt to go forward or back, or even on a wing.

I’m honestly not sure what the future holds for him. But I can guarantee one thing, we are at a big make or break time in the clubs recent history, and we can’t afford to carry anyone to records, regardless of how much they have given.

I mean, North are no circa 2013 Hawthorn, but by geez Melbourne can butcher the footy. I'd give them leeway on a gusty day if it wasn't happening all year.

Lever (some horrid turnovers today), Viney, Jones, Frost (although he was very good today), Oliver, Harmes, Brayshaw - plus a few guys not playing (O.McDonald) all need some serious reevaluation of what their skill set is and what they should set out to focus on. Far too much what I would call 'subconscious' overrating of their abilities - not to call them outwardly arrogant, but they make decisions with passes that makes you wonder if they really think they have the skill and time to make the passes. They don't generally.

I mean, North are no circa 2013 Hawthorn, but by geez Melbourne can butcher the footy. I'd give them leeway on a gusty day if it wasn't happening all year.

Lever (some horrid turnovers today), Viney, Jones, Frost (although he was very good today), Oliver, Harmes, Brayshaw - plus a few guys not playing (O.McDonald) all need some serious reevaluation of what their skill set is and what they should set out to focus on. Far too much what I would call 'subconscious' overrating of their abilities - not to call them outwardly arrogant, but they make decisions with passes that makes you wonder if they really think they have the skill and time to make the passes. They don't generally.

There's a fine line between stupid and clever, and there's a fine line between delusion and confidence too.

I would describe our ball use as careless. Sloppy little handballs over the shoulder, lazy kicks that mean the receiver has to collect it on the bounce rather than mark and go. Even Salem butchered it today, and he is one of the good ones.

That’s why I’m so concerned we won’t turn it around next year. We have had all year to improve decision making and composure, but it’s only got worse if anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game pretty much summed up North’s year; glimpses of greatness, surrounded by crap.

It ranked between the games against Geelong and Port. Average at best.

And that is the problem, the gap is too large at the moment.

Back