North Melbourne v West Coast Eagles - 1:10 Etihad

Pick a winner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see our ex-Brissie players hitting their straps. Yeo out to redeem himself, and Redden out to prove he wasn't a massive waste of a trade.

Good signs from this team after that average first half. This new guy called Mitchell goes alright...

Do the Scott brothers have some telepathic ability to influence others to continually offer them contract extensions?

If they are both in a job in 2 years' time some serious supernatural investigations need to be undertaken...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Williams continue where he left off at Collingwood. Lace out to bullets to the opposition for return scores.

Waite has 1.7 ffs. Thats got to be some kinda record...
Jesus if North had kicked even half the easy shots on goal they've had it'd be a much more respectable score line. The correct team will win though, two sides in very different phases of their list development.

yes maybe ...I reckon you kicked 5 lucky ones in the first half ...where the ball just spilled out

that luck ran out though, usually does

When does the attention go to Brad Scott like it has on Buckley, Hardwick and Hinkley? Overachieved by getting smashed in a couple of prelims is his highlight. Surely they can't stick with this bloke through a complete rebuild?

Aside from when Buckley took over an established side (who then dropped significantly every single year thereafter), none of those other sides have played in as many finals as North have under Scott. Hardwick has never been past an elimination final, and Hinkley just the one prelim I believe.

So to answer your question, Scott and North have been better than those sides over the last few years. Common sense I would've thought as to why those other guys have more pressure on them. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any on Scott though, I'm sure it'll build if North are this rubbish all season.

Aside from when Buckley took over an established side (who then dropped significantly every single year thereafter), none of those other sides have played in as many finals as North have under Scott. Hardwick has never been past an elimination final, and Hinkley just the one prelim I believe.

So to answer your question, Scott and North have been better than those sides over the last few years. Common sense I would've thought as to why those other guys have more pressure on them. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any on Scott though, I'm sure it'll build if North are this rubbish all season.
Since Hinkley has been in charge, I don't think he's been any worse than Scott has. He was a kick away from a grand final. And last year Scott suffered one of the biggest second half collapses of all time.

Even today, when it was clearly obvious Waite didn't have his kicking boots on, why didn't he swap with Ben Brown and play further up the ground? Same with LT. No plan B when things aren't going his way.

Back