Analysis North Melbourne: Who is most suited to be their next coach?

Who is best suited to coach the Kangaroos?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko or simmo would be our top 2 choices (connected to the club and both experienced coaches)

If we go untried probably Gia who was close last time but we’d have to surround him with senior assistants
I can't see a first time coach being appointed in the current environment so I agree Clarkson or Simpson.
The coach will have to be able to relate to the young generation as well.

I can't see a first time coach being appointed in the current environment so I agree Clarkson or Simpson.
The coach will have to be able to relate to the young generation as well.
If we can’t get those 2 leppa would be another option

In relation to new coaches and relating to the young gen this is where I think Gia would excel and he’s coached his own VFL team also

Would love to see simmo return

The club needs someone to heal the old school and the new school to form a new era. Still feel there is distension since the Carey debacle and don’t think they’ve ever truly recovered spiritually. I reckon Simpson could bring the club back onto the same agenda. Get Carey and King back to help out rather then talk from the outside.

I reckon Simpson would be perfect and get the best out of the list. Think Clarko will cherry pick where he sees the quickest route to a flag, I think Simmo would look long term and be the guy to get them in a proper position to contend (which could take 5 years) I don’t see Clarko being patient at his age!

Would be a great appointment imo 👍🏻 He’s won a flag at West Coast and they’ll rebuild now. Starting fresh and building his own culture again would be very enticing I reckon

If they can't get Clarkson, I'd go Ken Hinkley. He took over Port when they were similar to North now and turned them around in a hurry. Proven record of getting younger players to play out of their skins.

Would love to see simmo return

The club needs someone to heal the old school and the new school to form a new era. Still feel there is distension since the Carey debacle and don’t think they’ve ever truly recovered spiritually. I reckon Simpson could bring the club back onto the same agenda. Get Carey and King back to help out rather then talk from the outside.

I reckon Simpson would be perfect and get the best out of the list. Think Clarko will cherry pick where he sees the quickest route to a flag, I think Simmo would look long term and be the guy to get them in a proper position to contend (which could take 5 years) I don’t see Clarko being patient at his age!

Would be a great appointment imo 👍🏻 He’s won a flag at West Coast and they’ll rebuild now. Starting fresh and building his own culture again would be very enticing I reckon
Carey should be back at the club in some position.
The young players would definately like it.
I find it hard to believe he is still partly ostracized .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey should be back at the club in some position.
The young players would definately like it.
I find it hard to believe he is still partly ostracized .
1. Anthony Stevens is on the board
2. Not sure having Duck around a bunch of impressionable youngsters is a great idea.
3. He probably doesn't want it.

1. Anthony Stevens is on the board
2. Not sure having Duck around a bunch of impressionable youngsters is a great idea.
3. He probably doesn't want it.
He's one of the greatest players of all time and the club treats him like crap.
It's toxic masculinity from Archer and Stevens. How long ago was it?

He's one of the greatest players of all time and the club treats him like crap.
It's toxic masculinity from Archer and Stevens. How long ago was it?
The club certainly does not treat him like crap.
It's toxic masculinity to hold a grudge against someone who shags your missus and ruins your marriage is it? I've heard it all now.

The club certainly does not treat him like crap.
It's toxic masculinity to hold a grudge against someone who shags your missus and ruins your marriage is it? I've heard it all now.
Yes it is if they are still being macho after 20 years.
Anthony forgave his wife straight away but not Wayne even after 20 years.
Even Billy Brownless forgave Gary Lyon and that was worse.
Time to bury the hatchet.

If they can't get Clarkson, I'd go Ken Hinkley. He took over Port when they were similar to North now and turned them around in a hurry. Proven record of getting younger players to play out of their skins.
I'd catch a 21 hour flight back to Australia, get myself a car and drive him over there myself if that's what it'd take to make this happen. Wouldn't even ask him for petrol money.

Back