Analysis North Melbourne: Who is most suited to be their next coach?

Who is best suited to coach the Kangaroos?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Plan A: Clarkson
Plan B: Simmo

If neither of those two budge…then we have issues. I’m not sure North can afford to take a punt on a rookie head coach, Roos’s heart wouldn’t be in it, Buckley seems happy out of the rat race, Lyon would probably want a club higher up on the charts and I think Pyke seems happy with his current role too.

Choco with someone like Giansiracusa or Hansen playing the Simon Goodwin role, maybe?

If Simmo wants to do a rebuild he's already got one lined up at West Coast, North won't be able to match the dollars on offer out west either.

Has to be an experienced coach. Preferably fresh out of the game - Clarko/Lyon first calls then Chocco for me. Can't see Simmo moving.

It'll be Clarkson. He has the choice of GWS/NM, but the advantages with NM are he already has a connection with the club, with Tasmania (not a troll comment, but NM play and have a presence there even now so that is a connection), he won't have to uproot his current life or family to a new state, and I think he will appreciate the challenge, with NM already having some of the draft talent acquired for him to work with. Not only that, but the AFL as part of North's assistance in that priority pick mold, I'm sure will kick in a few $ to incentivize him.

Yes it is if they are still being macho after 20 years.
Anthony forgave his wife straight away but not Wayne even after 20 years.
Even Billy Brownless forgave Gary Lyon and that was worse.
Time to bury the hatchet.
So you would be more upset if a mate was seeing your ex-missus opposed to making the beast with two backs, with your current wife, at a backyard get together when you are no more than 50 metres away!
Are you married and are you having a backyard get together anytime soon? Asking for a friend.

I think Jaymie Graham would be the ideal person to coach North. He's highly respected, coached both WA teams at AFL level and has overcome the type of adversity most people could barely imagine.

There's not a lot of joy in coaching a rebuilding team. Also history suggests you'll get sacked before the team starts winning, leaving you with a terrible record and no ongoing coaching prospects.

I hope North get some good applicants but it's a tough ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you would be more upset if a mate was seeing your ex-missus opposed to making the beast with two backs, with your current wife, at a backyard get together when you are no more than 50 metres away!
Are you married and are you having a backyard get together anytime soon? Asking for a friend.
Gary stole his best friends wife then told the media he couldn't talk about it because he had depression.
Wayne and Kelly made a bad mistake at a party, both equally to blame, then Kelli and Anthony stayed together for 6 more years, then Anthony married someone else.
That footy game promoted by 7 was a disgrace as people tuned in to watch coward punch Archer and Stevo try to be heros and bash Wayne.
Archer is a tool.
It was all about 'that's Stevo's possession, he owns her and you took something he owned and now we're gonna be cavemen in front of the nation and start throwing punches because someone's pride was hurt.
Stevo forgave Kelli so why not Wayne.
Also Wayne put up with the media deriding him for years and years.
He copped enough punishment.
But apparantly he's a a-hole forever and Gary Lyon is a good citizen?
How much more punishment do you want to give for an incident 20 years ago?

The answer is Ken Hinkley.

Clarkson, in his 4th season, pulled 2008 completely out of his arse, just got super lucky one year, after an okay year in 07, but then went 11th and 8th after that before their natural rise began. Hodge was already on their list, and the club freakishly were able to pick up generational players Franklin, Roughhead and Lewis in his first draft. He would be incredibly lucky to have a draft like that one again.

I doubt Clarkson would want to go through that again and rely on that sort of luck.

Ken Hinkley is the guy.

The answer is Ken Hinkley.

Clarkson, in his 4th season, pulled 2008 completely out of his arse, just got super lucky one year, after an okay year in 07, but then went 11th and 8th after that before their natural rise began. Hodge was already on their list, and the club freakishly were able to pick up generational players Franklin, Roughhead and Lewis in his first draft. He would be incredibly lucky to have a draft like that one again.

I doubt Clarkson would want to go through that again and rely on that sort of luck.

Ken Hinkley is the guy.
Lol at port fans trying to weasel their way out of their contract to ken

If you didn’t want him don’t keep re-signing him

Gary stole his best friends wife then told the media he couldn't talk about it because he had depression.
Wayne and Kelly made a bad mistake at a party, both equally to blame, then Kelli and Anthony stayed together for 6 more years, then Anthony married someone else.
That footy game promoted by 7 was a disgrace as people tuned in to watch coward punch Archer and Stevo try to be heros and bash Wayne.
Archer is a tool.
It was all about 'that's Stevo's possession, he owns her and you took something he owned and now we're gonna be cavemen in front of the nation and start throwing punches because someone's pride was hurt.
Gary started dating his friends ex wife. No comparison to what Wayne Carey did. Archer never did what he did for Anthony Stevens. It was a lot deeper than that. Carey did the dirty on the captain of a club and destroyed all trust within it for a quickie in a toilet. Dog act and he deserves everything that was and is dished out to him .

Archer is a tool.
Fact check:

Garry Lyon didn't "steal" his best friend's wife. He rescued her from her gigantic pig of a husband. And it's fair enough to say he didn't want to talk about it and it's very poor to suggest the mental struggles he faced were not valid.

Kelli and Wayne did not just make a "bad mistake at a party". They were banging for ages, it just so happened it came out at a party. I read this in Duck's autobiography.

You are correct that Stevo forgave Kelli, and that's actually pathetic. He's pathetic.

Garry Lyon is a legend and Nicky Brownless is real foxy. Good on him for saving her.

Archer is a tool.
You need to re-read what you wrote especially line 1 and line 5.

I am pretty sure Wayne is considered an a-hole because of a few more deeds than just one act.

Fact check:

Garry Lyon didn't "steal" his best friend's wife. He rescued her from her gigantic pig of a husband. And it's fair enough to say he didn't want to talk about it and it's very poor to suggest the mental struggles he faced were not valid.

Kelli and Wayne did not just make a "bad mistake at a party". They were banging for ages, it just so happened it came out at a party. I read this in Duck's autobiography.

You are correct that Stevo forgave Kelli, and that's actually pathetic. He's pathetic.

Garry Lyon is a legend and Nicky Brownless is real foxy. Good on him for saving her.
Garry Lyon is the farthest thing away from a legend. Absolute putrid person. How he still has a job in an indictment to the boys club that is the AFL Malbun circlejerkin Media.

Back