Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne club thread

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

This version is purely based on footywire data. It cannot be manually updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
And the extra 10 list spots ala the suns too
Dude you need to send in document and present how you going to improve Tasmanian grassroots footy and prove your point to AFL. Also how Vic boys don't return home. In your case you can't because Vic is your home.

9 Rookie list
Conroy, Murtagh, aide fyfe, Nicholls - Local, Rosa ( NT). Plus hombsch, murdoch, Smith and harbrow

*If Vic club or VFL is OK for North to put 5 Tasmanian academy player on rookie list I don't really mind. Will definitely improve more Tasmanian players get drafted into AFL system .

Last edited:

Mt Isa Mustang

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
me too but if we do then the results should deem a PP
I’m sure the submission from mark evans would have been more than purely the ladder finishing position.

He would have been trying this to club finances, survival, localuptake, promotion of inter generational fans, draftee go home factor, second tier competition quality etc etc.

north Melbourne seems to have many of those factors locked down already. So whilst it may not be fair that one club gets concessions and another doesn’t - If the submission was made for NM, I don’t think it would be comparable for all the off field reasons.

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
I know the sheet uses footywire data but updates are needed:

Lachie Young - Contacted until 2022
Kayne Turner - 2022
Perez - 2022
Comben and Mahony - 2023
Larkey - 2024

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogsman16

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If I'm north melbournes list manager I'm calling all the managers of Lipinski, Rhylee West, Lin Jong, Mitch Wallis, Toby McLean and seeing what I could shake loose.

None of these guys are going to get midfield time any time soon with the depth we have and would be really good support cast to LDU, Simpkin, Phillips etc going forward.

None of them would cost any picks inside the top 30 either. McLean in particular would be a fantastic pickup (and one I'd be devastated to lose).

North's rebuild can be fast tracked with some really smart trades that are on the cheap. But really how they dig themselves out of this is if/when LDU, Simpkin, Phillips and Larkey take a step to the next level.

Wild Bill

Brownlow Medallist
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
This is the reason why i don't subscribe to rebuilding teams needing to dump anyone that will not be around for the next flag.

Ben Brown could have played an important role in continuing the development of Larkey.
From the stands? What he be doing? Yelling out when to lead for the ball?

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 27, 2012
On the couch
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Aston Villa
Bruce kicked 10. That’s all the proof I need.
At Larkey’s age Bruce had kicked 50 goals despite starting as a defender in essentially a TAC Cup team. Larkey hasn’t kicked 50 career goals yet and at his current rate might not get there this season

There’s nothing to suggest Larkey will even be as good as Bruce.

edit- to clarify: 46 of Bruce’s 50 career goals by the year he turned 23 were in that year. Larkey has 42 goals total his whole career and is 23 in June.

Naughton is better than both talent wise and he got nowhere near 10 goals

Last edited:

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 27, 2012
On the couch
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Aston Villa
no hyperbolic reply Wild Bill?

let’s face it. Bruce turned 23 in June 2015. That season he kicked 46 goals in a side that finished well outside the top eight.

Larkey turns 23 June this year and has eight less career goals in 10 more games than Bruce played in 2015.

you’d be laughing if Larkey ends up even as good as Bruce, but yeah Larkey would kick 12 because Bruce kicked 10.

come on son

Wild Bill

Brownlow Medallist
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
no hyperbolic reply Wild Bill?

let’s face it. Bruce turned 23 in June 2015. That season he kicked 46 goals in a side that finished well outside the top eight.

Larkey turns 23 June this year and has eight less career goals in 10 more games than Bruce played in 2015.

you’d be laughing if Larkey ends up even as good as Bruce, but yeah Larkey would kick 12 because Bruce kicked 10.

come on son
You think Larkey has had the same opportunity to kick goals as Bruce? Check out the worst players in 2020. And the list was done by a dogs supporter.

Wild Bill

Brownlow Medallist
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Are you quoting a bay 13 list?

boy oh boy you are clutching at straws here. I’m 128 points ahead and the cue is in the rack
Bruce was horrible last year. Played 1 good game and 16 bad ones. If you think that was ok then you have set the bar really low.

Remove this Banner Ad