Club Focus North Melbourne 2021 - Greenwood, Coleman-Jones, Horne-Francis, Goater, Curtis, Bergman, Archer

AFL Club Focus
We will pay him what he is worth (900 K P/A or there abouts)

Essendon came calling last season with a massive over and his management told them in no uncertain terms to FRO.

It's Cripps that is the iffy/worrying one for Carlton supporters

Yeah, tbh I don't know about the whole brothers should be playing together no matter what thing.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
North have unlimited millions ??

Yeah good one.

You are clearly fishing for a bite, but all you are doing is making yourself look like a tool in the process.

Not literally but significant higher than the blues offer.

Its not about me but rather the future of the NMFC.

Brothers playing together is an added bonus. Like saints trying combine the king's

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is the point chasing Harry if you know you have no chance of getting him ? Aren't North better off trying to actual try target realistic FA/Trade options ?
List management teams can walk and chew gum, mate. This notion that because you're after one guy means you can't look at others is such a BigFooty-ism.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not literally but significant higher than the blues offer.

Its not about me but rather the future of the NMFC.

Brothers playing together is an added bonus. Like saints trying combine the king's

You forget we have Millionaire Coterie Supporters who will find legit ways for Harry to make a decent crust outside of football.

Anyhow your position is not one of good intentions for North, it's about screwing Carlton over and we all know it.

Also I am certain The King Twins will never be reunited, Ben seems happy as a clam playing for The Suns.

This whole Twins bond thing is way overstated..

Anyhow good luck to North in the very small chance they can convince Harry to sign (you can never say never until Big Mac puts ink to paper at Carlton)

He wouldn't screw Carlton over by walking to the PSD, it would take North (minimum) pick 1 to get him across in a trade (and probably their 1st pick next year too)

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
You forget we have Millionaire Coterie Supporters who will find legit ways for Harry to make a decent crust outside of football.

Anyhow your position is not one of good intentions for North, it's about screwing Carlton over and we all know it.

Also I am certain The King Twins will never be reunited, Ben seems happy as a clam playing for The Suns.

Anyhow good luck to North in the very small chance they can convince Harry to sign (you can never say never until Big Mac puts ink to paper at Carlton)

He wouldn't screw Carlton over by walking to the PSD, it would take North (minimum) pick 1 to get him across in a trade (and probably their 1st pick next year too)

2nd in the Coleman, 24 yoa, 204cm

I'd be shocked if north don't offer a godfather contract.

They almost landed dusty they are very capable of getting harry.

The psd gives them a strong position to build off ala Jack martin.

Just because you don't want it to happen doesn't equal 'fishing for a bite'.

Imho north are a very good chance of landing this big fish. Why wouldn't he screw over carlton? He owes them very little if he's off

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
List management teams can walk and chew gum, mate. This notion that because you're after one guy means you can't look at others is such a BigFooty-ism.

True. But you would like to think North's admin are a lot more discreet about who they are chasing than they have been in the past (new regime so I think)

Hope Tom Powell gets the Rising Star going this week.. He is well due for one. You have a gem there.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

* me, you are the Tom Browne of BF.

Do North not have millionaire coterie supporters? Last time I checked we have a few. Peter Scanlon isn't exactly skint with a net worth of $1bn AUD....

The stereotype is *ing hilarious.

Last time I checked we were the first and only club to pay any player $1m a season and it was in the mid 90's, 25 years ago.

Dusty was a bee's dick from walking on $1.4m a season.

But keep ranting on about North being the poor cousins around the corner, despite having 0 debt and the exact same salary cap as everyone else.

Last edited:
We are 0-7 but:

* First three picks in the draft are all playing and showing good signs, Powell in particular looks a beauty
* Blokes we opicked up from other clubs in Stepho, Atu, Corr have all played and all look good

The rebuild is progressing very nicely.

Yeah he was outstanding in those two games he got on the park for :thumbsu:

Hartigan was a much better acquisition for a rebuilding club :thumbsu:

And I can guarantee he's getting paid barely a quarter of what you dished out for Corr, for practically the same output :thumbsu:

Yeah he was outstanding in those two games he got on the park for :thumbsu:

He looked good indeed. Are you suggesting the club should have known he'd get an infected toe in March 2021 when they recruited him in October 2020?

And I can guarantee he's getting paid barely a quarter of what you dished out for Corr, for practically the same output :thumbsu:

If that is the case Kyle needs to get onto his agent because he is being ripped off.

He looked good indeed. Are you suggesting the club should have known he'd get an infected toe in March 2021 when they recruited him in October 2020?

No. But I am suggesting that your original post, saying that he's looked good, is overblown.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
2nd in the Coleman, 24 yoa, 204cm

I'd be shocked if north don't offer a godfather contract.

They almost landed dusty they are very capable of getting harry.

The psd gives them a strong position to build off ala Jack martin.

Just because you don't want it to happen doesn't equal 'fishing for a bite'

Wl
fu** me, you are the Tom Browne of BF.

Do North not have millionaire coterie supporters? Last time I checked we have a few. Peter Scanlon isn't exactly skint with a net worth of $1bn AUD....

The stereotype is f*n hilarious.

Last time I checked we were the first and only club to pay any player $1m a season and it was in the mid 90's, 25 years ago.

Dusty was a bee's dick from walking on $1.4m a season.

But keep ranting on about North being the poor cousins around the corner, despite having 0 debt and the exact same salary cap as everyone else.

I don't think Dusty was as close to join North as you seem to think he was.

Be that as it may, you still have to play under the Salary Cap, and I doubt you could (under the Cap) pay Harry all that much more than what we can/will be.

It's not like the NFL or NBA where one club can massively blow another club's FA offer out of the water.

Besides North currently have a putrid midfield, I doubt Harry would have been much use to your mob with the way your mids and wing players etc butcher the ball.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wl

Be that as it may, you still have to play under the Salary Cap, and I doubt you could (under the Cap) pay Harry all that much more than what we can/will be.

It's not like the NFL or NBA where one club can massively blow another club's FA offer out of the water.

Besides North currently have a putrid midfield, I doubt Harry would have been much use to your mob with the way your mids and wing players etc butcher the ball.

Lol, Ralph Carr and Dusty have said since that he was already out the door, until Balme met him and his old man in NZ. This is on record.

North have considerably more money to offer McKay than Carlton. Deal with it. Not that I think he will move anyway. But the notion that Carlton can pay McKay more than North because they have the Pratt's is hilarious. How much onfield success has that brought about in the last 2 decades?

If it was down to the future strength of the clubs midfield, it's no surprise McKay hasn't signed on with Carlton yet....

Don't think Hawthorn are in a position to be criticizing other clubs overpaying players (whether that be coin or trading picks).

Unless it's North. Who have recently made similarly horrible list management decisions.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Wl

West Indies?

Dusty was offered $10.5m

Harry will get a far better contract on the table than what carlton is offering.

Would be an excellent addition to the north list and they can continue building the middle with elite draft picks

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
IF Mackay was to decide he wanted to go to North then Carlton are not getting pick one. They would be low balled hard by North knowing they can effectively make a FA type offer with pick 1 in the PSD.

If Mackay accepts a massive offer from North he isn't going to give a s**t whether Carlton get fair compensation for him. His money would likely only be coming on the proviso that they won't have to give up a lot tradewise.

That's obviously only IF he wants to take up the offer that will be put on the table but there's no scenario where the Blues are getting fair compensation from North in a trade

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
IF Mackay was to decide he wanted to go to North then Carlton are not getting pick one. They would be low balled hard by North knowing they can effectively make a FA type offer with pick 1 in the PSD.

If Mackay accepts a massive offer from North he isn't going to give a sh*t whether Carlton get fair compensation for him. His money would likely only be coming on the proviso that they won't have to give up a lot tradewise.

That's obviously only IF he wants to take up the offer that will be put on the table but there's no scenario where the Blues are getting fair compensation from North in a trade

Club bias aside, I do worry that North (Least the supporters on this forum) are placing all their eggs in the 5 percent chance Harry will join North basket.

And if that 5 percent chance does happen, it hardly means their rebuild is suddenly all over, they are still minimum 4 years or so after this season to be a chance to play finals anyway.

There is a lot of naivety being played out IMHO.

Absolute no indication at all that Harry will leave Carlton at any rate.

No harm in asking I suppose, but the most probable scenario is Harry will sign a 2 year x 850 ish PA deal which will then take him to restricted free agency.

North fans should not get their hopes up, and also need to start addressing the many other gaps and holes in their list.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Club bias aside, I do worry that North (Least the supporters on this forum) are placing all their eggs in the 5 percent chance Harry will join North basket.

And if that 5 percent chance does happen, it hardly means their rebuild is suddenly all over, they are still minimum 4 years or so after this season to be a chance to play finals anyway.

No harm in asking I suppose, but the most probable scenario is Harry will sign a 2 year x 850 ish PA deal which will then take him to restricted free agency.

North fans should not get their hopes up, and also need to start addressing the many other gaps and holes in their list.

Yeah odds definitely in the Blues favour but North need to have a go at a young key forward that fills a big hole in their list and fits their demographic. No guarantees on when any team will or won't be contesting finals next.

Point is though if he did decide to go Carlton are not getting fair compensation from North

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

I think you're worried altogether. If North can stitch up a ten year gorilla forward now at a time when there's more money to go around in frontloading then it's the perfect time to do it.

You don't do it for a midfielder but for sure you do it with a 23 year old established forward. Means you eliminate the absolute biggest area of need and then when these kids are hitting 22-23 McKay is 27 in his prime.-

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I don't think it matters much what north posters on big footy say- they don't make trade decisions. I would be very surprised if our list management people are putting any, let alone all, their eggs in the Harry McKay basket

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
I don't think it matters much what north posters on big footy say- they don't make trade decisions. I would be very surprised if our list management people are putting any, let alone all, their eggs in the Harry McKay basket

I reckon they'd be slicing up some nice toast soldiers in a flirty way but nothing more, yet.

Back