North Melbourne's fall from grace

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any club ever had such a dramatic drop off?

From a credible four finals wins in two seasons over 2014 and 2015 to 9-0 in 2016 it has been alarming. Since that ninth win of 2016 they are seven wins from 29 games and now legitimately contesting for the spoon.

I don't think too many other clubs would have had this sort of run after such a good couple of years.

HvAz3Un.gif

Hardly a fall from Grace. Maybe a fall from the lowest branch but not Grace.

I thought they were ok at the start of the year and were unlucky in some of the first few games. No doubt the prize at the lower end of the ladder would be dictating the performance we are seeing now.

They moved on quite a few older players recently so their lustre was always going to fade.

They're a rebuilding side with some good players. They'll be ok.

From a credible four finals wins in two seasons over 2014 and 2015 to 9-0 in 2016 it has been alarming. Since that ninth win of 2016 they are seven wins from 29 games and now legitimately contesting for the spoon.

I don't think too many other clubs would have had this sort of run after such a good couple of years.

Did you miss Fremantle 2016?

It's what happens when a list is pushed to extremes. The oldest team in VFL/AFL history last year, they've dropped 2.24 years per player in age - the second-largest season-to-season drop ever recorded. But they're still the fifth-oldest team in the comp.

They're doing what they have to do, and will get worse before they get better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs 2017 is worse.
What happened to youth and a rivalry with gws?
Maybe they should focus on Gold Coast for a rival....

North are rebuilding on the run. Too early to speculate how well that is going. If there were to land a big name this summer then I would suspect they will improve greatly. They are still well positioned to improve quickly next year. But that will depend on whether they can pick up a gun like Kelly or Martin. Although I would be surprised if they did, but you never know in football.

SEN this morning (Lyon, Watson, Sheehan, Red) intimated that North were tanking this last third of the season.

More news at our midday bulletin.

Except this was well and truly foreseen by everyone, why you've decided to bring this up like it was unexpected is baffling?

Never looked even a remote threat when playing finals to me. So, no big surprise.
Yes unlike your club the Media Darlings say Shite Kilda are going to do this and do that in a year your supposed to make finals and you have let your supporters down at least when we get to a Grand Final we win it and if wasn't for a bad off the side off the boot kick from Barry BREEN you still be Zero Flags don't worry about us pal worry about your own sad club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back