Discussion North Melbourne's home jumper going forward

Glad I'm not the only one who read it that way!

No matter what jumper they are wearing, North should be in white shorts tonight. It's common bloody sense.

Or Carlton as the away team have to avoid a clash with whatever the home team wants to wear.

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
Or Carlton as the away team have to avoid a clash with whatever the home team wants to wear.

Shorts should always be negotiable IMO, but otherwise yeah.

(Isn't that the EPL rule - home team picks its shirt and the refs say what's what other than that? That works for me.)

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Quote from someone in the media I know

"From what I understand, club asked for it. Perhaps angling at using it more in the future. Big hit with the fans, so want to see it used more."

Quote from someone in the media I know

"From what I understand, club asked for it. Perhaps angling at using it more in the future. Big hit with the fans, so want to see it used more."

It's pretty clear from the tweet in the OP that the club is peeved by continually being forced to wear white shorts.

I'm sure (hope?) their preference is to wear the white jumper and blue shorts.

If the AFL is sticking fat with their full colour kit rule (Hawthorn being the exception), then it'll be interesting how they approach it from next year. It's not clear to me at the moment whether the blue jumper is their new home guernsey right now or more when they feel like it.

They were in all white for the Dogs game but i reckon that's more because the Dogs clash kit is farcical.

danfurla

Draftee
May 15, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have no idea why we would wear our blue strip. Dont get me wrong i absolutely love our blue kit and love seeing us wear when we can ie Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney but tonights decision to wear the all blue kit was a strange. Both teams in dark blue kits and the afl approved this?
was difficult to tell the players from far away
Going forward i would much rather prefer north have just two kits. our home kit with just white shorts, no more blue shorts with the home jumper
think the white jumper and white shorts just looks more aesthetically pleasing. and have the royal blue jumper and blue shorts for when we play the teams mentioned above plus wearing it against teams like geelong, hawthorn and prob a few other teams where we could wear our blue kit with no clash

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
I don't think it's becoming the home kit, more becoming an alternate kit that can be used home or away, which I'm very unhappy with, as I was hoping it would be phased out soon in favour of a different clash strip.

Weird one. Royal jumper is clearly not close to being as strong to the white one nor is it nearly as "North".

What a giant ****up it is using the jumper in this game too.
We're just trying to get into the big 4, what better way than to clash as badly as possible with other big 4 teams.

Black numbers are almost constitutional for NM, and the blue doesn't allow that.
What?
Who really cares about the colour of the number?
How are they almost constitutional?

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I have no idea why we would wear our blue strip. Dont get me wrong i absolutely love our blue kit and love seeing us wear when we can ie Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney but tonights decision to wear the all blue kit was a strange. Both teams in dark blue kits and the afl approved this?
was difficult to tell the players from far away
Going forward i would much rather prefer north have just two kits. our home kit with just white shorts, no more blue shorts with the home jumper
think the white jumper and white shorts just looks more aesthetically pleasing. and have the royal blue jumper and blue shorts for when we play the teams mentioned above plus wearing it against teams like geelong, hawthorn and prob a few other teams where we could wear our blue kit with no clash
Welcome to the forum m8

Strauchanside

Team Captain
May 19, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
What was interesting to me today was that both in Adelaide and in the North game, was that a predominately dark kit was allowed to be matched against a predominately royal blue kit, without a white clash to be used. I don't think this would have been allowed in previous years.

Back