Scandal North Melbourne's Jaidyn Stephenson has broken his hip after an incident at home

Remove this Banner Ad

"Housemates" apparently... :think:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there were further developments in this story.

And I'd hate to be one of those tools who just HAS to dispute a news article about a scandal calling a fringe player a star, but I feel like Stephenson's "stellar" season (as it was mentioned on AFL.com) is way overblown.

He had an OK season for the wooden spooner. Nothing outrageous for one of the rising stars of the league a few years ago. And where it is kind of relevant, is that his play isn't cancelling out his continued d**knead moments, as far as I'm concerned. He's not good enough to be continuously having these incidents and gaffes.

This doesn't make a lot of sense.

Medical records can't be hidden, because they are by definition hidden.

If he's at a public hospital about the best he can probably do is ask for a private room due to being somewhat high profile. Otherwise he's got the same level of privacy when it comes to his records as everyone. He might try to get the healthcare staff treating him to record a more favourable story on how it happened, but it's hardly a huge detail for those treating him. It's probably going in the notes as 'Bike v stairs' no matter what he says.

He could avoid telling the club. But there's probably something in players contracts about keeping the club informed of injuries. He's also got to do the standard drug test requirement stuff as well. Overall it's definitely not worth trying to hide that he is injured, even if he paints the best possible scenario of how it happened.

Just read that he tried to clear 12 stairs. Should be giving this bloke some kind of award for being a sick campaigner, not lashing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have learned how to BS from the best.
Shaw, Swan, De Goey and Sidebottom.
Now all we need to do is locate the rubber chicken!
Hey ‘bright spark’, you do realise Shaw and Swan were not at the club when he was drafted, do you not?

Of course they were but didn't stop them doing stupid sh*t and trying to bs club about it!
Forgot Didak,
point being that in Malthouse's time you could have a fair bit forgiven if you could play!
You know the thing with guys like Shaw and Swan were they didn’t keep causing issues (that we know of). Also, when players from other clubs are recruited and asked what surprised them the most at Collingwood, the answer was always the same. It was how hard Swan trained particularly during the pre-season. Sure guys play up. But if they can separate it and maintain their professionalism then they are given chances. And also they learn quickly what’s acceptable.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back