North Melbourne's salary cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure is. Contracted to GWS for 2019.

Give yourself 100 Brownie points.

Gee, are you up and about now? I wouldn't have pegged you for a front runner.

Now stop trolling this thread.

Just a moderate footy fan who doesn't count chickens until they hatch. Wasn't convinced we were actually premiers until the final siren sounded. Not convinced we'll get Kelly, Lobb or any other player we're currently linked to.

There were plenty of like minded people saying (for some time) that a collection of North fans actually had SFA inside info and not to get too carried away about 'done deal' Gaff after Martin, Kelly, De Goey etc. but said collection of fans persisted, and in fact continue to persist. I admire your optimism but at least recognise that is what it is.

If you don't want to be trolled, don't say s**t like "Martin/ DeGoey/ Gaff/ Kelly are locked in"... because when it doesn't happen you become a laughing stock.

Just say you have a "hunch"... because at the end of the day, you know NOTHING! All these idiots saying they have an "inside source" are full of s**t 999 times out of 1000.

Without sounding like a troll, why can’t Nth get the big guns? If you are throwing bags of cash at players & they keep turning it down at the 11th hour something is wrong. Is it the facilities? The culture? The coach? Thoughts???

Without sounding like a troll, why can’t Nth get the big guns? If you are throwing bags of cash at players & they keep turning it down at the 11th hour something is wrong. Is it the facilities? The culture? The coach? Thoughts???
Time to throw a big bag at Parker

So much war chest so many salary caps to bust

Struggled to think of any players at Sydney worthy of money other than heeney and Parker
Theres no point in offering bags of money to anyone... they will just think about it for 3 months & say no like everyone else Nth throws money at.

I don't understand why North supporters think they have some big war chest and no other club does as we all have the same salary cap..

The only reason you room in your salary cap is because you have a list of average players and when a marquee player is available they never pick North but i think the management of the player you are chasing hold a bone out to North so they can tell the world about all the millions they are prepared to pay which enables the free agent to get clubs to pay more.

When Kelly becomes available, There will be other big clubs chasing him and as you have seen many times. . The free agent goes elsewhere..

If you were in the running for Lynch, even if you were offering the most money.. There is no way a player is going to choose you over Pies, Hawks, Tigers, Bombers.. The only way you will land a prized recruit... Is if no one else is interested..

I don't understand why North supporters think they have some big war chest and no other club does as we all have the same salary cap..

Your making thins up.

StKilda and Carlton, just to name two other clubs, have plenty of money sloshing around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your making thins up.

StKilda and Carlton, just to name two other clubs, have plenty of money sloshing around.

Same boat as North.. A club that is the last resort for any player..

Carlton just need to get their s**t together and that will change very quickly.

Players want to play in front of big crowds, big supporter bases, play at the home of football regularly..

Any player you target you have to pay considerably more to entice them due to not being able the big club experience..

I find it strange that teams like Carlton and GC only pay $630,000 less in their salary cap than the top teams. With only that much difference, it must be a real struggle for North to offer huge deals year after year.

Well, that's just rubbish.

Polec would be in your best six.

Hahahaha in our top 6.

Port didn't even put up a fight to keep him.. Everyone in the media has said consistently that what you are offering Polec is ridiculous.. But you are so desperate to sign up a player that wasn't already delisted at another club..

Polec in best 6.. Hahahahahahahaha

So if North have been front-loading contracts for years and now all those players who were front l-oaded are now on reduced contracts and there is no Dusty/Gaff/Kelly figure to take up all that slack... who are they paying the money too?

So if North have been front-loading contracts for years and now all those players who were front l-oaded are now on reduced contracts and there is no Dusty/Gaff/Kelly figure to take up all that slack... who are they paying the money too?
we are going to front load both Hall and Polecs deal, so in 2020 they will be on much less

The only reason you room in your salary cap is because you have a list of average players and when a marquee player is available they never pick North but i think the management of the player you are chasing hold a bone out to North so they can tell the world about all the millions they are prepared to pay which enables the free agent to get clubs to pay more.

When Kelly becomes available, There will be other big clubs chasing him and as you have seen many times. . The free agent goes elsewhere..

If you were in the running for Lynch, even if you were offering the most money.. There is no way a player is going to choose you over Pies, Hawks, Tigers, Bombers.. The only way you will land a prized recruit... Is if no one else is interested..

What else would you have North do Kendricks? They are a smaller club with less overall success and a small supporter base. That isnt going to change anytime soon is it so if the only advantage they have over the 'big clubs' is more cash then they should absolutely use that to their advantage and offer contracts others cant match.
The arrogance of tiges supporters here and in general is out of control because you stole a flag. Kudos to you, you were the best team in 2017 but lets not forget the past 30 years where you were a laughing stock for the majority of it.
This whole destination clubs is the biggest load of s**t doing the rounds via AFL media lately. Destination club means whose currently contending and nothing more. If you were in carlton position do you think Lynch would be so keen to join? Highly unlikely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back