North Melbourne's struggle in attracting elite or A grade players

Remove this Banner Ad

I would call Polec an elite winger. Higgins is elite although he wasnt at the time of signing.

Star players that are already at big clubs that look in contention for a flag (Dusty, DeGoey, Gaff) probably not that keen to trade it in for home games in tassie though.

The Cavs have gone from easybeats to finalists to easybeats to champions and will be back to easybeats again this year.
cavs will be ok this year...

Any North fans concerned that Josh Kelly isn't one of the players GWS are offloading? You'd think he'd be first cab off the rank if they had any suspicion he will leave next year anyway...

Any North fans concerned that Josh Kelly isn't one of the players GWS are offloading? You'd think he'd be first cab off the rank if they had any suspicion he will leave next year anyway...
I'm sure a few are concerned but you would think those in charge of the club would work the list around what we have now, not what we might have soon.

Why is it all so public?

Hmmm... perhaps you could ask Connors that question as well

When North was perusing Dusty and Kelly, a North board member publicly come out and boasted about the warchest. It was in the papers.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Now that the dust has settled.
I'm pretty happy with our trades.

Polec will add much needed pace and skill on the wing.
Hall will add another dimension coming off HB into the midfield.

Pittard & Tyson some nice depth
Also basically free hits.

Also Bailey Scott chose us as a father son.

Only players who left are Press & Clarke.

Must be true then.

Again, the part where the board member actually come out and said it........read, try to understand/comprehend, then comment big guy.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Yeah - it’ll be interesting to watch that pan out.
I think there’s a way to go with this one - if GWS just lose the GF and we have a horror year I could understand Josh staying at GWS.
I think he has intentions to come to North but nothing is decided and anyone that says it is I doubt their credibility.
I see Kelly as the jewel in their crown and they won’t let him go without an almighty scrap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a lawyer at a community legal centre. I could earn twice what I make here at a commercial litigation firm doing essentially the same job.

I love my job, and wouldn't move.

There is more to how you spend your days than money mate. He'll get well compensated at the Eagles in any event.

If you worked at a commercial litigation firm, you wouldn't be able to spend so much time on bigfooty.

No salary can compensate for that! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back