Prediction North new game plan

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, thats a game and match winning play in the current state of the game. It a Quarter back throwing it down the line to a receiver for a touch down goal. Simples. Just break the lines. No player behind the centre square. Barrel it and have the ball land end on end.. have a spicer type run onto the ball, thats a return goal every kick out. Simples

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, thats a game and match winning play in the current state of the game. It a Quarter back throwing it down the line to a receiver for a touch down goal. Simples. Just break the lines. No player behind the centre square. Barrel it and have the ball land end on end.. have a spicer type run onto the ball, thats a return goal every kick out. Simples

It's not as simple as that.

We are looking to move the ball quicker and we look great when it does!

And that's with half our team out.......

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not as simple as that.

We are looking to move the ball quicker and we look great when it does!

And that's with half our team out.......
A little bit of creativity can create separation... why not a big filthy 60+ metre barrel over the last line to a kid Spicer, who would burn every one into an open goal?

a 60+ barrel would equal 110 metres which would mean its at the arch or just in our 50? Why not? Its a game play I’d like to see with the new rules

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Wells could torp about 60-70m easy and did it a few times to get us going.

The main focus should be goal kicking this week. We are dreadful atm. The game plan will sort itself out with more experienced personnel.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes I really like our mid and defensive half movement.

Fwd line needs LOTS of work.

Why don't we lead?

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Wells could torp about 60-70m easy and did it a few times to get us going.

The main focus should be goal kicking this week. We are dreadful atm. The game plan will sort itself out with more experienced personnel.
Its not directly correlated to a north plan. i could see this type of plan being executed flawlessly with the current rules. Zones set up at the centre square and all teams do do it.. if you are able to barrel the ball to the 50m arc and have a player with pace run onto the ball it is 100% an immediate score. Do it enough the spread with push beyond the zone... why the fk not? @ me lets discuss

4 games in. Need to keep reminding ourselves that we’ve been playing this game plan for 4 games.

Today we saw the most glimpses of what Noble is trying to do. Those runs through the middle were absolutely scintillating.

An elite user or two off half back will do us a world of good.
Yes, the runs through the middle were great, but the forward line is just absolute shite, both personnel-wise, and the way they are drilled.
The other problem is that we don't have any ability to control the flow of the game. Either we are winning the ball around the contest and go forward at 100 miles an hour, or the opposition gets hold of it and we can't get near it for periods of the game. There has to be middle ground where we can slow it down for periods as well. That will come, but at the moment, the only way we are going to get a win this season is if the opposition doesn't punish us when we go to sleep, which we invariably do. Or we need a 5 goal lead going into the last quarter, which is hard to achieve with our forward line.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
every time we go forward me and my mates go

“watch North find a way to butcher this”

/proceeds to * it up

Our forward line is so dysfunctional. Barely any space or lead up marks. It’s painful to watch lol

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, the runs through the middle were great, but the forward line is just absolute sh*te, both personnel-wise, and the way they are drilled.
The other problem is that we don't have any ability to control the flow of the game. Either we are winning the ball around the contest and go forward at 100 miles an hour, or the opposition gets hold of it and we can't get near it for periods of the game. There has to be middle ground where we can slow it down for periods as well. That will come, but at the moment, the only way we are going to get a win this season is if the opposition doesn't punish us when we go to sleep, which we invariably do. Or we need a 5 goal lead going into the last quarter, which is hard to achieve with our forward line.

No one is saying the forward line is great.

It isn't.

However Noble can't fix up the mess he's been left with overnight (and all the injuries)

Step by step and I'm seeing clear positives already.

No one is saying the forward line is great.

It isn't.

However Noble can't fix up the mess he's been left with overnight (and all the injuries)

Step by step and I'm seeing clear positives already.
Nobody is blaming Noble for it, although it would be nice to see some more system about the set up, even with the ordinary personnel we have up there. But the bigger questions are with Rawlings, Luff and Clayton - why they left the forward line to later drafts, knowing how long it takes to develop players.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nobody is blaming Noble for it, although it would be nice to see some more system about the set up, even with the ordinary personnel we have up there. But the bigger questions are with Rawlings, Luff and Clayton - why they left the forward line to later drafts, knowing how long it takes to develop players.

I don't disagree at all.

However the fwd line is a clear concern and I don't know their strategy.

Mids clearly prioritized and build from there. I'm ok with that so long as we stick to a plan.

Not change game plans every year like Scott did, get the players settled so they know what to do.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

First pick in 2019 was a tall forward EH. Club rates Comben & Larkey highly.

Reality is worst case, in 2024 with a midfield of LDU, Simpkin, Phillips, Powell, Stephenson & Horne, that we can throw a Josh Bruce type in their and make him look like a superstar (see dogs example).

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good test of our new plan at Cattery.

We have been horrible there recently (unless I've forgotten a game)

I hope we stay true to it despite thinner ground

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cunners in the groove.

Powell and Phillips to show heaps. (again)

* the Cats.

Back