News North set to go with Puma for 2022

cmBuzza

Debutant
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I was talking to a bloke that owns and runs a sports shop and he said North will be with Puma next year, he said he has already ordered the puma gear for next year. Surely the middle stripe won’t get cut off!

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
This is a good move for them, the puma stuff is class. I appreciate Canterbury for trying something new but the weird collar never grew on me

Don't mind this but I feel the simpler the guernsey the better. Would love a simple V neck collar, no pinstripes, and thinner stripes especially for PI guernseys when stretched. The off-field gear will be classy, hate North's stuff for this year - especially the polo which wreaks of best and less footy merch.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Don't mind this but I feel the simpler the guernsey the better. Would love a simple V neck collar, no pinstripes, and thinner stripes especially for PI guernseys when stretched. The off-field gear will be classy, hate North's stuff for this year - especially the polo which wreaks of best and less footy merch.
If you look at the Giants puma polo this year, i wouldn’t have high hopes....

If you look at the Giants puma polo this year, i wouldn’t have high hopes....
I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

Another day in the life of a North supporter...

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Hopefully return to traditional white based jumper

The first jumper shown is the current North Melbourne jumper, blue with white stripes with the large pin stripes. The problem with the change to blue with white is that Collingwood (the second jumper) went black with white and the jumpers look simliar.
The North Melbourne jumpers next year that I have designed for Puma are the next two sets of jumpers. The first two are the home Jumper is a white jumper with blue stripes, the traditional North Melbourne style. It is also the design used by the club when winning their 4 premierships. The second two are the clash jumper which is a blue jumper with a white yoke with a white logo on the front.

The new North Melbourne logo that I have designed is made up of the old club logo with the club motto underneath. The stripes are replace by a modernised kangaroo logo with stripes.

Huge signing for North.

They traditionally don't have big name manufacturers since Nike in the 90's, having rolled through a few random companies and really Canterbury being a big signing.

Puma will fix a lot of the jumper issues and should really help sell a lot more retails.

This has the AFL's hands all over it.
Puma and the AFL are clearly in some partnership (they did the Bushfire Relief game, joining GWS) and have taken the mantle off ISC.
I would be shocked if the Umpire's aren't in Puma soon.

Big opportunity for them to really stamp their brand on the competition with Adidas leaving.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Huge signing for North.

They traditionally don't have big name manufacturers since Nike in the 90's, having rolled through a few random companies and really Canterbury being a big signing.

Puma will fix a lot of the jumper issues and should really help sell a lot more retails.

Puma and the AFL are clearly in some partnership (they did the Bushfire Relief game, joining GWS) and have taken the mantle off ISC.

Big opportunity for them to really stamp their brand on the competition with Adidas leaving.

Wonder if Richmond will still be with Puma next year with the contract ending this season?
You'd think so, but Tigers will definitely be asking for a lot more $$$$ now than they did in 2016 for obvious reasons.
Wouldn't be surprised if Nike swoops in. They seemingly wanted three AFL clubs, heard from couple people they wanted to supply Crows.

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wonder if Richmond will still be with Puma next year with the contract ending this season?
You'd think so, but Tigers will definitely be asking for a lot more $$$$ now than they did in 2016 for obvious reasons.
Wouldn't be surprised if Nike swoops in. They seemingly wanted three AFL clubs, heard from couple people they wanted to supply Crows.
Richmond, Collingwood and Sydney. Those 3 clubs are Nike tier, so i won't be surprised if it ends that way. Poor west coast though. A big club that can't land a big apparel sponsor, lol.

I don't really want Nike, Pumas work has been beyond excellent.

I would happily stay with Puma for a while, faultless.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Would’ve loved Collingwood to go with Puma, haven’t been impressed with our Nike stuff.
They do seem a little underwhelming. I personally thought your Adidas Guernsey from 2011-12 was your best one this century, the weird collar was disguised by the great Adidas Logo placing.

Apr 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC - MVFC - Socceroos.
Huge signing for North.

who’s Hawthorn going with in 2022

Back