Review North supporters be ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

100% this.

Ok and fwiw my old man died during the week and we were organising his funeral yesterday, does that give me a pass

Really sorry to be reading this Dan. Condolences mate.

Crowd numbers will always be reflective of where a team is on the ladder and how they are performing. I remember when we won 8 or 9 in a row a few years ago and we had over 29,000 to a north freo game. When the team starts to show some more promise the attendance will increase.
In saying that, I think it's important as many of get to the games that are less likely to draw a crowd this year. Eg the home games against the giants and suns.

From where I was sitting, I thought the crowd was roughly 50/50 North/GoDees. However, let's say for argument's sake that it was 40/60 North/GoDees. That means that a team who are reigning premiers, on an historic winning run and playing an attractive brand of footy managed to pull just over 8000 to the game.

And North, at our lowest low for half a century, are the ones who should be ashamed?

Hi Erroll,

Thanks for your sweeping statement here.

I wasn't at the game Saturday as I had a family function on that I couldn't get out of.

I didn't miss a game in Melbourne between 1999 and 2007, since then I have missed a handful due to things like illness, family functions and being overseas when the game was on.

But yes I am ashamed of myself.

Get a grip.

Hi Erroll,

Thanks for your sweeping statement here.

I wasn't at the game Saturday as I had a family function on that I couldn't get out of.

I didn't miss a game in Melbourne between 1999 and 2007, since then I have missed a handful due to things like illness, family functions and being overseas when the game was on.

But yes I am ashamed of myself.

Get a grip.

Disgraceful Uncle Leo.

Donā€™t come back when we start winning, pathetic.

From where I was sitting, I thought the crowd was roughly 50/50 North/GoDees. However, let's say for argument's sake that it was 40/60 North/GoDees. That means that a team who are reigning premiers, on an historic winning run and playing an attractive brand of footy managed to pull just over 8000 to the game.

And North, at our lowest low for half a century, are the ones who should be ashamed?
Not a ****ing chance was it a 50/50 split. There was 3 maybe 4K at best, majority rest was dees supporters and perhaps a tiny fraction of neutral fans hoping to see a slaughter that were going to the Dream Time game afterwards.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think about the past 2 and a half years and what Melbourne supporters have been through in terms of watching football at the ground.

Since the 17th of August 2019 Melbourne based supporters have seen:
W - 86 points Brown Kicks 10
L- 52
L - 128 (Josh Freaking Bruce kicks 10)
L- 48 against a side we should have been near.
L - 18 against a side we could/should have beaten
L - 72 Against the old enemy
L - 29 at least it wasn't 128...
L- 20 maintain we could have won this game structure was poor.
W - 15 to a side that have been heavily replaced by stand ins
L - 68 over before it began
L - 70 to a side we opened up not 12 months ago

Is it really a surprise that attendance is down when staring at an undefeated opponent and the very real potential of a triple figure loss.

Really sorry to be reading this Dan. Condolences mate.
Thanks to all, he was almost 83 died peacefully in his own house watching tv propped in his chair, I guess it doesnā€™t get much better than that, he would have loved 2 things that have occurred since; his beloved Everton avoiding relegation and the ALP winning government šŸ˜€

Thanks to all, he was almost 83 died peacefully in his own house watching tv propped in his chair, I guess it doesnā€™t get much better than that, he would have loved 2 things that have occurred since; his beloved Everton avoiding relegation and the ALP winning government šŸ˜€
Sincere condolences to you and yours. Peacefully is a nice way to go when it happens but doesnt make it hurt any less. Take care.

Last edited:

Its a s**t thing mate. That's about as good as it gets. My old man died at home, in his bed, with his two boys and their mum there.

When I go I want to be at home.

Well that or unexpectedly on the nest with a supermodel.

l sit behind a group of 10 members with reserved seating on level 2 and at our last home game l said l would see them at our next home game..Unfortunately they didn't make it due to the fact that the time didn't suit them with the kids...While it is sad that members cant go they still have memberships . Its the "followers", l don't call them supporters, who dont turn up that are not helping...If they want to follow a winning club at the moment then go elsewhere they wont be missed.

Itā€™s a problem across the competition, not just for North. Pandering to the commercial interests and fundamental changes to the game have been killing interest (and attendance) for a while. No wonder Gil is jumping ship.

Itā€™s also no surprise that this is Caroā€™s headline topic on Footy Calsified rather than the dude in ICU from being smacked on the scone with a didge.

Itā€™s a problem across the competition, not just for North. Pandering to the commercial interests and fundamental changes to the game have been killing interest (and attendance) for a while. No wonder Gil is jumping ship.

Itā€™s also no surprise that this is Caroā€™s headline topic on Footy Calsified rather than the dude in ICU from being smacked on the scone with a didge.
You poohead left me alone :(

Lots had genuine reasons, as is the case every week. The rest that missed were just the usual bunch of toxic nuffies, who stomp their feet and throw tantrums when things don't go their way. "I wont be coming back until we show some effort, or gameplan, or sack the coach or whatever demands they have don't get met"....

I had a close friend's birthday, so my absence had nothing to do with form. But to be fair, when the players haven't even brought the effort this season for the most part, it's hard to point the finger at supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back