Review North supporters be ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13 against the Giants and Round 23 against the Suns are a concern. You'd hope we break 10,000 in both games, but after today I doubt we will.

Don’t agree with shaming North fans who didn’t attend. Kudos to the loud faithful who made your presence & rage felt.

All clubs experience low crowds when they are having down times. Our numbers reflect our supporter base & the reality of our form.
I do . Name & Shame them all I say .
You are a disgrace. It’s about sticking fat with your team in thick & thin times .
Especially when you think you are entitled to have an opinion about our players & how the club should be run . Well you know what ? U don’t ?!

I genuinely feel sorry for those criticising others for not going to a footy game.

Your life must be incredibly depressing if you can't understand why others don't prioritise watching an entertainment product that has been incredibly unentertaining all year.

I think today's crowd was exposed more by the fact there were so many rows of empty seats. I get that rebuild football isn't sexy all the time (pretty much almost ways) but I would expect the cheer squad area and surrounding areas to be relatively full.

Crowds will always be a problem until we get better timeslots (which will come with better performances) and start attracting more flash footballers.

Roast Beef roll in the Social Club was great.

I’m guessing there was a lot of that Beef left over though.
I popped in pregame, big chunk of beef left. Would have loved a postgame one but had to hit the road .
But One is for sure …. I’m a proud North Melbourne Football Club MEMBER & proudly wear my colours at every game we play !View attachment 1405767
Same here, but I get other people can't make it.
I can zoom in and see myself and family there. With passionate North people.

But why the duck doesn't the club do something about mouthy opposition supporters there to rile up the North supporters in that zone? It's marketed as a North only area yet the last 2 home games has had opposition supporters smashing cans of cheap bourbon and potting our people.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with respectful opposition supporters there. Lot of them are sitting with North friends and are enjoying the game. It's the mobs of sad *s without North friends who are there to cause trouble and Marvel "security" are useless. Saw it at the Dogs game and saw it today. Enough NMFC, look after your members.

Disgraceful 13k Crowd after a long time between games in Melbourne.

Don’t come back when we start winning, pathetic.

More Melbourne supporters here than North!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Oh come off it. Unfortunately that’s human nature. People are less likely to go when we’ve been losing by over 10 goals every single week. It’s happens.

You are a disgrace. It’s about sticking fat with your team in thick & thin times .
Especially when you think you are entitled to have an opinion about our players & how the club should be run . Well you know what ? U don’t ?!
Respectfully disagree.

As someone who went to every game in Qld during the revamped Covid season, I get the passionate commitment to attend and applaud the faithful who do. However, I refuse to accept that not attending means you forfeit your rights to call yourself a fan.

I think today's crowd was exposed more by the fact there were so many rows of empty seats. I get that rebuild football isn't sexy all the time (pretty much almost ways) but I would expect the cheer squad area and surrounding areas to be relatively full.

Crowds will always be a problem until we get better timeslots (which will come with better performances) and start attracting more flash footballers.

Sorry but 13k in total there maybe 4K north and the time slot was prime.

I genuinely feel sorry for those criticising others for not going to a footy game.

Your life must be incredibly depressing if you can't understand why others don't prioritise watching an entertainment product that has been incredibly unentertaining all year.

No one is criticising it’s a reflection on this club as a whole and our supporter base and our future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's a matter of being 'ashamed' as such - people will prioritise what is important in their lives and in today's world there are a lot of conflicting priorities.

But I think we need to reassess what we thought was the 'rusted on' Melbourne supporter base.

5 years ago it was accepted we had 15,000 rusted on types ie those that will attend Melbourne home games come hell or high water - ie they will prioritise their lives to be there at for at least 6-7 home games.

After today it is clear that this rusted on figure is around 1/2 that - 7500 or so - and in a commercial world where the AFL counts its crowd sizes as a key barometer of health we are no where near enough in terms of numbers in the context of being an established club in a mature market.

I think we can also count as irrelevant the so called 'member' count - eg we are 50k 'members'. We have nothing like that in real terms and we need to stop thinking we do.

Last edited:
Not gonna shame anyone for not going, as I said in the GDT I get why. Peoples reasons are their own and who am I or anyone else to question them.

Fact remains though that we would've had no more than 6-7K supporters there today which is a dreadful turnout.

It is what it is. I just lament how it adds ammo to the haters.

Respectfully disagree.

As someone who went to every game in Qld during the revamped Covid season, I get the passionate commitment to attend and applaud the faithful who do. However, I refuse to accept that not attending means you forfeit your rights to call yourself a fan.
I’m sorry but I respectfully disagree ,,
Im not sure if u understand but a non paying member or non game attending “fan” does not help a club exist and pay the bills . With support and an attendance figure like today a club will eventually disappear.
You can fan the right as much as u want from your keyboard but thanks to fellow game attending $$$ members this club that you claim to be a fan exists.

I’m not sure what we expected?

Going into the game we were playing putrid football and there was an expectation that we would most likely cop a 100+ point belting.

I turned up, but I must admit it wasn’t with any great enthusiasm.

If you had other plans or not feeling up to, I could totally see people making a decision not to go.

The club also needs to play its part in giving people a reason to show up.

Ha yeah naming and shaming great idea, that should get people to return.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ha yeah naming and shaming great idea, that should get people to return.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The only thing that will get people back to watch in numbers is the team playing a lot more like today.

If you are going to be deplorable, then you can’t expect people to show up in numbers.

I did make a comment to a mate, that it wasn’t so long ago that the Social Club would be buzzing, today it was empty and flat.

If the players don’t turn up, why should fans. You reap what you sow.

I’m in Perth and went to watch the Dockers flog us a couple of weeks ago. It’s actually not that fun.
Oh boo hoo …. Not fun when we lose …
Ok … u come & join the bandwagon we start winning…. Hopefully u can have fun then 🥲

Can somewhat understand North fans reluctance to attend given how bad we’re going, covid, timeslot, on TV etc but Narrm fans should be even more ashamed. Current premiers, playing a very good brand, fantastic players all over the place…….why the * wouldn’t you attend?….even as an away supporter. They’ve waited a bloody lifetime for a flag & winning team and they too didn’t bother today either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back