Review North supporters be ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the south Melbourne market before I rocked up. I try to go to as many games as possible but it’s so hard when it’s smack bang in the middle of a Sunday when I have footy.

I sat alone for some therapy because I am a socially awkward person. But I did have a little chat with some dilfs you two know who you are.

Firstly Get Stuffed, I don't have to explain my attendance, non attendance to a knuckle-head like yourself.
Secondly, the AFL is going though a huge slump in crowd numbers. Lowest in 26 years, so its not just North games with low number its every clubs games.
Some people are still avoiding crowds, some people hate the way the game is officiated and the new rules are compounding with other stupid rules to make the game look like a farce.
Thirdly until the last round North has played like a complete system-less rabble, without passion, without intensity and worst of all without heart. Can't blame anyone for not wanting to watch this once great team, go though the motions while questioning their commitment.
Having to listen to David Nobel apologies for berating the team for frankly an insipid performances is just galling, its should be the team apologizing for sub standard efforts.

Lots had genuine reasons, as is the case every week. The rest that missed were just the usual bunch of toxic nuffies, who stomp their feet and throw tantrums when things don't go their way. "I wont be coming back until we show some effort, or gameplan, or sack the coach or whatever demands they have don't get met"....
Best way to increase game attendence is keep employing progressively worse TV commentators,,,,,,broadcasters/AFL certainly doing well on that front.

Firstly Get Stuffed, I don't have to explain my attendance, non attendance to a knuckle-head like yourself.
Secondly, the AFL is going though a huge slump in crowd numbers. Lowest in 26 years, so its not just North games with low number its every clubs games.
Some people are still avoiding crowds, some people hate the way the game is officiated and the new rules are compounding with other stupid rules to make the game look like a farce.
Thirdly until the last round North has played like a complete system-less rabble, without passion, without intensity and worst of all without heart. Can't blame anyone for not wanting to watch this once great team, go though the motions while questioning their commitment.
Having to listen to David Nobel apologies for berating the team for frankly an insipid performances is just galling, its should be the team apologizing for sub standard efforts.
Have to say AFL needs to look at the cost of attending games for a family, not just the admission price. At the GABBA a few years back, they advertised free GA tix for kids on Sunday games, rocked up to watch Lions vs Tiges with my 2 youngsters, and 50 bux a tick was all that was available....not paying that to watch a non north game....went home flicked on the telly and the ground was half full! Since then, the only non north game I've attended was the GABBA GF.

I've probably been to every home/replacement game possible for 4 years aside from the weekend, so give me a break lol

Best way to increase game attendence is keep employing progressively worse TV commentators,,,,,,broadcasters/AFL certainly doing well on that front.
Ha, we were talking about this at home watching Pies/Freo - my partner said that for all the trouble it is sometimes to get to the ground, at least you don’t have to filter the game through the idiotic TV commentary. And that was on Kayo, so not the Z team on 7.

I went to the game and knew pretty early that this wasn't going to be a big crowd. There were two teams playing so why are we only having a go at North supporters.
People should be able to choose whether they go to a game or not.
I go because I'm a northaholic

So the sub standard efforts are entirely on the team are they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowds were down all around on Saturday. Only 6,000 turned up for a season defining Western Bulldogs game in Ballarat despite absolutely brilliant playing conditions. Perhaps it was the nice unseasonal May weather and people wanting to make something else of their Saturday afternoon? Perhaps we might also consider that AFL crowds have been down 25% in Victoria across the board this season compared with 2019 (affecting EVERY CLUB). That may be due in part to COVID hesitancy, particularly when there are 10,000 new cases every day in Victoria ATM. When you have 90,000 active cases across the state, that's a lot of people and their families isolating with them.

There was also an election on and 66% of Victorian's hadn't pre-poll voted and had to line up to vote in their electorates.

Then of course there's the elephant in the room. When this forum's Game Day Thread was titled "North Melbourne v Melbourne - Sheer Annihilation Game Day Thread", then what do you honestly expect FFS? Geezus what do think that North supporters are a pack of masochists? Yeah, geez let's pack up the family and take them to the footy to watch the boys get flogged. Sounds like a plan to me. :think:

I agree with those who have posted that the club is being extremely well supported by its 47,000 members who are showing absolute faith in the club. perhaps much more faith than what the club deserves. But we are hanging in there. :thumbsu::)

So get the bloody hell off your high horse!!!

You're a disgrace. You should be ashamed. You better have a look at yourself in the mirror to show just how pathetic of a 'supporter' you are for not going.

How did I do?

TIL Private Hudson has a mirrored wall behind his TV.

Crowds were down all around on Saturday. Only 6,000 turned up for a season defining Western Bulldogs game in Ballarat despite absolutely brilliant playing conditions. Perhaps it was the nice unseasonal May weather and people wanting to make something else of their Saturday afternoon? Perhaps we might also consider that AFL crowds have been down 25% in Victoria across the board this season compared with 2019 (affecting EVERY CLUB). That may be due in part to COVID hesitancy, particularly when there are 10,000 new cases every day in Victoria ATM. When you have 90,000 active cases across the state, that's a lot of people and their families isolating with them.

There was also an election on and 66% of Victorian's hadn't pre-poll voted and had to line up to vote in their electorates.

Then of course there's the elephant in the room. When this forum's Game Day Thread was titled "North Melbourne v Melbourne - Sheer Annihilation Game Day Thread", then what do you honestly expect FFS? Geezus what do think that North supporters are a pack of masochists? Yeah, geez let's pack up the family and take them to the footy to watch the boys get flogged. Sounds like a plan to me. :think:

I agree with those who have posted that the club is being extremely well supported by its 47,000 members who are showing absolute faith in the club. perhaps much more faith than what the club deserves. But we are hanging in there. :thumbsu::)

So get the bloody hell off your high horse!!!
Whoever made that thread I thought made humorous title.

Each to there own.

Whoever made that thread I thought made humorous title.

Each to there own.
I saw the funny side, but there was also a lot of sarcasm and realism attached to the title as well because everybody earnestly expected us to get our A's handed to us. The title accurately expressed the general pessimism that members and supporters were feeling about the outcome of that game.

Last edited:
I have missed a few games over the decades due to family stuff, work and holidays but never because of the cbf factor. I love going to watch my club even in these dark days. For sure it’s hard work at the moment and can understand peoples’s unwillingness to not go at times.

When the administration is taking members for granted by operating on a zero accountability policy and just wasting members money people will find other things to do.

Club has shown nothing this season, in stark contrast to Collingwood, Hawthorn and Adelaide..

Show members respect by operating as a professional football club and avoid sending out puff piece letters of meaningless statements that demonstrate the club holds no one accountable under the guise of a ‘rebuild’. Which is going absolute terribly.

What is Mark Neeld doing these days?

First I agreed with this thread. But now, Jesus Christ do we deserve a break. It’s been relentless what we’ve had to endure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back