North to play 4 games/year in Hobart - Not Relocating

Remove this Banner Ad

Afaic - its a vic problem - too many teams in one city. So it should be the vics that suffer the concequences - they can play north / hawthorn in antarctica.

Interstate teams shouldnt have to pay for vic fkkkups.

Must be WC's turn to come up to Ballarat, talking of Antartica. Don't bring the sunnies.

Looking at the GST carve up I'd say the WA money would be spent in the NT & SA. NSW would cover Qld & the ACT, whilst Vic would cover Tas. So the money paid to North & Hawthorn is just going back to Victoria anyway. ;)
and do you mind this as a Collingwood supporter with these two clubs being supporters of another state..?

I’d love to see Collingwood play there every year - id make the trip over for sure, would draw a big crowd in either Hobart or Launceston but would be keen for tassie game every year.

Can’t help but laugh at people complaining about weather conditions in a game played outside in winter.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawthorn don't have that problem. Fitzroy's situation was clearly different.

I stated quite clearly, that I could understand North Melbourne. But Hawthorn?

Were the Hawks looking to eliminate loss making home games, where non Vic clubs dont half full the stadium & make a loss on the game.
The Hawks have an excellent management team, one of the best admins in the national era.

I’d love to see Collingwood play there every year - id make the trip over for sure, would draw a big crowd in either Hobart or Launceston but would be keen for tassie game every year.

Can’t help but laugh at people complaining about weather conditions in a game played outside in winter.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Happy for us to go there if there was a genuine Tasmanian side but not to play parasite clubs who whore themselves out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely there are better ways for these poor clubs to make money than indirectly forcing WCE to play games at venues where finals will never be held.

Why should it be the problem of non-Victorian clubs that the futures of Hawthorn, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs aren't viable without moving elsewhere?

So if there was a Tasmanian team, the same thing would happen, but because the tassie team would play finals ther, it would be OK?
It effectively makes no difference to west coast. How do you handle the Gold Coast and western Sydney trips?

So if there was a Tasmanian team, the same thing would happen, but because the tassie team would play finals ther, it would be OK?
It effectively makes no difference to west coast. How do you handle the Gold Coast and western Sydney trips?
If there was a Tassie team West Coast would maybe get to play them once a year down there. Under the current set up it seems they play down there EVERY year. They are also being robbed of another game in Melbourne potentially at the MCG.

If there was a Tassie team West Coast would maybe get to play them once a year down there. Under the current set up it seems they play down there EVERY year. They are also being robbed of another game in Melbourne potentially at the MCG.

Oh dear.

They are also being robbed of another game in Melbourne potentially at the MCG.

Why would they be playing North Melbourne at the G?

I was talking more about Hawthorn.
West Coast should be playing them at the MCG rather than being pushed down to Tassie every year.
:cool:WC need a ground in Broome lr somewhere similar for these these occasions. . We can retaliate to being taken to Launceston by bringing them to our cheat ground at Manuka.

:cool:WC need a ground in Broome lr somewhere similar for these these occasions. . We can retaliate to being taken to Launceston by bringing them to our cheat ground at Manuka.

In the Friday night game? We’ve been in Tasmania for 19 years, play at a larger ground and haven’t been scheduled in a Friday night game in Tasmania yet (despite getting 5 Friday Night games next year, 4 away)

Funnily enough North have had many more prime time games in Hobart then Hawthorn in Launceston (despite York Park having the greater capacity and Hawthorn getting more prime time games compared to North)

The ACT Chief Minister (a Hawks fan) has been pushing for a Canberra Hawthorn game for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back