Autopsy North v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It as hard to watch, we looked slow our small backs are just terrible, I know we say this very week but Atley must go.

Will Walker looked lost, Hosie was OK but I don’t think he will make it when we have a team to chose from.

Thought Will Walker worked into the game about as well as you would expect for a guy who has missed two years of footy and had no second-tier comp to play in. He did some really nice things in H2 and just looks like a natural footballer to me. Get another 20 games into him and I think we have a real player.

Dwyane Derm Eddie commentating the next game, I'd have preferred them than the tripe we got.

No. Hate listening to Derm prattle on.

Mark whatever his name who isn’t an ex-player and sometimes does the T-20 is alright. Lynch is not as annoying as most.

That’s the best I can say about any of them.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Again, the past decade or perhaps since 2001, the so called shinboners spirit have paper over the cracks and now the cracks are the size of canyons. What is the shinboner spirit? The spirit never won us the games we have to win or is it to win a few late and leave things too late to have a few face saving wins that prop us up from 17th to 13th which means absolutely nothing. While we were laughing at Richmond and Brisbane languishing at the bottom, now look at them. Brisbane has been a basket case on and off the field and they are still doing alright after so many years. 2020 is a fantastic season in that everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong meaning we finally have the once in a generation opportunity to gut the club of the deadweight or irrelevant players and staffs to move forward. We need to be as lean as possible, smaller clubs have to be the most efficient. I am very happy that we have the most out of contract meaning we will be able to discard all the liabilities. If can trade Brown for 2 first rounder, whoopie ******* do, xmas comes early. Retire ziebell by 2021 and move past Cunnington. These are premiership moves, no more half assed measures. It's all or nothing and in a tall poppy nation like Aus, nothing means getting the best compensation, living the dream mate.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I’m not fussed about gameplay or tactics. Don’t even care about the result - didn’t get down when we fell behind by much less than we deserved, and didn’t get excited when we got back to within a few goals. Meh game in a meh season.

But. I watched Freo the other night and remembered how North looked under Shaw last year. I know we are undermanned but I don’t want to see some of the lack of grunt at the contest I saw quite a lot tonight.

Glad Hosie got a couple of goals, glad Maj had another decent game back, glad we picked up Josh Walker, and glad Bailey Scott picked us.

It as hard to watch, we looked slow our small backs are just terrible, I know we say this very week but Atley must go.

Will Walker looked lost, Hosie was OK but I don’t think he will make it when we have a team to chose from.

Will Walker had a very good in the second half. His run down of Selwood was magnificent. He’s a very good user of the ball too. Very good first-up effort after two years on the pine. I just wish we would attack more instead of holding it up and sloppily kicking it down the line. Polec and Atley were the biggest offenders, which is crazy because they are two players who can inject pace into the game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not fussed about gameplay or tactics. Don’t even care about the result - didn’t get down when we fell behind by much less than we deserved, and didn’t get excited when we got back to within a few goals. Meh game in a meh season.

But. I watched Freo the other night and remembered how North looked under Shaw last year. I know we are undermanned but I don’t want to see some of the lack of grunt at the contest I saw quite a lot tonight.

Glad Hosie got a couple of goals, glad Maj had another decent game back, glad we picked up Josh Walker, and glad Bailey Scott picked us.
How are you not fussed about our two biggest problems this year besides injuries?

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Disappointing loss overall but you can see the future.

McKay was solid and will learn a lot, Scott was in our top 5, Zurhaar had the Midas touch, Simpkin is elite. With LDU, Hayden, Larkey and Thomas in our best 22, there is promise on the horizon.

Geelong were experienced, stronger bodied and cleaner. It stood out all night. We'll be ahead of them in 2022.

Anyone know the real reason why we keep playing this up the line, stop start rubbish?

Ok.
We’re not skilled enough to pick passes through defences.
Not quick enough to run chains of handball through.

We’re a reasonable contested ball team. So we make contests and try not to let the game ‘open up’.

To minimise being opened up with turnovers on the way back if we don’t mark at half forward, we try and get a time for a defensive structure with slower movement.

Considering that, you have any other ideas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, the past decade or perhaps since 2001, the so called shinboners spirit have paper over the cracks and now the cracks are the size of canyons. What is the shinboner spirit? The spirit never won us the games we have to win or is it to win a few late and leave things too late to have a few face saving wins that prop us up from 17th to 13th which means absolutely nothing. While we were laughing at Richmond and Brisbane languishing at the bottom, now look at them. Brisbane has been a basket case on and off the field and they are still doing alright after so many years. 2020 is a fantastic season in that everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong meaning we finally have the once in a generation opportunity to gut the club of the deadweight or irrelevant players and staffs to move forward. We need to be as lean as possible, smaller clubs have to be the most efficient. I am very happy that we have the most out of contract meaning we will be able to discard all the liabilities. If can trade Brown for 2 first rounder, whoopie ******* do, xmas comes early. Retire ziebell by 2021 and move past Cunnington. These are premiership moves, no more half assed measures. It's all or nothing and in a tall poppy nation like Aus, nothing means getting the best compensation, living the dream mate.

<- Carlton Board is that way, perhaps that is where you would feel more comfortable

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When Polec got that goal to put us within 15pts and the tiniest of chances with 6 minutes to go I looked at my son and in unison we both said that Geelong will get it straight out of the centre and kick a quick reply....

The endeavour is there mostly but at the moment we have a lot of injuries, players playing injured or getting injured in games, dumb/unskilled footballers and young players learning the game in a poor side and strange environment. The quicker the season finishes the better.

May 24, 2011
Richmond
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought Will Walker worked into the game about as well as you would expect for a guy who has missed two years of footy and had no second-tier comp to play in. He did some really nice things in H2 and just looks like a natural footballer to me. Get another 20 games into him and I think we have a real player.
I hope your right because we need something

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Ok.
We’re not skilled enough to pick passes through defences.
Not quick enough to run chains of handball through.

We’re a reasonable contested ball team. So we make contests and try not to let the game ‘open up’.

To minimise being opened up with turnovers on the way back if we don’t mark at half forward, we try and get a time for a defensive structure with slower movement.

Considering that, you have any other ideas?

Such a defeatist, negative style.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Disappointing loss overall but you can see the future.

McKay was solid and will learn a lot, Scott was in our top 5, Zurhaar had the Midas touch, Simpkin is elite. With LDU, Hayden, Larkey and Thomas in our best 22, there is promise on the horizon.

Geelong were experienced, stronger bodied and cleaner. It stood out all night. We'll be ahead of them in 2022.
You forgot Curtis Taylor and I think Mahoney is showing signs and getting games in before he is really ready.

Back