Autopsy North v Cats

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
McKay is going to be a ripper after 50 odd games imo

Next time Howie is commentating our game, I'll keep a knitting needle close by to stab my ear drums repeatedly.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree.

But what blew up in his thread last year was my comment about seeing another swag of pre-season pics of how big he is...and then you see Tomma Sook throw him around like that and the commentators say McKay needs to get bigger.

Nothing to do with you, just venting here.

Well according to Gerard 'how about Geelong's depth' Healy, tonights win by Geelong was due to their incredible young players. So lets take a look at their top 10 ranked players on the ground shall we...

View attachment 928283

29. 22
27 (11 months) 26
28 25
30 32
21. 27
32 32
21 19
29 25
27 27
30 29

Oh...
Put our top 10 ages next to theirs.

Cats average age: 27.4

Norths average age 26.4

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Clearly StokerAce hasn’t been a member long enough to know what Gasometer is ‘eh ol galloping one

Shut up and buy me a 52nd birthday card for Saturday week because I am enduring the worst birthday month fricking in those 52 years.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Atley let Myers completely of the leash in Q1 and he kicked two goals. He had 8 kicks and I reckon at least 5 of them were rubbish. He never really locks down on an opponent and he doesn't do damage with either his pace or disposal going the other way. I would drop him for Haydon for the Melbourne game.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf

Norths average age 26.4

I think their average games played was 120-130 or something as well while ours was 90 something.

All things considered I don't think we were too bad, but * me turnovers continue to be a problem that plagues this team.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
So Atley let Myers completely of the leash in Q1 and he kicked two goals. He had 8 kicks and I reckon at least 5 of them were rubbish. He never really locks down on an opponent and he doesn't do damage with either his pace or disposal going the other way. I would drop him for Haydon for the Melbourne game.

Thought the same. There was a turn over where Atley wanted to kick back into the corridor at Half Back. He got annoyed because no one led there. He kicked it down the line over Jed's head and it came back for a goal. Atley is standing there with his hands on hips looking to half back like it was there fault. So over it.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone writing off Shaw after this season is a fool.

An inherited list.

An injury list that is off the charts.

A key forward that isn’t for a variety of reasons.

Massive disruption that the team as individuals have obviously not adjusted to.

So spare me the sack the young coach in the season from hell.

Go look at Adelaide if you want to see a club and team that are cooked.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I think their average games played was 120-130 or something as well while ours was 90 something.

All things considered I don't think we were too bad, but fu** me turnovers continue to be a problem that plagues this team.

It’s the type of turnover.

Unpressured, basic kicks missing the target by a large distance (Jed in Q1, Dumont in Q4 and all the s**t in between)

Poor decision making going into fifty.

Absolute killers.

flojo

All Australian
Jul 28, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
had to laugh when the commentary team took the aaron hall goal as an opportunity to say "gee north are sh*t, too bad this guy doesn't play for a different club he'd be better off"

In a better team he wouldn’t even get a game.
they can wank on all they want about that final quarter. But
1. Pressure was out of the game so whether it was a goal, point or OOB it didn’t really matter and
2. josh walker was free right in front of him in the pocket

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I liked WW, he is class and can use the next games to get some experience before exploding in 2021

Maj was good, needs to direct his taps a little better but ran the game out well.

Brown injured is bad, hope he gets better.

Scott continues to impress and I am now a convert

Bonar has great vision and ball handling, no idea what he is doing in the backline

Walker is a good option forward or back, but had struggles with the hands tonight

Overall, our midfield mix was vanilla and our disposal was crap so the forward line was pretty much not even needed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
It’s the type of turnover.

Unpressured, basic kicks missing the target by a large distance (Jed in Q1, Dumont in Q4 and all the sh*t in between)

Poor decision making going into fifty.

Absolute killers.

- Stoppage on the wing
- 3 north players, 2 opposition players go for the ball
- ball bounces out to the back where the spare opposition player is waiting
- they kick/handball into the middle where they have a runner or two streaming through
- easy entry into their forward 50

Rinse and repeat

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys

An inherited list.

I'm still really pleased with how shaw is going.

Taking risks, playing new guys, experimenting with positions. I'll be more critical next year, but for now, with our injuries, he's progressing.

An inherited list.

No one said sack the coach but you have to admitted there are very questionable strategies being applied.

Trying to think of a game that we lost that I couldn't care less about.

Playing Geelong at the Gabba in a twilight game on Wednesday when we're 3-6 in a 17 game season? I'd be happy if we'd won, but we didn't and I seriously couldn't care.
I’ve never been so “meh” about a loss!

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Norths average age 26.4
They were a bit older than us but nothing unusual - we have been plenty older than our opponents this year and have been flogged so age was not an issue tonight.

Guys like Atley, Pittard, JMac, Hall - we just need so much more from them but we are never going to get it now.

We have to look forward - turn this list over - and get plenty more good kids into this squad - its the only way forward from here.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought the same. There was a turn over where Atley wanted to kick back into the corridor at Half Back. He got annoyed because no one led there. He kicked it down the line over Jed's head and it came back for a goal. Atley is standing there with his hands on hips looking to half back like it was there fault. So over it.
Half the time he had the ball in hand before that kick, he was looking behind him. He didn't want to move that ball forward, movement or no movement. I was so ******* mad at that.

NinjaTurtle39

Debutant
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You know it's a bad season when you're happy with around 2 to 3 competent passages of play per game. Tonight we maybe had 2.

Last week was fun but a total anomaly. There's no flow in our game at the moment and I swear we give up the most intercept marks in the comp.

Happy with the kids though. JMac was also good which was nice.

Shaw: Geelong were really slick in and around the contest. The ball was coming in at a fast pace and putting our defenders under pressure.

Shaw: When we put in the hard yards and efforts, we were able to play the footy we want to to. When we let them off the leash, the punished us.

Shaw: It was tough to lose Browny early. He was very keen to get going. It put us on the back foot a little bit with our rotations.

Shaw: The guys fought back really hard and there were some pleasing efforts.

Shaw: I’m a competitive person, and I want to win. There were a number of guys who’ve played under 10 games going up against an experienced side, and those guys showed some good signs again.

Shaw: The nature of the fixture is that we will have to make a number of changes for the Melbourne game.

Back