Autopsy North v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Daw adds
So Atley let Myers completely of the leash in Q1 and he kicked two goals. He had 8 kicks and I reckon at least 5 of them were rubbish. He never really locks down on an opponent and he doesn't do damage with either his pace or disposal going the other way. I would drop him for Haydon for the Melbourne game.
100%. Also Hall needs to go. Looks like silk when there is no pressure, looks like s**t when the heat is on. Really pissed me off when he kicked that goal and then celebrated like we were up by 10 goals and he’d had 35 possies (and he really should have passed to Walker anyway).

I agree.

But what blew up in his thread last year was my comment about seeing another swag of pre-season pics of how big he is...and then you see Tomma Sook throw him around like that and the commentators say McKay needs to get bigger.

Nothing to do with you, just venting here.
I can't like Hawkins, but was happy to see him yacking with McKay after the game. Who knows what they were talking about but it will help young Ben feel more comfortable at that level. Not saying he's not, but it's easy to imagine Hawkins just burning him. Imo.

5-6 goals is a little flattering despite our trademark all-too-late flurry, would have been steal of the century if we'd won...felt more like a 10 goal game.

Geelong will be thereabouts i reckon and looked pretty damn slick at times, absolutely dominated us in the midfield, were so much cleaner out of half back and into their forward line.

Brown going down was probably in our favour as the few early contests he was in suggested he was in for a tough night against Taylor, Blicavs & Henderson who easily shifted him under the ball.

Down the line over and over again does my head in but this is the outcome of poor work rate to provide options further afield.

Happy we hung in there, JMac, LMac, BMac & Taz were great, Pittard & Atley awful. If Atley doesn't have speed he has very little else, and he looks yards slower to me this last month in particular. Also WTF is with his hospital handballs?

J Walker is Mr fix it, Brown's polar opposite in a stand-up contest. Maj was pretty good, again shows up Brown for what Ben doesn't do so well; provides a contest even when the kick or positioning isn't ideal.

Generally happy with our kids, still not sold on Bonar but I don't think half back is his go.

Mids looked flat, far too many fumbles and shanks, ruck taps went to their guys more than ours as we generally tap to the feet of our slower kids, get sucked into a scrum before they waltz it off through a series of handballs on the outside (2 exceptions when Daw was rucking).

Goldy had a mare but has loads of tickets, PolAK (tm Gerald Healy) some infuriating defensive efforts and dinky kicks, he needs to only ever be on a wing. EVER.

Could have been much worse so not overly cranky about it, bring on the godees.

Last edited:
Just back from the game & I love what Majak brings to the team. Imagine a full season with him.

Maybe it looked worse on the box because I thought we had a crack. Like most games I have watched this year there were long periods of dross from both teams, intense pressure at times & a few highlights.

At the games you see & hear our players at times being confused about positioning & ball movement so I figure it is a hard slog year of learning. At times we appear stagnant & it is frustrating to watch. The Carlton, Adelaide & this game were miles ahead of the games against the Tigers & *.

PROS
- Jy was epic for last 3 Quarters
- Great signs from some of the kids: Mahoney, Hosie, McKay, Walker, Scott
- Majak makes us far more versatile
- Luke continues to build
- First game back for WW
- Top 3 pick

CONS
- Predictable, down the line
- Poor skills
- Has a coach ever played as many players out of their natural positions as Rhys?

PROS
- Jy was epic for last 3 Quarters
- Great signs from some of the kids: Mahoney, Hosie, McKay, Walker, Scott
- Majak makes us far more versatile
- Luke continues to build
- First game back for WW
- Top 3 pick

CONS
- Predictable, down the line
- Poor skills
- Has a coach ever played as many players out of their natural positions as Rhys?
Agree with all that; the difference when the game was up for grabs in the 1st was their ability to play cleanly, at speed, under pressure, and we just don't have the players to match that intensity.

And as for Rhyce, my take is that he wants his team, in his image, and players who don't fit it (Polec being the most obvious) are going to be shown so. It's a tough school

We were ok but beaten by a more polished, mature side. We lost clearances and contested possession which is an absolute barometer for us so not surprised by the result. Not as upset as some of the other posters, losing Brown early meant we were forced to move Walker forward which no doubt messed up our structure.
I thought Jy was good, Bailey Scott excellent and Jed and Trent did their usual hard work.

Will worked his way into the game and no doubt will improve from the gallop. I thought Zurhaar was a bit flat and might be carrying an injury, wasn't quite sticking his tackles and his touch was a little off.

I am potentially overly optimistic but i think we will have a nice 2nd half the season with some competition for spots after we get some more cattle back.

great to see Maj back out there, swung the game back on our terms when he was moved into the ruck.

Agree with all that; the difference when the game was up for grabs in the 1st was their ability to play cleanly, at speed, under pressure, and we just don't have the players to match that intensity.

And as for Rhyce, my take is that he wants his team, in his image, and players who don't fit it (Polec being the most obvious) are going to be shown so. It's a tough school

If ‘his team in his image’ is slow, down the line, it’s not something I can get behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough night at the office,

Ben take a rest and get your head and body right

Polec, enjoy some more time as a spectator, your effort tonight was poor🤮

Hall, you need to play 4 quarters mate pretty bloody average

Maj, building nicely

Same old troopers that are solid and reliable , Taz, J Walker, Jye and Dumont.

Higgo and Jed make one player, Higgo with silly skills, but no defense, Jed average skills solid defense.

Hosie, good debut.
WW, you'll build, footy smarts that one.
BMac, well done your building.
Mahony, bit quiet, but to be expected in young kids
Bonar, ok game, but needs to keep his feet and build up some core strength, but he's got time.

Cam, in and out of the game, but did some good stuff. Would like to see him on a wing.

Atley, Christ, someone tattoo Kyron's saying on his forehead "when you gotta go you go" the only place he goes in defense is missing.

Shawry is trying to build a rolls Royce with a pair of tweezers, just wait till he gets real tools to work with.

Kids showed a bit again. Scott the pick of the bunch.

Jy, Tarrant, LMac, JWalker and Jed our best while Polec, Atley, Hall, Goldy, JMac and Pittard were below average.

Kids showed a bit again. Scott the pick of the bunch.

Jy, Tarrant, LMac, JWalker and Jed our best while Polec, Atley, Hall, Goldy, JMac and Pittard were below average.
Bloody hell forgot Scott, he's gonna be a ⭐ solid game from him tonight.

Almost without fail, every time Atley has a mark or a free kick, he waits until umpire calls play on and bombs up the line to at least a 3/4/5 on 1 or 2, always allowing opposition to set up for exactly what they know is coming.
Drives me bonkers...he's the fastest in the side.

Opposition players would fear the moment they had to mark Boomer because inevitably it would mean some hard running was about to occur. In Atley's case for them it must be relief.

Come on, Adelaide got beaten by a bottom 4 side by 69 points. We got done by 33 points by a likely finalist.

I’m not about the score line it’s the effort. Just wasn’t there. It was easy to turn up and not give 100% today. There’s lots of excuses not to. Short break, injuries etc. The hard thing to do would’ve been to give everything they had to win. That’s what champions do. I’m sick to death of being ok.

I hold our list to a higher standard then that. The score line flatted is. So many half arsed efforts. Terrible skills. Bombing it into the forward line. Bombing it long down the line from defence.

Shut up and buy me a 52nd birthday card for Saturday week because I am enduring the worst birthday month fricking in those 52 years.

Yeah, 51 a couple of weeks back and know what you mean mate. Erase the whole year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back