Autopsy North v Freo - Rd 6 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

At what stage does noble start becoming accountable and his role, job and position start to be questioned that results are not being produced?

At what stage is his honeymoon period over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good question. My 2 bobs worth would be he gets this year and next - in that time to see a gradual improvement in performance, which i think much would come anyway with the organic growth of the young players.

For what its worth, Im fair more optimisitic about the club this year than i was last year, and think the decision to rebuild was the right one. But that can only really be judged in the future, not 6 weeks in.

Geelong are fairly slow and that suited us two weeks ago at Shite Stadium. The expanses of Optus last night coupled with Freo's run was always going to find us out.

Walker, Taylor, JZ, Cunners, McKay, Campbell, Turner, Larkey, Zurhaar, Phillips, Powell, LDU, Mahoney aren't runners. Some may get there, others never will.

Snake's point about the Board actually rings true in this regard though. What's the authorising environment like? Do the people you mentioned get the final say or are they overruled by the sports science people? Who wears the blame, either publicly or privately, if whoever does get the final say gets it wrong?

It's allegedly a member driven club but the members don't have any transparency about any of this. We hear stories of blokes being called in to stop doing extras by the medicos, but then we equally hear stories about them getting flogged on the track by coaches who have experience elsewhere. I don't know what's what, and none of us do. All we know is we're not fit enough AND we are being crippled by injury.
Generally medical advice is final, forever being aware of future problems.
I was reading only yesterday about the Richmond player who has logged paper in the supreme court during Richmond fc club for compensation in regards to his injury treatment during his time there, they expect this to end up in the millions.
Now fare enough what happened to this guy was extreme to say the least, but there are still things that go on that are borderline brutal. Expect that this will be as being a problem in the future as head knocks. Clubs need to heed medical advice, and medical staff need not to cross any lines and err on the side of caution for this very reason.
This is no longer the old days where a shot in the injury and send them back out is accepted.
We live in a more fragile era.

Geelong are fairly slow and that suited us two weeks ago at sh*te Stadium. The expanses of Optus last night coupled with Freo's run was always going to find us out.

Walker, Taylor, JZ, Cunners, McKay, Campbell, Turner, Larkey, Zurhaar, Phillips, Powell, LDU, Mahoney aren't runners. Some may get there, others never will.

Big circle around Souva's name there.

He doesn't make it and we're pretty f***ed.

Cutting the head off like that, generally is appeasement.. I’m not sure that’s the best course of action here..
we need to put in place the right team. So regardless of one part being removed the rest of the club highly functions as normal.
Yep. two of the most successful teams of the past twenty years considered sacking the coach before deciding that wasn't the answer and taking a more comprehensive view of things. Both Bomber Thompson and Hardwick came very close to losing their jobs before winning multiple premierships.

There
The forward line is farked.

There is no system. Its obviously a coaching issue. Our forward line coach is struggling or useless.

I'd like to see Noble stick tacks in players boots, under their heels, cos we spend too much time not on our toes. It happens onfield and in all the training videos I've seen. All that lack of movement is a symptom of that flat footedness imo.
There's a lack of movement forward of the ball starting from the backline. This accounts for our high turnovers

The biggest autopsy from last night is our forward line , Garner and Xerri in reserves while we play with young midfielders in the forward line. Why have Larkey come up and mark when he should be deep full Forward while someone else takes Mark up the ground. And no genuine crumbling small forward kills us.

At what stage does noble start becoming accountable and his role, job and position start to be questioned that results are not being produced?

I would have thought that is a bit premature?

Coming in after we cut our list in half and with our injuries I think this year has to now be written off.

Realistically I would have thought he would have until the end of 2022 to start showing improvement.

If we keep chopping and changing coaches we will end up like Carlton and Richmond from the 90s.

We do what we are doing now. All teams try to stay afloat for as long as possible by topping up.
We tried to top up, we tried to recruit big name players and now we are rebuilding.
I agree but our problems are more than that imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll make it, am not concerned at all. A few others boy oh boy.

My main concern over development at the moment is that last year we had an injury list mile long and no VFL.

This year we just have the injury list.

It means we can't ease the pressure and send kids who need dev time back to the twos for a stint.

We're asking a lot of kids and some will get churned because of it.

Biggest positive out of the game (aside from the usuals, Powell, Stephenson, etc) was Zurhaar. His work rate was up massively over previous weeks. He made some abominable mistakes, far too many, but they were things we've seen him execute correctly before. The ability to get to every contest and influence the game was a big upgrade over his first few weeks, he's clearly been working on his tank and it'll pay dividends when he starts to get confidence back.

There

There's a lack of movement forward of the ball starting from the backline. This accounts for our high turnovers
Yep.

I'm getting sick of seeing guys running then jumping over still players who are waiting for the ball. Too many turnovers like that. Not even skill related.

2022 most likely

Maybe

Hmmm if we’re lucky

I can see improvement in Adelaide from last year and that seemed to happen quickly. Getting games into the younger players like Powell due to injuries is a real positive for me (would rather not have the injuries mind you).

The biggest autopsy from last night is our forward line , Garner and Xerri in reserves while we play with young midfielders in the forward line. Why have Larkey come up and mark when he should be deep full Forward while someone else takes Mark up the ground. And no genuine crumbling small forward kills us.

Garner will be delisted at years end no ifs or buts about it.

Why would you want to give plasticine hammies man a game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Come back in 12-18 months.

Ludicrous to even be posing the question 6 weeks in with an injury list a mile long.

I think he'll make it, am not concerned at all. A few others boy oh boy.
But he looks stoked by half way through the second quarter of every game. I can't believe he is AFL fit.

In fact, most of the north players look as bad as I must on the bloody ground - their opponents are flicking their hair back when running back to position after kicking a goal. Our blokes look like they are struggling for air and their hair is soaked from sweat - just from chasing tail.

I've been a supporter of his, but had a dig at him last night due to his fumbling.

Probably a bit harsh saying he should be dropped.

There is something there, but is it enough?

To me, he is almost a Hrovat clone in every aspect. Hrovat was solid, but we decided he wasn't good enough to lead us to the promised land. Which no one has disputed that call I've heard from.

If Josh is going to make it , he needs to bulk up and be a contested beast like Neale. That way, his skill and decision making won't be reliant on explosiveness out wide (he's not as slow as some make out).

He's Caleb Daniel in the forward half. An excellent decision maker and has very good skills - nerves and no doubt inexperienced meant he wasn't really able to showcase this in a game until yesterday.

If you're a forward you want him kicking it inside 50m.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back