Autopsy North v Freo - Rd 6 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

But he looks stoked by half way through the second quarter of every game. I can't believe he is AFL fit.

In fact, most of the north players look as bad as I must on the bloody ground - their opponents are flicking their hair back when running back to position after kicking a goal. Our blokes look like they are struggling for air and their hair is soaked from sweat - just from chasing tail.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one watching the game on Friday night when McCrae kicked a goal with his 39th disposal and ran back to the centre square looking fresh as a daisy thinking, "our players are nowhere near that fit".

Yep. two of the most successful teams of the past twenty years considered sacking the coach before deciding that wasn't the answer and taking a more comprehensive view of things. Both Bomber Thompson and Hardwick came very close to losing their jobs before winning multiple premierships.

Jeff Kennett tried to rissole Clarko AFTER he'd won a premiership.

Yep. two of the most successful teams of the past twenty years considered sacking the coach before deciding that wasn't the answer and taking a more comprehensive view of things. Both Bomber Thompson and Hardwick came very close to losing their jobs before winning multiple premierships.
Didn’t Hardwick get the gig because Richmond sacked Wallace?

At what stage does noble start becoming accountable and his role, job and position start to be questioned that results are not being produced?

At what stage is his honeymoon period over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After more than a third of a season is played I'd say.

Great tune. I remember seeing them live at The Metro and Tex had to sit on a stool because he had busted a knee falling down the stairs from the business class section of a plain when pissed. Total rock star injury for a guy who is just a rock star.
Was always worth the life risking trip to St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me last night continued to solidify the 2022 team and what we need in the off season. I think we are developing our best squad for about 20 years.

Backline: McKay, Corr, Bonar, Atu, LMac is the core of the backline which now has actual run. Add in Young and Perez and the mid term looks strong, particularly as we still have Taz for another 12 months. At the start of the year we didn’t have a small defender or a medium sized defender who can go tall and small. We now have both.

Midifield: Simpkin is an inside mid, joined by Anderson and Powell. I like Stephenson in there as well next year as our main outside player. Philips and LDU have a long way to go to be in my starting 18, but obviously should be pressing next year. Polec on the wing is the other and I expect Dumont to be in different colours.

Forwards: Larkey, Thomas, Zurhaar and Lazaro are locks for me with plenty of others like Taylor needing to take a step.

So 14 players not counting over 30’s Cunners and Taz I think have earned their spots.

We need a KP forward, small forward and developing ruck as priorities and we have Comben, Spicer and hopefully the mid season draft nets us the ruck.

For me last night continued to solidify the 2022 team and what we need in the off season. I think we are developing our best squad for about 20 years.

Backline: McKay, Corr, Bonar, Atu, LMac is the core of the backline which now has actual run. Add in Young and Perez and the mid term looks strong, particularly as we still have Taz for another 12 months. At the start of the year we didn’t have a small defender or a medium sized defender who can go tall and small. We now have both.

Midifield: Simpkin is an inside mid, joined by Anderson and Powell. I like Stephenson in there as well next year as our main outside player. Philips and LDU have a long way to go to be in my starting 18, but obviously should be pressing next year. Polec on the wing is the other and I expect Dumont to be in different colours.

Forwards: Larkey, Thomas, Zurhaar and Lazaro are locks for me with plenty of others like Taylor needing to take a step.

So 14 players not counting over 30’s Cunners and Taz I think have earned their spots.

We need a KP forward, small forward and developing ruck as priorities and we have Comben, Spicer and hopefully the mid season draft nets us the ruck.

I love your optimism but all your theories are subject to having them all available & injury free ?!
we all know our history the last few years injuries, depth & trying to keep the best 22 out there playing together constantly. Our S&C department has been useless up to now . So sorry I don’t share your optimism

If someone told me on June 14 last year after that win against GWS I would only see one more win up until now I would have had a very hard time working out how that could be possible.

Now that we’re here, if you haven’t resolved yourself to this rebuild, you are in for some hypertension issues my friends.

I was saving my bottle of 2004 Masseto for that next premiership but I think I will crack it when we get that next win instead.

We got it wrong 5 years ago. That much can't be argued. There was no commitment to rebuild. We made the fatal mistake of overrating our list and got all moist over a couple of competitive seasons. We're paying the price now. We should be in year 5, not week 6.

Now we've belatedly decided to rebuild, we need to cop the pain that is going to come with it and stop whining.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sticky pls mods.

Classic North player development on full show.
LDU going backwards each week.
Zurhaar lost the plot.
Bailey Scott axed.
Larkey struggling.
Turner gone backwards.

If Dumont is to leave under free agency, what sort of compo could we get?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cutting the head off like that, generally is appeasement.. I’m not sure that’s the best course of action here..
we need to put in place the right team. So regardless of one part being removed the rest of the club highly functions as normal.
He overseas it all though... That's why these positions pay so much, they're in charge of everything.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah but they all got here in the last shower. Its not something that turns around in a year. I think this goes back further. Blame Scotts? Maybe...

Personally I think you need to train your legs till they are f’ed. Then train more. No one recruits all their muscle fibres in a single contraction. It takes repeat efforts to turn them all on. Footy is an endurance sport requiring hours of repeat efforts not a highly tuned machine capable of olympic speeds once or twice before being worn out.
I'm afraid you're still living in the 90s when it comes to football training. We made that mistake a few years ago when we thought training km after km was the best idea. The problem was the game changed and the rest of the league were training High Intensity Interval Training. Repeat sprints. More and more with less recovery.

Different distances. 400m is the best imo because it's 200m of sprinting and the rest is pure gut running. 200m a close second.

It's also why we've moved on from the beep test. Now the yo-yo test.

Olympic speeds is what you want. Don't have that in the modern game and you're chasing tail metres behind.

Cousins was excellent at it. It's how he broke tough tags. I remember them highlighting it when Cross (bulldogs) lined up on him. Cross was a running machine but slow. Cousins a gut runner that was quicker. He'd take Cross to one end of the ground and take off on a sprint. Cross couldn't keep up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back