Game Day North v GWS (Cunners 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunno mate. The intensity is one thing, but our execution still stands out like a sore thumb and the Giants are generally a very efficient footy team. All the intensity in the world won't matter if we don't nail our chances.

I expect the Giants to win based purely on the difference in class, but I am expecting a very spirited effort from our boys.
If we play like we did against the tigers, the game will be over at half time and the giants will be wondering what happened.
The tigers were scared to pick up the ball by the end of that game and they’re a lot harder at it then the giants.

If we play like we did against the tigers, the game will be over at half time and the giants will be wondering what happened.
The tigers were scared to pick up the ball by the end of that game and they’re a lot harder then the giants.

They have some tough nuts themselves, and big Mumford is there to blunt our grunt in the centre square.

Got a feeling it's gonna be a close one down in Hobart.

Will you guys tag any of Kelly or Coniglio? I imagine it would be one of those two instead of Taranto, although all 3 are in form.

This game is the true test of where we are at. Bring the physicality and pressure and their slick ball carriers will wilt. Sit Mumford and josh Kelly on their arses early for my personal satisfaction and make their defence accountable. No easy ball out of our forward line! Should be a ripper and I’m backing our boys for a bruising 3 goal win.

I want to see every single player hunting, pressure and tackling across all quarters. That alone brings score board pressure as well

Shaw is a defensive coach. Let’s see it!

Still think we will win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a big day for Jy and LDU.
Jed is already good enogh.

Today is an opportunity for Jed to dominate the game in the absence of Higgo. He has the leg speed and the class by foot as well as the presence around the contest. He is already a veryt good mid today is an opportunity to stamp his authority on the comp if he is good enough.

But you are right. Its a big day for them as well. They can both take up some of the slack left by Higgo's absence.

Today is one of those games. If these guys are good enough they can announce it to the world today. Think back 26 years. There is a chance to take the club down a similar path here.

Anyone know is there is a strong wind heading to right of screen as there usually is? Usually works in our favour

You can understand why Garner was selected over Ahern. Yes Ahern has the edge in class and x-factor but Garner attacks the contest way harder, and himself has a bit of skill and game breaking ability.

This is going to be a far bigger task than any of the Bulldogs, Gold Coast and a injury raved Richmond. We are going to have to notch up another level or 2 if we are any chance of winning.

The composure to take the ball with one hand, navigate two tacklers, then triangulate that handball whilst moving laterally in the opposite direction, and all in the space of 4 seconds, is the epitome of elite.

It's as good as anything I have seen Cable, Williams or Farmer execute.

On his left, too.

Haynes is a big out for them. Underrated player. Rebound and 1% machine.

Of course Greene is a big in, but at the other end of the ground.

Who have GWS beaten in the last five weeks? GC, Melbourne, Carlton. Big deal.

They're coming off a loss, we're coming off three wins.

We should be favourites and I expect that in a few hours people will be asking serious questions about Leon Cameron once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back