Autopsy North V GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

i dare say the reason he was passed on in the rookie drafts by other teams was purely down to the uncertainty of his *cough cough* legal case.. otherwise i am sure he'd be at another club by now. Fast forward to this year and as a hypothetical if he was de-listed i would be very confident a club would take him at pick 1 in the rookie draft. Nevertheless, i think all North fans want to see him succeed- hopefully for us.

Well, yeah, of course that's why he was passed on. He owes us. We could have passed too. I think Maj has been treated very well by North and I reckon he wouldn't say otherwise. He's also started to string some games together and he knows that his spot in the seniors is purely down to him now, Petrie gone and potentially Waite if his last surgery doesn't hold is all the indication he needs of where he stands. Same goes for Durdin who would also want to start forcing his way in.

In my view they have stuffed the comp up big time. One of my main reason that i don't love the afl as i once did.
Its all about the $$$.
Yeah and last night at the end of the game all the three stooges plus one could talk about was how great it's going to be to see both Sydney teams will play each other I hope they beat the living s**t out of each other

Our ball movement is atrocious.

With ball in hand in the back half, our switches are slow and lateral rather than advancing. If you emulate that on a basketball court you'll see how woeful it is.

The other thing is our ball handing and spread from a stoppage. We just lack class in the engine room. Swallow should be moved on, Cunnington needs a kick up the clacker, Ziebell needs to spend more time forward, Wells goes missing far too often, etc.

And the lack of gut running. To me that is a sign the guys are simply not switched on.

Agree. At the end of the year. They need to have a good look at our midfield, and how it is set up.

Are we the slowest team in the comp?

If we aren't we are certainly doing a great job of putting our hand up for it.

Gold Coast were also gifted a dynasty but that isn't going to happen is it?

Marked differences in talent mean funk all if you don't use it

Well done to GWS because they were the better team on the night.
What a load of s**t. If you get handed that much talent it is expected you become a good side. If not you have f***ed up like the GC. I amnnot going to sit here and congratulate them for managing their entire list of first round draft picks well. It would be like congratulating a multi-millionaire on the construction of a million dollar mansion.

What a load of s**t. If you get handed that much talent it is expected you become a good side. If not you have f***ed up like the GC. I amnnot going to sit here and congratulate them for managing their entire list of first round draft picks well. It would be like congratulating a multi-millionaire on the construction of a million dollar mansion.

Did you hear that Ch7 commentator quip (was it BT or Ling) stating that there were 3 first rounders sent to the bench for a rest, and they were replaced by 3 first rounders coming off the bench.

100%.

North have made mistakes, as have other teams but when I see PA, Richmond, us struggling all I see is a dearth of decent picks right when we were building all handed over to 2 new teams. Brad and the match committee have done my head in at times (particularly around selection) but they have literally had nothing to work with when they should have been able to add polish to our core in 2011-12. Waste of half a decade for us and I don't think it had to be.

Commentators wanking over how great a team GWS have put together... please.

Did you hear that Ch7 commentator quip (was it BT or Ling) stating that there were 3 first rounders sent to the bench for a rest, and they were replaced by 3 first rounders coming off the bench.

We are lucky to have 6 first rounders (genuine as in first 18 picks) in our whole team. Ziebell, Cunnington, Wells, Hansen... I'm struggling now.

BT called a not so flash effort by some Hawk player a Dal Santo moment. Still sticking in the boots regarding crowd last night and how we've only debuted two players and the Hawks seven. This all while the game is going, not during a break.

Doesn't have the wheels to keep up with anyone, so would be tagging empty space.
In the first quarter, about two minutes in, Shiel had already burnt Andrew on the spread and it lead to the breakdown of our whole zone.
We were no match for their midfield and they rightfully kicked away in the second half.

Last edited:
I think it was more along the lines of three top 10 draft picks off and three top 10 draft picks on..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was more along the lines of three top 10 draft picks off and three top 10 draft picks on..
It was.

I mentioned it in the GD thread at the time.

Tossers the lot of em.

We clearly tanked the game. Waite in for Petrie, Higgins & McDonald better for the run and the meat grinder turned up to 10 next week and we beat Crows/Eagles. Have faith people, it's a cunning plan.

I think we can finally put the "meat grinder" myth to bed. We have no meat grinder. All teams have tough, contested players like we do but the difference is that most of them can spread from a contest and use the ball effectively.

Cant beleive Daw wasnt paid a mark for that great hanger.
I Thought arm chopping was against the rules?

Based on past Marks of the Year which were paid he most definitely should've been paid the mark, let alone the free. Think of the Ablett and Silvagni MotY's fom the past where they barely had the pill under control at all, let alone all the way o the ground.

Thought he was too but felt a bit of a stretch to include guys that we'd traded for at the age of 30.
The molestation of the draft by GWS is comparable to no other team, not even Gold Coast.

Everyone flag they win is meaningless. It just makes a joke of the competition to be honest.

The whole concept of that team makes me sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back