Autopsy North V GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

BS had zero mojo in that presser. Sat like a dead man talking.

If the club don't take a serious review of things, I will need to take a review one of my situation and see if I think membership is worth it. In a world where things are tight how can the club expect people's to chip in their hard earned cash when they accept mediocrity.

(PS - like a sucker I'll still sign up of course)

I reckon we are one of the few sides who do not shepherd the man on the mark to provide space to run into, because basically, our modus operandi is to either (a) take a 1/4 step off the mark immediately, and get called to play on, (b) stand still, searching for a (non-existent) viable option until called to play on, or (c) attempt to play on quickly and either kick into the man on the mark, get tackled and concede a free kick, or rush a loopy handball to an unsuspecting team mate, who is immediately tackled and penalised for holding the ball/incorrect disposal. This tactic requires a lot of unrewarded running to be really successful, and that is not in our game plan at all.

Strangest game I've ever been at in my life. It was like a wake except that one of the teams had a spot in the top 4 up for grabs and the other team had absolutely nothing to play for. I was happy to see McDonald and Higgins get through apparently unscathed. Unbelievable that JMac got injured early - our year in a nutshell - against a young running team! I thought when Majak kicked his long set shot that he had sorted his kicking out. Then, he goes and spoons his next easier shot. Very disappointing. Contrary to general opinion around here, I thought Hansen was one of our better guys. Mullett and Spud were good too. Anderson continues to disappoint bigtime. Wells showed flashes. Ziebell's heart wasn't in it. He was directly responsible for two goals due to not going in with his usual hardness. Cunnington was up and down too. Atley OK. Dal ditto. Tarrant like Rance. BBB unlucky not to get 5. Petrie putrid, he played like a very sad person. Swallow tried in vain. I give us a 5% chance against Adelaide because we seem to be so flat. I'm hanging on to the thread that if we can just fire up for the finals, we are capable. I just can't see us getting up for the game, though, which is sad.

The strangest game of footy ive ever been to. Whether you think the midweek call was right or wrong what is has done is rip the spirit from sections of the supporter base. 50% of the people in aisle 17 level 1 booing Scott at Qtr and 3 qtr time, i found real strange ecspecially after Petrie's presser the day before. Hopefully it was the emotion of the week and the players and supporters can move past it now, bigger fish to fry in a fortnight.

I hold on to a tiny bit of hope of winning a final, but based on tonight we'd be lucky to get within 10 goals in Adelaide.

The entire club needs to be held responsible for the mess tonight. Players standing around after the game had no idea how to feel, zero confidence at the moment.
It's only going to get worse.

Can you imagine what the players are going to be thinking when a 29 year old Chris Mayne rocks up to preseason training?

Just another ******* list clogger taking a spot in the 22.

Weren't we being sold some story this week that players were being moved on to get games into the kids.

Next minute we bring in a 29 year old potato.

It's a ******* circus at Arden Street at the moment, with Bozo and Dumbo leading the way.

The entire club needs to be held responsible for the mess tonight. Players standing around after the game had no idea how to feel, zero confidence at the moment.

Yeah, just a real strange feeling out there tonight. Players like Ziebs who never think twice about going in hard, were very reluctant too tonight. Again hope it was the emotion of the week and we can get passed it, but if its something deeper and these players arent too pleased with the events of the past week then this could linger for quite a while even into next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The strangest game of footy ive ever been to. Whether you think the midweek call was right or wrong what is has done is rip the spirit from sections of the supporter base. 50% of the people in aisle 17 level 1 booing Scott at Qtr and 3 qtr time, i found real strange ecspecially after Petrie's presser the day before. Hopefully it was the emotion of the week and the players and supporters can move past it now, bigger fish to fry in a fortnight.

I hold on to a tiny bit of hope of winning a final, but based on tonight we'd be lucky to get within 10 goals in Adelaide.
Based on tonight he got off light.

If he came down the stairs at the end of the game I think you would have found he would have got a real spray from the members.

So it looks like it's all going to end in tears in Adelaide, exactly like it ended there for Archer! Fingers crossed it doesn't.
Man, all we need is a blindfold after tonight.

I'm (stupidly) hoping for a small miracle that we acquit ourselves well.

Bottom line is we don't kick enough goals. Our games have actually become so boring to watch now. A few years ago we were the best team to watch.

I actually prefer us for this final series to go back to our 2013, kamikaze up the middle game plan. We could get thrashed, but at least it will give us a shot, a gamble, of winning against these top 8 sides. We may leak more goals, but we're not winning anyway (and we sure as hell won't win kicking 60 points a game). We have nothing to lose.
Bottom line is if we're going to bow out of finals. I prefer us lose 135-122 (play fast exciting footy and have something to look forward to next season) than going out on a stagnate 80-45 performance.

Man, all we need is a blindfold after tonight.

I'm (stupidly) hoping for a small miracle that we acquit ourselves well.
All that's left is blind faith, I'm afraid, Grogg. Our great Messiah W80 will come from the clouds and lead us to Narnia. Although, there's probably, as much chance of Narni coming from the Bombers and rescuing us!

Will have a go...

• handball to stationary team mate, if non available hand ball to unspecting team mate who's about to get cleaned up.
  • F$%k around with the ball as much as possible
  • when kicking into the forward line try and kick over team mates head
  • All midfielders to get sucked into the contest and leave only opposition players on the outside
  • point and gesticulate when opponents mark unoppossed in their forward line
  • when opp team bombs long to goal square allow only opp players behind the ball for easy goals.
  • when running with the ball and team mate leads drop the pass about 2 meters short
  • coaches box- when indoubt play all the old campaigners.

Thanks Brad :thumbsu:

The overwhelming feeling for me was that our game plan / playing style doesn't seem to suit our strengths. And the people responsible for it have sacked the one guy who is able to effectively work within it.

I have never been this bitter. After the Swans game I was pumped for another September featuring North. Flat as a tack now, and it was made worse by the patheticness of tonight.

Well in a weird way dropping drew dal and spud for next week would actually validate making the cull announcement when we did o_O

Well....I just feel ******* empty inside we were listless

Right.

If Brad had done his job and picked the side on merit it would have meant dropping Boomer a while back but that didn't happen.

He's not gonna drop Drew for finals, believing anything other than this is folly.
What? Boomer shouldn't be in the side based on merit. Put the second bottle of 90% strength alcohol away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back