Autopsy North v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet had a game plan.

Outside complete defense can someone tell me outside the "run and gun" under Brad that any of plan they understand?

It's a joke *ing every year.

Noble has some work to do

The game plan is to bring it back through the middle at all costs. Unfortunately, our players are not skilled enough to execute the plan yet.

Opposition teams already know this and will tear us new ones quite often this year from the turnovers.

The Dilemma is do you stick to it for a couple seasons until games are pumped into the young ones and the skills improve, or will the big losses totally sap the playing group of all confidence.

I’m not looking forward to the season other than to see the growth of our talented youth.

Hopefully, the club stays the course and pressure doesn’t fall onto Nobles shoulders while we go through a painful rebuild.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The game plan is to bring it back through the middle at all costs. Unfortunately, our players are not skilled enough to execute the plan yet.

Opposition teams already know this and will tear us new ones quite often this year from the turnovers.

The Dilemma is do you stick to it for a couple seasons until games are pumped into the young ones and the skills improve, or will the big losses totally sap the playing group of all confidence.

I’m not looking forward to the season other than to see the growth of our talented youth.

Hopefully, the club stays the course and pressure doesn’t fall onto Nobles shoulders while we go through a painful rebuild.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it a skill thing or a fitness thing? The kids are pretty skilled

View attachment 1071799

Anywho...

Well that sucked the big ones, absolute tripe. The Hawks are bottom four bound and they poleaxed us.

Our movement of the ball into the forward line was abysmal, our backline non existent. our midfield did ok which was a positive. We seemed off the pace and did not generate nearly as much run as I would have liked.

nothing much to be positive about and on today's showing. I'm looking through the fixture for a win. Tarrant, Cunners, Polec, Anderson & Perez will make a massive difference of course. Although Tarrant and Cunners both lack a yard, so I can't see us playing Tarrant, Walker, McKay, Goldy, JZ, Tyson and Cunners in the same side ever.

I'm nowhere near as bullish on Tyson and Walker as some seem to be. Both will be found severely wanting against opposition that isn't bottom four. And just to add salt to an already festering wound, Jacob Koschitzke kicked six goals and it's his first pre season as a forward. Hasn't played an AFL game as yet. Lordy me , this is as bad as it gets.

Well until Port Adelaide gut us like a fish rd 1. But this is pain we've put off for years and if incompetence won you flags we'd have been unbackable favorites every single ******* year for a very long time.

Onwards and upwards and fwiw , I wouldn't be looking at the win/loss column in season 2021. I'll be focusing elsewhere.
Time of post, 4.39am.

Might explain it.

I'm nowhere near as bullish on Tyson and Walker as some seem to be.
I don’t think it’s “bullish” so much as just acknowledging that a couple of fringe players have worked hard to put their hands up. You could forgive Tyson if he went through the motions tbh, but he’s had a crack and could be useful.

The whole reason the man on the Mark rule was brought in was to make it easier to bring the ball back into the corridor so I hope we stick with it.

Same.

I don't care on errors atm so long as we have a clear plan in place.

That's why I don't understand why players (like Hayden) are getting hammered when only following instructions.

I don’t think it’s “bullish” so much as just acknowledging that a couple of fringe players have worked hard to put their hands up. You could forgive Tyson if he went through the motions tbh, but he’s had a crack and could be useful.

He’ll at least make sure none of the kids are gifted games. Be interesting to see what happens when Jed and Cunners are fit.

From my perspective, yesterday, disappointing as it probably was to most here, it turned out to be what I expected from a team that finished 17th last year, had a massive turnover of players in the off season and is clearly now in a rebuilding phase. Prior to yesterday my view was that we are a bottom three side, maybe even the spoon is on the near horizon, but not all doom and gloom.

Firstly we were without Taz, Froggy, Cunners, Jed and Polec. All in our top 10 players. The Hawks were missing Mitchell, O'Meara, Gunston and Breust. All in their top 10 players. (Someone suggested that Mitchell Lewis was a big miss for the Hawks, but not yet in my view) Irrespective, we were probably a little worse off talent/experience wise.

But I was pleased with everyone of our inclusions. In alphabetic order all of AB (or should he be known as the "The Skipper" because his name is too hard to pronounce), Corr, Lazzaro, Phillips, Powell, Spicer, Stephenson and Young did some useful/good things during their varying times on the ground. Powell and Stepho probably the best of those. It was a very different side yesterday that ran out and it does take time to gel. No doubt the Hawks are entitled to say the same of course, however some of their inclusions performed exceptionally well.

People have criticised Ziebs for his performance, but I'm not too fussed about his first up performance off half back. He had more possessions than he has had in a game for a long time and I think this could become a very smart move as he learns to play an entirely different game to what he has been used to.

Dom Tyson and Josh Walker were very good in their roles. LDU showed he is not far off being a cut or too above the rest. Good to see Sugar and Curtis back on the field after long absences. Tom Campbell was quite good in the short time he was on the ground, though hard to see him getting many games.

On the negative side, Goldy had one of his worst games in a long time, while Zurhaar does not seem to have kicked on from 2019, when on occasions he threatened to turn on some big performances.

Our disposal was very wayward as well, which made it much easier for the Hawks to counter attack on turnover. Lets hope that is an area we work hard on.

In the coaching box we have Blakey, Roos and Gavin Brown supporting Noble. Some shrewd heads in that lot, who will, I hope, help us to learn and develop.

Hard and all as it will be to watch, 3-5 wins this year is my expectation, but next year we might start to take some steps.
Good post mate. Well thought out and very reasonable points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Walker awesome and thought so last year and I hope he keeps playing wins a Premiership medal with us
Yep, strong, uses his body well, reads up ground well and holds his feet. Converts well too. Leave him there

Likewise with Walker. I did not think he was capable of being a real threat up forward, but he showed quite a bit yesterday to suggest that he be a good makeshift second KPF, while we wait on Xerri.

Hate to be negative but Lachie Young been horrible so far.

Not writing off etc.

Simply can't play round 1 surely.

Yeah for some reason completely wiped 2007. I was though looking back, thinking we were a sniff at 3 qtr time against the cats and Port. Well I mean if someone said we'd either win both from 3 qtr time or the JunkYard Dog would be happiest in a skirt. I'd have put a sh*t tonne of money on us winning from the unwinnable position.

View attachment 1071833

View attachment 1071835

It could be argued that we were a couple of umpiring decisions short of the 2015 GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hate to be negative but Lachie Young been horrible so far.

Not writing off etc.

Simply can't play round 1 surely.

On what I saw yesterday, I wouldn’t have Young in the team round 1.

Outside of that, and as a few people have pointed out, we’re too top heavy down back. Atley can’t be our only small player with wheels in the back 6.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

🤣 I saw the whole debacle live. Interesting that, while I’m adopting a more sanguine attitude as time passes since the game, others appear to be getting more upset with every passing minute.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Upset cos it appears we are a 90pt worse side than the saints and hawks have better kids than us
All I wanted to see was hope for the future. I’ve seen very little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back