Autopsy North v Hawthorn post match thread. - Rd 3, 2019

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So did I. Once they gone 4 goals up I left.

You just know that we aren't (currently) coming back from that.

Docklands could be empty by three quarter time on Saturday night.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
You just know that we aren't (currently) coming back from that.

Docklands could be empty by three quarter time on Saturday night.
Docklands could also be empty first bounce on Saturday night judging by the general mood around town

In all seriousness our first prime time game for 2019, school holidays so people likely to be away and huge amount of discontent around our poor performance thus far, could be an embarrassing outcome. Club should be worried.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Docklands could also be empty first bounce on Saturday night judging by the general mood around town

In all seriousness our first prime time game for 2019, school holidays so people likely to be away and huge amount of discontent around our poor performance thus far, could be an embarrassing outcome. Club should be worried.

The kid has pulled out of the match again, so it's starting to look like $500 wasted bucks for me, and the loss of a prospective member for the club.

I'm pretty sure I won't bother to go again either. I'm just about done with it until (?) serious change comes along.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

How long will the AFL sit quietly whilst the media keeps banging away from another inept spectacle? We could lose Good Friday this year.

However, none of this matters..........because..........."there's bigger things than football".

We could end up going to the wall, but we'll have a s**t load of community awards and a swathe of people that will move in to the "community" oriented sectors who got their starts because of a primary focus of the NMFC. The NMFC may die, but society will be the big winner.:):rainbow::fourleaf::whale::cocktail::heart::star:

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
The kid has pulled out of the match again, so it's starting to look like $500 wasted bucks for me, and the loss of a prospective member for the club.

I'm pretty sure I won't bother to go again either. I'm just about done with it until (?) serious change comes along.
Yep we've got the family membership, don't get to go much due to kids weekend sporting commitments but still like to do the right thing and pay up. This game is the first this season we could probably get to - however were invited to friends for dinner and the kids preference was that over going to the game. I'm normally fanatical about at least watching the game live (if we can't go); however this week I'm happy to not do either.

What pisses me off is the club is very quick to debit your credit card every year (without your authorization) and for that we get a cap, some stickers, and a weekly serving of BS from Brad and the NMFC.

An even bigger worry is the fact that if we dish up the same crap against the Crows this week we'll be relying on * supporters to turn up in numbers to have a decent sized crowd on Good Friday. Basically, the ongoing viability of the fixture from our perspective is in the hands of those campaigners.

I dunno, I reckon you have to be better than that. The club isn't going very well and I might not agree with all the selection issues but I will be there. I love the club and would be shattered if it died in my lifetime. I'm not in a financial position to make a massive difference but I will buy my membership and turn up match day whenever it's possible and I will stay to the end of the game and hate every minute of a loss as it makes it that much sweeter when you can rub it in to the bastards leaving early when we win.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not the way I remember 2016. Petrie was cooked for most of the year and Daw - while not smashing it - was doing fine from very limited opportunities. End of the year Petrie is gone and we sign Daw on a long term deal with little idea how he would perform. In fact, given we moved him back we had no idea where we would play him. We should have been in a position to make an educated decision at the end of 2016 rather than a hopeful one. We just won't push established players out of the team during a season without massive and exceptional circumstances.

Reckon it was round 8 or 9 against * Daw did ok and was dropped and 33 year old Petrie who had done less remained. The alarm bells were ringing for sure. Oh and well said.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Reckon it was round 8 or 9 against * Daw did ok and was dropped and 33 year old Petrie who had done less remained. The alarm bells were ringing for sure. Oh and well said.

Ah the 2016 * game.

Classic Brad North - blistering 1st half and just fall in by the final siren. Would've lost to an AFL grade list.

Rather than bemoan the loss of focus Brad bristled at questioning and threw out excuses.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Ah the 2016 * game.

Classic Brad North - blistering 1st half and just fall in by the final siren. Would've lost to an AFL grade list.

Rather than bemoan the loss of focus Brad bristled at questioning and threw out excuses.

Was that the game where we held them goalless in the first half?

Was that the game where we held them goalless in the first half?

Yeah their lowest half time score for a hundred years or something and we led by 50. With 10 minutes to go in the game it actually looked like we could lose but managed to hang on. Their supporters left the ground jubilant and acting like they won and we left the ground feeling like they did! Bizarre

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah their lowest half time score for a hundred years or something and we led by 50. With 10 minutes to go in the game it actually looked like we could lose but managed to hang on. Their supporters left the ground jubilant and acting like they won and we left the ground feeling like they did! Bizarre

Don’t think I’ve ever felt flatter after a win.

May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match. In case you missed one of these posts from the 2nd half of last season, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of the 5 mids at centre bounces.

Overall Summary - 27 Bounces

Dumont 24 (22w, 2i)
Cunnington 22 (1w)
Polec 21 (20w, 1i)
Higgins 18 (1w)
Tyson 14
Ziebell 12
Hall 9 (5i, 4w)
LDU 7
Scott 4 wing
Simpkin 4 (2w, 2i)

Rucks:

Goldstein 23
Campbell 4

1st Half - 13

Dumont 12 (11w, 1i)
Cunnington 11 (1w)
Polec 9 wing
Higgins 9 (1w)
Tyson 8
Ziebell 5
Hall 5
Scott 3 wing
LDU 2
Simpkin 1 wing

Goldstein 9
Campbell 4

Final Term - 9

Polec 8 (7w, 1i)
Dumont 7 (6w, 1i)
Cunnington 7
Higgins 6
Ziebell 5
Hall 4 wing
LDU 3
Tyson 2
Simpkin 2
Scott 1 wing

Goldstein 9

Notes:
LDU started at the game's opening 2 bounces, then didn't appear again until Q3

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
How we allowed him through...

Great stuff.

0:00 Goldstein wins tap

0:01 Ziebell takes possession

0:02 Ziebell kicks into O’Meara

0:03 O’Meara takes possession with Dumont, LDU, Hall in vicinity

0:04 Dumont attempts to tackle O’Meara and is shrugged off; LDU, Hall stop and watch contest

0:05 Ziebell attempts some sort of hybrid handball smother / corral on O’Meara; O’Meara easily evades

0:06 LDU next to O’Meara, O’Meara kicks no tackle attempted, failed smother; Goldstein in direction of O’Meara kick, failed smother

No shepherds applied by Hawthorn players so after winning the tap and 1st possession we gave O’Meara the ball then 3-4 North players allowed him a clean centre clearing kick.

Great stuff.

0:04 Dumont attempts to tackle O’Meara and is shrugged off; LDU, Hall stop and watch contest

0:05 Ziebell attempts some sort of hybrid handball smother / corral on O’Meara; O’Meara easily evades

0:06 LDU next to O’Meara, O’Meara kicks no tackle attempted, failed smother; Goldstein in direction of O’Meara kick, failed smother

No shepherds applied by Hawthorn players so after winning the tap and 1st possession we gave O’Meara the ball then 3-4 North players allowed him a clean centre clearing kick.

Apparently - and I can't stress this enough - these issues are entirely and completely due to the fact that Ben Jacobs has sinus issues and Jed Anderson tweaked a hamstring. They have nothing at all to do with the players on the field, the setups at stoppages or any other factors within our control as a team. Also, as per club legend Glenn Archer, these would be less likely to occur if people got along to games and cheered more.

Great stuff.

For mine, none of these pathetic efforts was as poor as Thompson's effort in the subsequent contest.

Back