Autopsy North v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone saying how s**t this game was.

I don’t get it? Or maybe I do.

I’m convinced that 80% of the commentariat would actually choose NBA over footy as their spectacle of choice.

Everyone saying how sh*t this game was.

I don’t get it? Or maybe I do.

I’m convinced that 80% of the commentariat would actually choose NBA over footy as their spectacle of choice.

Yeah, ours wasn’t ‘unwatchable’ as the spectacled one declared.

Just full of morons basically.

Please forgive my contrarian view on Zorko. He has not been a faultless human being as captain, doing a few things on the field that he would want to forget (and receive forgiveness from the wider football public) but one thing that he has never lack is an appetite for the contest. When we were crap and he was playing in the forward pocket, he would lead the league in tackles, smoothers, and pressure acts generally for forwards. It explains why he is loved in Brissie circles (not as much as Robbo) but not respected by the general football public.

He has won BBs on effort.

The tackle incident he was hit high by a bigger player. I thought at the time he should have received a free and the incident was close to be reportable. Three inches higher and it would have been. You may like to know Zorko has a chronic injury and is playing with some discomfort. He can no longer be such a terrier.

The real weak act by a Brissie player was when Zurhad ran through Hipwood. A forward pocket ran through a six foot ten centre half forward like a hot knife through soft butter. Being a supporter of both sides (I have been a member of both club's cheer squads in the same year) I think that a general, but understandable dislike of Zorko has lead this thread, rather than see the real promise of Zurhad.

One of you tech savy people should be able to put up the video of the Hipwood incident and you will see what I mean. Carey would have put Zurhad in to next month, not next week.

Please forgive my contrarian view on Zorko. He has not been a faultless human being as captain, doing a few things on the field that he would want to forget (and receive forgiveness from the wider football public) but one thing that he has never lack is an appetite for the contest. When we were crap and he was playing in the forward pocket, he would lead the league in tackles, smoothers, and pressure acts generally for forwards. It explains why he is loved in Brissie circles (not as much as Robbo) but not respected by the general football public.

He has won BBs on effort.

The tackle incident he was hit high by a bigger player. I thought at the time he should have received a free and the incident was close to be reportable. Three inches higher and it would have been. You may like to know Zorko has a chronic injury and is playing with some discomfort. He can no longer be such a terrier.

The real weak act by a Brissie player was when Zurhad ran through Hipwood. A forward pocket ran through a six foot ten centre half forward like a hot knife through soft butter. Being a supporter of both sides (I have been a member of both club's cheer squads in the same year) I think that a general, but understandable dislike of Zorko has lead this thread, rather than see the real promise of Zurhad.

One of you tech savy people should be able to put up the video of the Hipwood incident and you will see what I mean. Carey would have put Zurhad in to next month, not next week.
Very few oppo supporters have posted on here with your level of respect and interest in our players so I guess we can let your Zorko love slide a little.

North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions votes
9 Jed Anderson (NMFC)
9 Jarryd Lyons (BL)
3 Dayne Zorko (BL)
3 Lachie Neale (BL)
2 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
2 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
1 Ryan Lester (BL)
1 Luke McDonald (NMFC)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why, but there is something about Lincoln McCarthy that angers me.

I'm putting it down to the ex-Geelong factor. He carries the same sense of self entitlement that if he loses a contest it should automatically result in a fee kick. I think they hand this out with their very first Geelong guernsey.

North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions votes
9 Jed Anderson (NMFC)
9 Jarryd Lyons (BL)
3 Dayne Zorko (BL)
3 Lachie Neale (BL)
2 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
2 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
1 Ryan Lester (BL)
1 Luke McDonald (NMFC)
I wonder who gave those votes.

Watching the replay, again.

We dominated the first quarter. Their repeat entries and scoring shots basically came from an inability to hit reasonably difficult targets from a kick in and a couple of rushed clearances that landed in their laps.

Clearances, link up play and a desire to use the corridor -big ticks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back