Preview North v Pies round 15 pre game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Martin equals DeGoey, but if true then ok. Has merit.
I certainly don't want McDonalds on him yet that seems the popular vote.
A different player, but has similar attributes to Dusty.

Also worth remembering that Pittard has out bodied age outmarked KPF’s this year, so we do have some options.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A different player, but has similar attributes to Dusty.

Also worth remembering that Pittard has out bodied age outmarked KPF’s this year, so we do have some options.

To me Martin is a gun mid and dangerous resting forward.

DeGoey is a dangerous forward who pinch hits midfield.

Yes I'm confident we can cover. I just feel the Atley and LMac options aren't good enough.

Pittard is a better defender than both so ok.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Madness if another mid doesn't come in this week. We were too shallow against GWS in the midfield. Their top 4 midfielders had a picnic. Pies bat as deep. Has to be Ahern at the expense of a third tall forward/flanker. We only have about 6 of them at last count. If McMillan's the only in - you'd have to question whether much has changed on the selection front.

Apologies if I have missed it but how can existing members upgrade to an L3 seat? From memory Ticketmasters will probably make this available later in the week.

Try calling the membership dept hilly. I did weeks ago and the tickets for the allocated lvl 3 seats they assigned us will be emailed to me on Wednesday this week (I phoned again last Friday to check).

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have no worries with him wrestling with DeGoey mate, it's the burst on the lead that concerns me.

I do.

He’s 5kgs heavier and an inch taller than Atley, he’s also twice the natural forward that someone like Martin is. He likely wins a Coleman at some point in his career.

If we are resorting to wrestling De Goey he will kick a bag.

Considering medium forwards normally are our achilles heal and he’s probably the best of that type in the league, the only way to stop him is limiting his supply.

Personally I think Thompson will go to him.

We’re lucky that Stephenson is out and Thomas is out of form because that Collingwood forwardline is historically our kryptonite

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be interesting to see whether Shaw can actually try something different with the group as we have a awful record after the bye

We should have pumping s**t loads of training and conditioning into Hayden for a tagging role? Get him ripe and ready to take on anyone in their midfield

He comes in for Garner

As much as I want Ahern to play something is up with him...

Don't particularly like Dumont as a match up for Sidebottom, there is a difference in pace there that I can see being exploited regularly, maybe Turner would be better, and Sidey would be checking his rear vison mirror more often for sure.
Sidebottom's not really that quick. He's evasive and classy though. Dumont's a decent matchup if they don't want to go head to head with Polec.

Apologies if I have missed it but how can existing members upgrade to an L3 seat? From memory Ticketmasters will probably make this available later in the week.
I did it by following the link emailed to me. Got the tickets via email same day.

I think they are a level above us as a TEAM, meaning they have the game plan that has worked well for nearly two seasons now, the midfield is very confident lead by a gun ruckman, and basically no holes anywhere. We have the players to build the side but for reasons that cost Scott his job, we have started from scratch mid season, and whilst we've managed to bring the pressure most weeks since Shaw has been in charge, GWS game has shown that alone isn't enough against top sides.

We will need to bring the pressure as a given, but on top of that we need winners all over the ground. At least one forward has to get hold of his opponent and kick 3-4 goals, preferrably more than one forward. And our backline needs to stand up and not allow easy goals which we've done most weeks this season, including the Gold Coast game.

I'd put our chances percentage wise as 30%.

I do.

He’s 5kgs heavier and an inch taller than Atley, he’s also twice the natural forward that someone like Martin is. He likely wins a Coleman at some point in his career.

If we are resorting to wrestling De Goey he will kick a bag.

Considering medium forwards normally are our achilles heal and he’s probably the best of that type in the league, the only way to stop him is limiting his supply.

Personally I think Thompson will go to him.

We’re lucky that Stephenson is out and Thomas is out of form because that Collingwood forwardline is historically our kryptonite
I still have memories of that horrible game at the G, when we let a 5-6 goal lead slip. Elliot and Fasolo killed us.

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well at least we won't be surprised by Brody Mihocek kicking a bag of goals with no opponent because we didn't know who the hell he was.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I still have memories of that horrible game at the G, when we let a 5-6 goal lead slip. Elliot and Fasolo killed us.

A classic Scott performance.

Dominate for an extended period.

Lose lead in short period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back