Unofficial Preview North v Port : The Polec-Pittard Cup JLT 2 (opposition welcome, but no Polec/Pittard bashing allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why Cunners didn't play last week? It seemed a strange omission if he is 100%. I assume he comes in and Jed too but if they are slightly off I wouldn't risk it, they are quality enough to come in round 1 and fire. Garner I would play if he is close, and I would definitely play Thompson to offer some leadership which I think was lacking last weekend.

Anyone know why Cunners didn't play last week? It seemed a strange omission if he is 100%. I assume he comes in and Jed too but if they are slightly off I wouldn't risk it, they are quality enough to come in round 1 and fire. Garner I would play if he is close, and I would definitely play Thompson to offer some leadership which I think was lacking last weekend.
I’d rather try Watson then play Thompson who won’t be there round 1

Thompson can always play vfl prac matches if he needs touch we need to be ready for round 1

I am confused as to why Watson didnt play against the Saints. His performance in the intra club warranted selection unless he was injured??

If he's right then he should play this week

I’d rather try Watson then play Thompson who won’t be there round 1

Thompson can always play vfl prac matches if he needs touch we need to be ready for round 1
Yeah I would definitely play Watson, I would like to see Wilkinson given a shot too. I just reckon the backline looked like it was really disorganised I reckon they'd gain more from having Thommo give out directions in a game situation and hopefully take that into the next game despite his absence.

Scott deliberately left him out to take a look at different centre square set-ups.

View attachment 629758

Date: Saturday March 9th
Time: 12:40 pm
Where: Alberton Oval
Weather (predicted): Maximum 28C, partly cloudy, E-SE winds 15-20 knots
Televised: Foxtel, radio SEN

Injuries

North

View attachment 629761

Port

View attachment 629762

Geez, I didn’t even know Anderson had done another hammy. When did Garner do his?
And a bit strange that Walker is still listed indefinite with a PCL he’s done 6 months ago

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez, I didn’t even know Anderson had done another hammy. When did Garner do his?
And a bit strange that Walker is still listed indefinite with a PCL he’s done 6 months ago

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anderson did his in the first qrt of the city/country practice match. A few people also commented on whispers that garner had a setback that day. I didn’t think he played at all though someone said he came on late.

And Walker is a bit of a worry too. Obviously they will be patient with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't really need much preparation, he did his pre-season and knows what to do by now (obviously) so him missing JLT time isn't gonna hinder his impact on the season because his impact will be immediate.

Its much better to give the younger midfield a go at this level to prepare for the season grind.

Scamper, my Little Geelong Cat:
scamper-jpg.377401

meow the following

In: Cunnington, Taylor, Watson, Anderson
Out: Zurhaar, Murphy, Campbell, Hall
Thompson won't come in because we need to get the mix for rd 1 right.

EVW McKay Williams
McDonald Thompson Polec

Dumont Ahern Anderson
Goldstein Cunnington Higgins

Garner Wood Ziebell
Simpkin Brown Thomas

Tyson Taylor Scott Hall Larkey LDU

I've rested Macmillan, Atley and Turner
Last man standing punch-on between Wood and Larkey, I would give them a half each to impress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back