Unofficial Preview North v Port : The Polec-Pittard Cup JLT 2 (opposition welcome, but no Polec/Pittard bashing allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan Hrovat was left out of last week’s squad and played in the VFL against Sandringham, and is a chance to be recalled.

Draftee Curtis Taylor starred in that same match, kicking three goals, and his performance adds to an already impressive pre-season.

https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-03-06/in-the-mix-jlt-2

Not looking good for a senior player such as Hrovat playing reserves.

Ins I would like to see this week:
Taylor
Anderson
Garner (give him 1 qtr)
Wright
Cunners
Watson (playing forward - rotate off the bench with Wood. Lets see who wants it most)
Red Og (playing anywhere)

Outs
Give Hall a rest to get the knee right
Higgins can be put on ice for round 1
Turner
Zurhaar
Jmac
Atley
Campbell

getting pittard for steak knives evens out the money you paid for Polec and if teams start to lock down on Polec then there is every chance Pittard will be the better player this year, Pittards your classic average at everything and good at nothing player, i wish him well

And yet, in his draft, when you had three picks in the top 20, you took noted guns Andrew Moore and John Butcher ahead of him.

Yep, he's a big chance for a run.

Post your own side mate.
Tough assignment, but for what it is worth :

Williams McKay EVW

JMac Thompson LMac

Polec Tyson Dumont

Simpkin Larkey Atley

Ziebell Brown Wilkinson

Goldstein Cunnington Higgins

Interchange from : Murphy, Scott, LDU, Zurhaar, Thomas, Red Og, Taylor, Hayden, and Watson

Hopefully Watto & Wilkp get given a chance in the forward line, we really need to try get a bit different dynamic in the forward half.

Also hope Thompson plays. McKay will take a lot of confidence having that experienced head back there

Wait, so Tom Campbell can play the JLT game?

So he's got a 1 match ban in a non-AFL season game, that applies to the regular season? He couldn't have just copped his 1 match ban in the JLT?
Yep Scott said Tom will be rucking this week.

The AFL works in mysterious ways.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Doesn't really need much preparation, he did his pre-season and knows what to do by now (obviously) so him missing JLT time isn't gonna hinder his impact on the season because his impact will be immediate.

Its much better to give the younger midfield a go at this level to prepare for the season grind.
Gunners is too much for JLT, they like to suspend him when players run into him.

One suave *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember in 99 when Port made their first final.

I watched their fans unload off the buses that had brought them over and was captivated.

All in all they were a good natured bunch and we had some good chats, there was a kind of mutual respect between two traditionally working class clubs.

But at quarter time their fans came into the dunnies in the Southern Stand and started pissing in the sinks, unwilling (or not unsure of how they worked) to wait in the short queue for the urinals.

But at quarter time their fans came into the dunnies in the Southern Stand and started pissing in the sinks, unwilling (or not unsure of how they worked) to wait in the short queue for the urinals.

Yet you still chose that of all days to wash your face at halftime to freshen up a little?

Yet you still chose that of all days to wash your face at halftime to freshen up a little?

To be fair, I hadn't slept in days and had that ... film ... one gets after many consecutive days of drinking and keeping the Moran Family Enetrprises cashflow solid.

All in all they were a good natured bunch and we had some good chats, there was a kind of mutual respect between two traditionally working class clubs.

That feeling was certainly long forgotten by the time the final siren blew and Arch had walked off to a standing ovation in his final game in 2007. In the carpark afterwards even the Port grandmas were calling us "c***s". They were disgraceful!

Last edited:
That feeling was certainly long forgotten by the time the final siren blew and Arch had walked off to a sea ding ovation in his final game in 2007. In the carpark afterwards even the Port grandmas were calling us "c***s". They were disgraceful!

I suspect they are different beasts on their home turf.

070319_TeamInsta.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back