Unofficial Preview North v Port : The Polec-Pittard Cup JLT 2 (opposition welcome, but no Polec/Pittard bashing allowed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Anderson and Garner have actually been injured? J Mac injury is ****ed. Our backline is toast, not a good start

Cunnington is Definitley injured too why the * would you have him miss 2 games of JLT, we’d be stupid to not get some game time into him

I fear Jacobs is kinda done :(

Time for everyone else to step up but we are starting this year already looking a hospital room lol come on footy gods be nice!

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
So Anderson and Garner have actually been injured? J Mac injury is ******. Our backline is toast, not a good start

Cunnington is Definitley injured too why the **** would you have him miss 2 games of JLT, we’d be stupid to not get some game time into him

I fear Jacobs is kinda done :(

Time for everyone else to step up but we are starting this year already looking a hospital room lol come on footy gods be nice!
North website said Cunners has a corked thigh, so nothing too serious. I imagine the plan was to give him JLT2, but he then got the corkie this week which scuppered that plan.

And we knew Anderson injured his hammy in the intraclub. I'm not sure why that's a surprise.

Otherwise, I work on the assumption that Garner and Jacobs aren't goign to play, and if they do it's a bonus.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
North website said Cunners has a corked thigh, so nothing too serious. I imagine the plan was to give him JLT2, but he then got the corkie this week which scuppered that plan.

And we knew Anderson injured his hammy in the intraclub. I'm not sure why that's a surprise.

Otherwise, I work on the assumption that Garner and Jacobs aren't goign to play, and if they do it's a bonus.
Cunners is a grizzled old veteren. He's the last bloke I'd be concerned about. If he missed 4 during the season, he'd slot back in seemlessly. I suspect he'll do the same in Rd1.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cunners is a grizzled old veteren. He's the last bloke I'd be concerned about. If he missed 4 during the season, he'd slot back in seemlessly. I suspect he'll do the same in Rd1.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yea there's no use losing sleep over cunners. When was the last time Garner got through a whole game though?

I'm not surprised Watson has been overlooked given the circumstances.

Developmentally he is behind Larkey and Wood, therefore behind both of them in the pecking order. Taking that into account, the uncertainty of a clear standout and Round 1 just around the corner, they need a definitive call now.

If he has been moved forward to bolster our shaky Key Forward options then that's a positive for me, but he's going to be learning the ropes in the magoos for a while.

Jacobs is contracted for 2020 I think. Assuming at the time he signed, we thought we got to the bottom of his dizziness issue, and he's ready to go. Now it appears nobody at the club has any concrete idea what's going on, or else we'd hear about it by now. Pretty concerning.

Anderson has a bit of a history of hamstrings, not as bad as Garner's history, but still worrying enough. He missed some games with hamstrings pretty much every year he's been with us, and we know he only started to play well once he felt confident in his body. Arguably, that wasn't quite the case after the bye last year when he returned from the latest hammy, and probably fair to say he wasn't quite as good as his early season form. So he is another one with question marks over the long term.

Feels like we are starting the season with too many question marks over the fitness of a number of blokes, much more than we would have hoped for.

That's usually not a great sign going into the season.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jacobs is contracted for 2020 I think. Assuming at the time he signed, we thought we got to the bottom of his dizziness issue, and he's ready to go. Now it appears nobody at the club has any concrete idea what's going on, or else we'd hear about it by now. Pretty concerning.

Anderson has a bit of a history of hamstrings, not as bad as Garner's history, but still worrying enough. He missed some games with hamstrings pretty much every year he's been with us, and we know he only started to play well once he felt confident in his body. Arguably, that wasn't quite the case after the bye last year when he returned from the latest hammy, and probably fair to say he wasn't quite as good as his early season form. So he is another one with question marks over the long term.

Feels like we are starting the season with too many question marks over the fitness of a number of blokes, much more than we would have hoped for.

That's usually not a great sigh.
With Anderson finally getting some continuation in his football/body. Am I the only one to think, did he really need to bulk up over the summer and put pressure on the already suspect hammies?
I’ll throw over to our resident philosopher Groin guru

With Anderson finally getting some continuation in his football/body. Am I the only one to think, did he really need to bulk up over the summer and put pressure on the already suspect hammies?
I’ll throw over to our resident philosopher Groin guru
Of course he should have as Kangatech told him exactly what to do. With out Kangatech he would have ripped the whole leg off.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not surprised Watson has been overlooked given the circumstances.

Developmentally he is behind Larkey and Wood, therefore behind both of them in the pecking order. Taking that into account, the uncertainty of a clear standout and Round 1 just around the corner, they need a definitive call now.

If he has been moved forward to bolster our shaky Key Forward options then that's a positive for me, but he's going to be learning the ropes in the magoos for a while.
He is coming off an ACL. Would have thought he would be no chance playing round 1.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back