MVP North v Saints AFLW

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3 Kearney
2 Bruton
1 Randall

3 - Riddell
2 - Saad
1 - Randall

I’d give Gilroy a vote every week if I could. Love love love the way she plays.

Edit: Accidentally had Gavalas but meant 2 votes for Saad. Sorry. Fixed.

Last edited:

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3. Bruton
2. Kearney
1. Riddell

Thought the first two were clear, but Garner, Bateman, Grierson, Randall, Hardiman, Gavalas, Gilroy could have all got the 1.

hcd199

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Waterford GAA, Glenorchy, Hob (BBL)
3 - J. Bruton (in everything, seems to find a way to win what should be neutral and neutralise contests you'd expect her to lose)
2 - E. Kearney (also ever-present, consistent midfield worker that's handy for the patches where things aren't going our way)
1 - A. Riddell (plenty who could've earned a 1 vote but I thought Riddell was back close to her best in the second half)

As I said, plenty more were close to that 1 vote, but specifically worth a mention are Randall (great goal and plenty of intensity early) and Gavalas (she was good already last year but has been seriously impressive in the first two matches this season).

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Garner
2. Riddell
3. Bruton

Kearney solid and can someone ask Kashy if she had B.O. she was open inside 50 all game, a little more vision on field and she would have kicked a bucketload.
Gavalas had a cracker
I could go on, solid balanced team💪

3 - Gilroy - solid all day. When the game was there to be won at the start of the last quarter, she blew things open.

2 - Saad - Incredibly hard worker. Stood up to St Kilda pressure. Without her, we could have wilted in the second and third quarters.

3 - Garner - Always classy. Popped up at the exact time when needed most.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3 - Gilroy - solid all day. When the game was there to be won at the start of the last quarter, she blew things open.

2 - Saad - Incredibly hard worker. Stood up to St Kilda pressure. Without her, we could have wilted in the second and third quarters.

3 - Garner - Always classy. Popped up at the exact time when needed most.

Yes there's not enough love for Viv Saad in this thread. Her ruck work this week was almost as good as Emma King's last week.

Yes there's not enough love for Viv Saad in this thread. Her ruck work this week was almost as good as Emma King's last week.

On Emma King. She must be very much a confidence player. She looked all at sea today, except for one good mark. She even appeared to be outgunned in the ruck. From my standpoint, Viv outperformed her in the ruck throughout the game.

Back