- Apr 17, 2007
- AFL Club
- North Melbourne
- Other Teams
We want Ryder fit so Goldy can repeat his 2019 Port game. Ryder is cooked.Opposition watch:
- Hill standing out already
- Carlisle & Ryder are on individual training programs doing long-distance sprint work away from the main group. (clearly with Brown & Goldstein in mind)
- Hanneberry & Webster have just resumed running
- King just doing light training
- Jack Steele (knee) and Nick Coffield (shoulder) are recovering from surgery and restricted to non-contact work
- Roughead continually implored the playing group to "don't be last in" to the huddle between drills. At one point, the last four players were "punished" with a piggyback war.
= mental attitude not there at the moment.
Us bc we have a terrible record of losing round 1 games.I can’t bare to think about it.
Who do you think is under more pressure? Us or them?
I feel that we are for some reason (even though they stocked up on mature recruits). Maybe that’s just becuase of my vested interest.
But if we are going to be any good, we really should account for the Saints best 22. Especially given there won’t be any “ambushes”.
But they were playing Richmond who were a complete rabble at the time.Ratten has a decent record for round 1’s. 4-1 while he was coach at the Blues. The one he did lose was his first full year as coach, also the year Judd came over so they had to rejig more than a few things.
That is certainly true. If we take a look at the general start to the season being the first 3 rounds then his win % is 53% over 5 seasons. His trouble seems to be sustaining the group over a whole season. Their last 3 H&A games dropping to a 33% win %.But they were playing Richmond who were a complete rabble at the time.
Then in the second quarter we kick 0.8 points whileThe Saints wrestle back momentum. They kick 5 goals (3 of which are in junk time).I played the first 19 seconds and I was falling asleep.
North by 10 goals .........
At quarter time
Mate, if you're going to come in here and discuss the match in an intelligent & balanced manner, then by all means contribute.This thread is mega delusional. Saints will win it no problems. Still as a fellow shit house club I wish you Roos the best of luck this season after we beat you in Rd 1.