Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very tough team to pick with some really decent players not included.

FB: Williams Tarrant Wood
HB: Ahern Daw Pittard
C: Higgins Cunnington Polec
HF: Zurhaar Larkey Thomas
FF: Ziebell Brown Garner
R: Goldstein LDU Simpkin
IC: Atley Durdin Anderson Scott

Em:McDonald Comben Bonar Taylor

Not considered: Jacobs, WWalker

Next: Dumont, Macmillan, Hall, Mahony

No Frog? Really? Reeeeaaaaaaallllyy?

Only one of Scott/Ahern can play at the moment IMO, Frog in for whichever of them gets cut on form.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos

Only one of Scott/Ahern can play at the moment IMO, Frog in for whichever of them gets cut on form.
tenor.gif

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FB: Marley Taz Daw
HB: Pittard Durdin McDonald
C: Polec Cunnington Dumont
HF: Zurhaar Larkey Ziebel
FF: Thomas Brown Hosie
FOL: Goldy Jy Higgins
INT: Jed Atley LDU Garner

Next in line: Wood, Ahern, Scott, J Walker, Bonar, McMillan, Hall, Tyson

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
B: ??????, Tarrant, Williams
HB: Pittard, ?????, ?????
C: Dumont, ?????, Polec
HF: ?????, Larkey, Zurhaar
F: ?????, Brown, Ziebell

R: Goldstein, Higgins, Cunnington

Int: ?????, ?????, ?????, ?????

????? = pre season form & fitness.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Brad Hill will be licking his lips at playing on the frog, I mean really licking his lips.

Prefer to have someone dangerous that makes him nervous rather than seeing him lap the frog all day.

Just a player in my eyes.

Brad Hill will be licking his lips at playing on the frog, I mean really licking his lips.

Prefer to have someone dangerous that makes him nervous rather than seeing him lap the frog all day.

Just a player in my eyes.

If we play Paul Ahern on Brad Hill and expect him to be accountable then Pauly boy better get 30 touches and kick three goals to break even.

I love Bailey and giving him a lockdown job on Hill out on a wing is an idea I'd entertain dependent on Bailey's preseason form. They kid can mix it.

But Frog's nowhere near as bad as you make out, and is the first man to get the crack at it - especially given you've got Mason ******* Wood in a back pocket, which, were that to eventuate, would have me putting $50 on Tim ******* Membrey to kick ten goals.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we play Paul Ahern on Brad Hill and expect him to be accountable then Pauly boy better get 30 touches and kick three goals to break even.

I love Bailey and giving him a lockdown job on Hill out on a wing is an idea I'd entertain dependent on Bailey's preseason form. They kid can mix it.

But Frog's nowhere near as bad as you make out, and is the first man to get the crack at it - especially given you've got Mason ******* Wood in a back pocket, which, were that to eventuate, would have me putting $50 on Tim ******* Membrey to kick ten goals.

Well I had Higgins but I hear ya.

Also prefer Ahern in back line to get the cheapies and make good decisions rather than the standard kick and hope we get from the incumbents.

Why is that people are thinking JZ will play forward other than their own fantasy booking?

Shaw has made it clear to me that he’ll be playing midfield and maybe pinch hitting forward when needed.

I’ve not seen or heard anything to suggest anyone even thinks he’s going forward other than in here.

Not saying it’s impossible and I assume pre-season has some influence on things but it’ll be a big surprise if he starts forward!!

Jy will surely be nominally forward but basically playing a forward running though the middle with several others like Zurhaar, TT, LDU, Bonar , these types

Unless I’ve had too much scotch

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why is that people are thinking JZ will play forward other than their own fantasy booking?

Shaw has made it clear to me that he’ll be playing midfield and maybe pinch hitting forward when needed.

I’ve not seen or heard anything to suggest anyone even thinks he’s going forward other than in here.

Not saying it’s impossible and I assume pre-season has some influence on things but it’ll be a big surprise if he starts forward!!

Jy will surely be nominally forward but basically playing a forward running though the middle with several others like Zurhaar, TT, LDU, Bonar , these types

From memory Luff is on the record at the end of 2018 (one of the north podcasts) that he thinks JZ is best as a forward. Or something to that effect. I would be interested to know if he still holds that opinion.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Gaps filled for you

bonar next in line, Hosie a smokie

The day I need your opinions on footy, is the day they should take me out and shoot me.

From memory Luff is on the record at the end of 2018 (one of the north podcasts) that he thinks JZ is best as a forward. Or something to that effect. I would be interested to know if he still holds that opinion.

I recall there was lots of thinking that it was a total winner early and he kicked some goals early on iirc.

But in time, the opinions swung back largely, JZ couldn't impact the game as captain as well and at times couldn't get near it.

I'm expecting that he'll start midfield and go forward at times to give the kids their opportunity as they increasingly push their respective cases. Maybe Higgins too at times.

Form and time will tell!!

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I recall there was lots of thinking that it was a total winner early and he kicked some goals early on iirc.

But in time, the opinions swung back largely, JZ couldn't impact the game as captain as well and at times couldn't get near it.

I'm expecting that he'll start midfield and go forward at times to give the kids their opportunity as they increasingly push their respective cases. Maybe Higgins too at times.

Form and time will tell!!

Ziebell’s days in the midfield are numbered in my opinion. Guys like Simpkin, LDU, Anderson, Thomas, etc are going to overtake him. Cunnington and Higgins aren’t going anywhere soon and there is another handful of blokes who will run through the midfield in time too.
If he can’t make it as a forward in the next couple of years, I’d be surprised if his still playing after 30. I love the way he goes about it, his hardness, leadership, etc, but as he starts to slow down there is a crop of kids approaching him very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

i can’t see how our captain fits into our midfield with the players you’ve listed. That’s not including cunners, Higgins etc

i can’t see how our captain fits into our midfield with the players you’ve listed. That’s not including cunners, Higgins etc
I reckon he'll be a 60/40 split; forward/guts probably.

Him and Anderson provide a level of maniac grunt in the middle that none of our other mids possess & I think Shaw would subscribe to that as well given his love of boys homicidal tendencies.

Personally I like him primarily forward, but I can understand the alternative as well.

I reckon he'll be a 60/40 split; forward/guts probably.

Him and Anderson provide a level of maniac grunt in the middle that none of our other mids possess & I think Shaw would subscribe to that as well given his love of boys homicidal tendencies.

Personally I like him primarily forward, but I can understand the alternative as well.
My youngest son (9yo) recently concluded Ziebell shouldn't play forward. When I asked why not, he said, what's the point, when a big pressure goal needs to be kicked he is 80% chance of missing it. I had nothing in response.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
My youngest son (9yo) recently concluded Ziebell shouldn't play forward. When I asked why not, he said, what's the point, when a big pressure goal needs to be kicked he is 80% chance of missing it. I had nothing in response.

Thing was, he was a great crunch goal kicker around 2012 in a reasonable year for the club.

It's gone to s**t in the last couple of years for some reason.

Yeah he was super reliable once upon a time.

I remember him nailing bombs from 50 on the boundary a few years ago, none better than against Geelong.

I think it's a bit of a head thing with him as he has a very nice set shot action.

Hopefully the renewed confidence the coach has instilled in the group will see him turn it around.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He went at 67% last year and wasn't that bad. Brown went at 65%.

IMO, he needs to get more shots on goal, but when he continually has to chop out in the guts, then it deprives him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back