Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing was, he was a great crunch goal kicker around 2012 in a reasonable year for the club.

It's gone to s**t in the last couple of years for some reason.
The Hawthorn game at the G was a good example of where his kicking has got to.
Two very kickable shots by his standards, almost no angle, at the crucial stage of the game, missed both.
The only positive from that, it helped to move Scott on I suppose. )))

He kicked 14.6 under Shaw, and 10.10 under Brad this year.
Not saying that's relevant but it's interesting nonetheless.

Maybe too much going on in his head

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Fox footy's teams (they named Durdin twice :rolleyes:)

1580328954931.png

1580328990318.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1580329438198.png

My current hunch is that Garner will replace Wood, Walker and Daw are in the mix with Durdin, and if reports of Hall's form are ratified again, then he'll come in for someone.

Otherwise it's a pretty good side.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
View attachment 813326

My current hunch is that Garner will replace Wood, Walker and Daw are in the mix with Durdin, and if reports of Hall's form are ratified again, then he'll come in for someone.

I struggle to see how MacMillan fits tbh.

We pretty much played our #1 defence (minus Tarrant) vs our #1 forward line yesterday and MacMillan was playing up on the wing on Crocker nowhere near it.

The mediums were Marley, Pittard, McDonald.

On the flip side the preferred medium forwards were Zurhaar, Garner, Hosie and Turner.

Thomas obviously didn't play, but I don't think Simpkin is likely to be playing out of the forward line this year. He's going to be played exclusively as a mid.

View attachment 813326

So, that’s Bonar and LDU in for Hrovat and Garner compared to our 2019 R23 line-up. I can’t argue with it but my gut tells me we’ll go into R1 with about four changes to R23. Daw and Hall are the two most likely - depending on how they go in the pre-season games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm going with this for round 1
- Hoping that Dumont can be the defensive rotation
- Hosie deserves a shot
- Reckon Maj will need a few games in the VFL for fitness by the sounds of things so giving Walker the tick ahead of Mckay
- Premiership side 2020

FB Williams Tarrant Walker
HB Atley Durdin Pittard
C Polec Cunnington Scott
HF Zurhaar Larkey Ziebell
FF Hosie Brown Thomas
OB Goldstein Higgins Simpkin
IC Dumont Bonar LDU Garner

Emg Anderson Hall Turner

Any team that has Wood should be laughed at.

Any team that doesn't have Scott the same.

Honestly, off what I have seen of this pre-season, Bailey's in my first 18, and one of the first picked.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
So McDonald still isn't training fully? Second best small defender we have. Although I still don't believe that is his best position.

Scott is a definite in for Round 1. He's got a skillset no one else on the list has. Love to see him go head to head with Hill and curb him more than he did against Free last year. Actually, being anywhere near him defensively would be good.

Wood just does not fit. There are many better options. Garner being one of them. Hosie and Ahern as well, although not the same positions so some rejigging required.

Seeing LDU, Bonar and Simpkin in the midfield together will be a thing of beauty.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had some good chats with the St Kilda folks on their corresponding thread, be good if some came over here?

Yeah they are good value, not a noob in sight. aussierulesrules any interest?

FWIW, my team would be this:

B: Ziebell. Durdin Walker
HB: Atley Tarrant Pittard
C: Higgins Cunnington Polec
HF: Zurhaar Larkey Thomas
F: Garner Brown Mahony
R: Goldstein LDU Simpkin
IC: Anderson Scott Hall Bonar

Em: EVW Jacobs Daw Dumont Hosie
Williams McDonald MacMillan

So McDonald still isn't training fully? Second best small defender we have. Although I still don't believe that is his best position.

Scott is a definite in for Round 1. He's got a skillset no one else on the list has. Love to see him go head to head with Hill and curb him more than he did against Free last year. Actually, being anywhere near him defensively would be good.

Wood just does not fit. There are many better options. Garner being one of them. Hosie and Ahern as well, although not the same positions so some rejigging required.

Seeing LDU, Bonar and Simpkin in the midfield together will be a thing of beauty.

Played the praccy and didn't seem any worse for wear.

I'm all for Bails going head to head with Hill - Bailey will kick three on him, he's got that majestic ability to get out the back on the fat side wing and in behind the defence.

Yeah they are good value, not a noob in sight. aussierulesrules any interest?

FWIW, my team would be this:

B: Ziebell. Durdin Walker
HB: Atley Tarrant Pittard
C: Higgins Cunnington Polec
HF: Zurhaar Larkey Thomas
F: Garner Brown Mahony
R: Goldstein LDU Simpkin
IC: Anderson Scott Hall Bonar

Em: EVW Jacobs Daw Dumont Hosie
Williams McDonald MacMillan

The good news is that we have a lot of valid options. However, I’ll go out on a limb here and say that I don’t believe that Jacobs and Daw will ever be Emergencies for R1. They’ll either be in the team or not fit/available.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back