Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Coach Scamper, My Little Geelong Cat:
10984.jpeg

Meows the Following:

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers

Our enemy doesn't think so..............

I think we have a very good chance of winning. Watching the videos it looks like Shaw will have us up and about for round 1. I think the Saints will push top 8 this year, BUT they might struggle to gel so early in the year with so many new recruits.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I think we have a very good chance of winning. Watching the videos it looks like Shaw will have us up and about for round 1. I think the Saints will push top 8 this year, BUT they might struggle to gel so early in the year with so many new recruits.

Going by their preseason media & watching us, I am confident with where we currently sit mate.

Two weeks out & I expect Rhyce to start ramping up the head games to whip up their ferocity.

If we bring our top level 2019 intent in to this match, then we win, and I don't think the Saints are going to be pushovers in 2020 by any means, but we bring that, then we win.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's something to discuss in 101 days time.

I can’t bare to think about it.

Who do you think is under more pressure? Us or them?

I feel that we are for some reason (even though they stocked up on mature recruits). Maybe that’s just becuase of my vested interest.

But if we are going to be any good, we really should account for the Saints best 22. Especially given there won’t be any “ambushes”.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I can’t bare to think about it.

me neither, but hey, you brought it up.

Who do you think is under more pressure? Us or them?

Both clubs. Same goes for the other 16 teams at the beginning of any season.

I feel that we are for some reason (even though they stocked up on mature recruits). Maybe that’s just becuase of my vested interest.

But if we are going to be any good, we really should account for the Saints best 22. Especially given there won’t be any “ambushes”.

Agree. I think we are the favorites, because we're just a bit more mature across the ground, and our KPF & backline are stronger. If StKilda trouble us, it will be with pace.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Opposition watch:

- Hill standing out already
- Carlisle & Ryder are on individual training programs doing long-distance sprint work away from the main group.
(clearly with Brown & Goldstein in mind)
- Hanneberry & Webster have just resumed running
- King just doing light training
- Jack Steele (knee) and Nick Coffield (shoulder) are recovering from surgery and restricted to non-contact work

- Roughead continually implored the playing group to "don't be last in" to the huddle between drills. At one point, the last four players were "punished" with a piggyback war.

= mental attitude not there at the moment.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We suck it up, get up in the morning and expect the boys come back next week harder and with more intensity.
I remember seeing brissy supporters on a walker delisted thread talking about how dangerous he will be against their forwards- that was before he came to us, he will have a lot to prove too , looking forward to seeing that even if we lose round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back