Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I’d be going with this:

B: Pittard – Tarrant – Williams
HB: Atley – Daw – McDonald
C: Scott – Cunnington – Polec
HF: Thomas – Larkey – Zurhaar
F: Ziebell – Brown - Garner
R: Goldstein – Higgins – Simpkin
Int: Dumont – Anderson – Davies-Uniacke – Hall

However I could see Walker in the back line as a KPD with Taz, Daw as a third tall with Atley, Pittard and McDonald rounding out that group. I could also easily see either Turner or Mahoney replacing Garner up front.

Macmillan, Bonar, Tyson, Wood, Durdin and Ahern there or there abouts too.

Ziebell and Polec iffy starters for Rd1 I reckon. I'd want Hall to rip it up in the praccy games before starting him.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ziebell and Polec iffy starters for Rd1 I reckon. I'd want Hall to rip it up in the praccy games before starting him.
I'm working on the assumption that both JZ and Polly are being managed to be cherry ripe for rd 1.

Hally is my wildcard. All being well I can see him being thrown in to the midfield mix. If not him the probably Bonar.

I'm working on the assumption that both JZ and Polly are being managed to be cherry ripe for rd 1.

Hally is my wildcard. All being well I can see him being thrown in to the midfield mix. If not him the probably Bonar.

There's a joke to be made about a bonar being thrown up a hallway.

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
tougher than usual lots of options which is great.

B: Pittard – Tarrant – Williams
HB: Atley – Durdin – Jmac
HF: Thomas – Larkey – Zurhaar
F: Ziebell – Brown - Mahoney
Int: Dumont – Daw– Davies-Uniacke – Anderson

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Atley – Tarrant – Williams
HB: Pittard – Walker – Hall
HF: Thomas – Larkey – Mahony
F: Garner – Brown - Zurhaar
Int: Anderson – LDU – Daw - Ziebell

Notable omissions: McDonald, Dumont, MacMillan, Wood, Turner, Durdin, Ahern and Hayden.

Comben, Hosie, McKay, Xerri, Taylor and Perez is a nice little stable of yearlings.

Reasoning is to do the opposite we’ve always done in round 1.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Daw Tarrant Williams
HB: Pittard J. Walker Atley
C: Dumont Cunnington Polec
HF: Ziebell Larkey Zurhaar
F: Hosie Brown Anderson
Foll: Goldstein Simpkin Higgins
Int: McDonald Thomas Davies-Uniacke Hall

Em: Macmillan Bonar Garner Durdin

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: PittardTarrantWilliams
HB: AtleyDaw – LMac
C: Dumont– CunningtonPolec
HF: ThomasLarkeyZurhaar
F: ZiebellBrown - Hosie
R: GoldsteinHigginsSimpkin
Int: Scott – JMac – Davies-Uniacke – Anderson

Bold = Lock if fit
Everyone else up for grabs.

Last edited:
Turner- lock for round 1, good on him, maybe snake was right and he'll show vast improvement with a better structure. Mahony is right up his clacker though. Hosie has come back to the field somewhat.
With Wood moving down back, who is likely to play the third tall role? I thought this was Hosie's chance

Turner- lock for round 1, good on him, maybe snake was right and he'll show vast improvement with a better structure. Mahony is right up his clacker though. Hosie has come back to the field somewhat.

Showing nothing at the moment, not sure how he is a lock.

Seems to be playing purely as a defensive forward from what I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno mate, just what I heard, is doing what is asked of him. I think a game involving another team will give us a better idea.
Yeah yeah my question was aimed at the statement not you mate.

Barring injuries, I would consider the following players a lock for round 1:

B Tarrant Williams

HB Pittard Daw

C Polec Higgins Dumont

HF Ziebell Larkey Thomas

F Brown Zurhaar

R Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin

I Anderson

I’ve been meaning to do that exact post but never managed to get around to it. Pretty much the exact same players as well. That leaves half a dozen spots up for grabs and about 13 players vying for them. Injury may rule out Polec, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Turner plays round 1, unless one of our young small forwards tear it up in the pre season games.
I’m not sure if Hosie can play his role? I haven’t seen enough of him TBH. Looks to play a bit taller.
Most teams want to have that manic defensive forward, who can snag a goal or two & he is our best option at the moment, until these kids develop a bit more.
At the practice game the other day, I thought he was the pick of the bunch on a day where our small forwards struggled.
His energy on the field in evident & you could hear that his teammates love him.
Hopefully he still has some room to improve, because he currently doesn’t do enough offensively.

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most people are putting Zeebs in the forward line.

Is that what everyone would do themselves or are expecting Shaw will do?

I can’t see Shaw putting him forward myself.
I think Shaw will play Ziebs mostly midfield, as he did last year when Shaw took over.
Zurhaar has pretty much taken his role as the big strong bull, who can mark, tackle/bash people up & kick goals (Zurhaar can actually kick a set shot too) Garner also plays this role...
We have our 2 talls, with the emergence of Larkey (who will take his game to a whole new level this year IMO) & Brown. Now also with Thomas causing havoc.
There is no room for him down there apart from when he rotates with Thomas.
This is another reason why I think Turner has to play, as he is the only one who plays genuinely small in that forward line.

Krakoueraddict

Team Captain
May 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Under Shaw last year weren't we basically playing a 5 man forward line with the spare around the contest as opposed to in the back line (as we did under Scott). I think if Ziebel is named on a HFF it doesn't translate to him playing ahead of the ball. I reckon we'll want one of our HFF to be a genuine mid rotation as they'll likely be playing the majority of game time through there.

So it'll be Goldie and 6 other mids out on the ground at any one time. Brown, Larkey, Zurhaar, Thomas, and small forward up front. Interesting to see if the back 6 will be 2 talls + Pittard or 3 genuine talls. I reckon 3 bench spots to mids and 1 to a HBF will be the go, so I'd have to change my predicted bench with Hall out and JMac in.

There definitely seems to be a lot more wiggle room in the make up of this team compared to previous seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back