Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only concern is that Zeebs, Tarrant, Polec and Brown have ???? Over fitness

I think we can cover them but we may go in at less than full strength if Injuries down fall our way.

I'm not too fussed at this stage. Let's wait a couple more weeks. If they all haven't suited up by the Sydney match in Tassie, then we should look at it.

None of the "won't play round 1" claims have come from a club quote.

View attachment 813326

My current hunch is that Garner will replace Wood, Walker and Daw are in the mix with Durdin, and if reports of Hall's form are ratified again, then he'll come in for someone.

Otherwise it's a pretty good side.
I too like the team. I can see only a few possible changes. JMac is not guaranteed, nor is Durdin. I would think these two spots are up for grabs with the likes of Daw, Walker (I hope not...should be used as a last resort), Ahern.
FWD line looks very impressive with only Garner possibly to push out Turner.
Bench, I would replace Wood with one of the guys missing from above (Turner, Garner, Durdin, JMac, Daw).

Doesnt miss any players IMO. Not too much youth, but we have have a strong team, and youth will find it tough this year. Want to see McKay come through ahead of Walker!

So McDonald still isn't training fully? Second best small defender we have. Although I still don't believe that is his best position.

Scott is a definite in for Round 1. He's got a skillset no one else on the list has. Love to see him go head to head with Hill and curb him more than he did against Free last year. Actually, being anywhere near him defensively would be good.

Wood just does not fit. There are many better options. Garner being one of them. Hosie and Ahern as well, although not the same positions so some rejigging required.

Seeing LDU, Bonar and Simpkin in the midfield together will be a thing of beauty.
Great post!

I'm not sure you could definitively say any of Tarrant, Ziebell, Polec or Dumont are locks at the moment...

I'd be inclined to be leaving Polec out of most sides at the moment and I think if Ziebell wasn't the skipper, he'd be in the same boat.

A little over a month to the start of the season, Ziebell and Polec basically have had no training to this point...

Jack isn't the naturally fittest bloke in the world either...
If Polec and JZ dont play due to fitness, it opens things up for Scott and Hosie. Not such a bad thing.

Just look back to Durdin on ben king last year. Ben was doing him easilyon the lead.
Take a look at Durdin against Collingwood when our midfield pressure was up.

Play Daw (it fit) as the loose intercepting mark. He will have an absolute field day. Their forward line is a massive worry and we should take advantage of it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm going with this for round 1
- Hoping that Dumont can be the defensive rotation
- Hosie deserves a shot
- Reckon Maj will need a few games in the VFL for fitness by the sounds of things so giving Walker the tick ahead of Mckay
- Premiership side 2020

FB Williams Tarrant Walker
HB Atley Durdin Pittard
C Polec Cunnington Scott
HF Zurhaar Larkey Ziebell
FF Hosie Brown Thomas
OB Goldstein Higgins Simpkin
IC Dumont Bonar LDU Garner

Emg Anderson Hall Turner

Close -Daw for durdin in my team

Be disappointing if no one has overtaken turner if what TAO is saying is correct.

The coaches aren’t ticking off the leadership group if they’re not in the team, so there’s 8 locks. Add Goldy, Brown and Polec. Something would need to go wrong for Larkey, Zurhaar or Thomas to miss. That’s 14. Can’t see why Jed misses. 15. Mr Movies‘ mail is that Turner is a lock. 16.

6 spots for Rd 1 up for grabs at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all depends on how we go in the middle. Tonight they got plenty of clean clearances and generally waltzed through the corridor without too much pressure too often, which made their forward line look dangerous.

Bring the pressure around the ground and win the clearances, and our backline will cope fine

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we’ll beat StK comfortably. They’ve been crap since the olden days and now with Mr Scott gone (Ive been singing his phrases for years) I can’t see us losing.
That being said, we should be in the top 8 after round 1, where we belong.
I’ve had $25k on you guys to make the top 8 @$3. Easy money for jam.

It all depends on how we go in the middle. Tonight they got plenty of clean clearances and generally waltzed through the corridor without too much pressure too often, which made their forward line look dangerous.

Bring the pressure around the ground and win the clearances, and our backline will cope fine

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know it’s pre-season, but both sides missed a lot of targets by foot and the pressure was non-existent.

They did look good though, which is a pretty solid effort with that number of recruits. Was certainly nothing like our car crash of a JLT last year. Round 1 won’t be an easy game for us.
Are you implying that Ratten is a better coach than Scott? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back