Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner electing to not have surgery I knew it. Called it at the time
I know it’s a contract year but since when did letting footballers dictate medical decisions turn out positive for all concerned. He’s going to miss a bunch of next preseason now.
Did we not guarantee him a new deal? Don’t blame him if such but it reeks of bullshit on both sides

I know it’s a contract year but since when did letting footballers dictate medical decisions turn out positive for all concerned. He’s going to miss a bunch of next preseason now.
Did we not guarantee him a new deal? Don’t blame him if such but it reeks of bullshit on both sides
Not sure if it's the same injury exactly but I and some others I know have had fractured sesamoid bones, it's extremely unpleasant and opting for surgery can make it worse.
Most people I know went with cortisone and rest.

Not sure if it's the same injury exactly but I and some others I know have had fractured sesamoid bones, it's extremely unpleasant and opting for surgery can make it worse.
Most people I know went with cortisone and rest.
This is the NMFC.
Ask JWS, Petrie, Wells, Wright and Jacobs how well we managed their foot injuries at the time?

Turner 10-12
Hayden 10-12
Perez 10-12

EVW TBC
Jacobs TBC

LDU TBC
Williams Round 3

Bold
= Played extensively last year will need to be replaced by someone.
Green = Don't know what we're missing because they aren't regular senior players.
Red = Know what we're missing but haven't been on the park the last couple of years so not really missing them from last year's form.

Assuming all our "tests" get up which has been the info coming out of the club all preseason, we only have to cover LDU, Marley and Turner. Not so bad as Marley is probably the hardest to adequately replace on output/potential.

Not ideal having so many blokes underdone, but our best 22 from last year isn't radically altered.

Not intending it as disrespectful to Kayne but same, heart sank a bit reading that he was opting for the rest (aka roulette wheel) approach.

So it'll be the usual script. He starts training in July, breaks down again and needs surgery and we'll have missed any chance to bring anyone in. Freaked by any claim of negligence we'll hurriedly table a 1 year offer which of course he'll happily sign.

Not sure why posters here are saying Daw is underdone. He played VFL towards the end of last year. As far as I know has had a full pre-season & has played all match sims/intra-club & practice matches.
If he is not picked for round 1 it is due to form not fitness...
It's hard to tell. He looked like he needed to get some touch back in the GoDees praccy, but that was essentially a VFL game and he might actually be a defender who benefits from the cleaner ball coming in at AFL level. Sunday will be more informative I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He ripped his hammy off his bone towards the end of last season and missed the rest of the year. Endurance isn’t exactly his strong suit and needs a lot of miles in his legs to be match fit.
Personally I just think he has been adapting back to higher intensity footy. The more he plays, the better he will get.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wasn't a severe hammy, more that getting back on the field at all was Mission Accomplished and it was prudent to shut it down. There was only about 3 weeks of the VFL season left wasn't there?

Um, because it's his body? I don't think anyone should be forcing anyone to have surgery.

Saints going for pace eh? we coped so well against it v the Bulldogs a couple of weeks ago, the kryptonite for pace is contested marking and intense tackling, we are capable there so lets see what happens.

Can’t say I noticed much speed last season. They’ve got Peter Matera...I mean Brad Hill....who else?

Um, because it's his body? I don't think anyone should be forcing anyone to have surgery.
Either Turner wants more than a 1 year contract and has opted for rest or the club hasnt guaranteed him a contract and its forced his hand.
Whichever way this all looks crap

Just 18 days now. Fukk me
I’m actually worried and not so excited about things like I was at the end of last year. Things were looking so great at that point with our new coach and other staff members etc. and I thought we’d be primed. Now this preseason is resembling last year’s and I’m not looking forward to the season starting. I hope we can switch on.

Either Turner wants more than a 1 year contract and has opted for rest or the club hasnt guaranteed him a contract and its forced his hand.
Whichever way this all looks crap
I think you're overthinking this, allowing a sesamoid injury to heal on its own is much, much preferable to surgery which either takes the bone out completely leading to a limited range of movement or fuses the bone which is how it fixes itself anyway.

Sometimes surgery just isn't the right play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back