Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure whether you can get a bet on team selection, but if there is, here's where I'm putting my money:

Atley Tarrant Pittard
MacMillan Daw Walker
Polec Higgins Dumont
Garner Ziebell Thomas
Zurhaar Larkey Simpkin

Goldstein Cunnington Anderson

Xerri McDonald Taylor Hall

EMG: Bonar

Looks like a pretty tall team maybe 2 players under 6 ft?

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Not sure whether you can get a bet on team selection, but if there is, here's where I'm putting my money:

Atley Tarrant Pittard
MacMillan Daw Walker
Polec Higgins Dumont
Garner Ziebell Thomas
Zurhaar Larkey Simpkin

Pretty much it I reckon.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool

Atley Tarrant Pittard
MacMillan Daw Walker
Polec Higgins Dumont
Garner Ziebell Thomas
Zurhaar Larkey Simpkin

Maybe Bonar for Garner.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mighta nailed it Merlin. If you have l wanna see a name change mate > Nostradamus 🖕

well you're very kind, but not sure there's too much astrology required - the first 18 are those named on the ground in the team against the swans; Xerri then has to play, not just because he's going ok, but structurally you can't have Larkey as the only tall leading up to the wings for the contested mark that is the cornerstone of the game plan; then McDonald has to play with Williams out to provide 7 backs; and I think most would agree Curtis and Hall have played their way in.....so, pretty short odds, I reckon

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Afl website projected lineups:

North Melbourne v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT

NORTH MELBOURNE

B:
Luke McDonald, Robbie Tarrant, Majak Daw
HB: Jasper Pittard, Josh Walker, Shaun Atley
C: Trent Dumont, Ben Cunnington, Jared Polec
HF: Curtis Taylor, Nick Larkey, Tarryn Thomas
F: Cam Zurhaar, Ben Brown, Jack Ziebell
Foll: Todd Goldstein, Shaun Higgins, Jy Simpkin
I/C: Jed Anderson, Jamie Macmillan, Taylor Garner, Aaron Hall
EMERG: Paul Ahern, Sam Durdin, Aiden Bonar, Tom Murphy

NEW: Josh Walker
UNAVAILABLE: Luke Davies-Uniacke (groin), Ben Jacobs (concussion), Kayne Turner (foot), Ed Vickers-Willis (knee), Marley Williams (suspension)

NOTES: Ahern is the big exclusion here and was reluctantly left out, with Hall's strong weekend performance clinching him a senior berth over the ex-Giant. Taylor is the other player who forced his way in off the pre-season. The defence was as good as settled with selection for the Roos' Marsh Community Series finale but there is still a wait to see whether Brown (calf) plays in round one, although he is on track to be available. If not, does the impressive Tristan Xerri get a look in, does Daw swing forward (meaning Durdin plays in defence), or does Ziebell – especially off a compromised pre-season – play as a stay-at-home forward? - Marc McGowan

ST KILDA

B:
Dylan Roberton, Jake Carlisle, Jarryn Geary
HB: Callum Wilkie, Dougal Howard, Ben Long
C: Bradley Hill, Seb Ross, Josh Battle
HF: Jack Lonie, Tim Membrey, Jade Gresham
F: Jack Billings, Max King, Dan Butler
Foll: Rowan Marshall, Zak Jones, Luke Dunstan
I/C: Paddy Ryder, Dan Hannebery, Jack Sinclair, Jack Steele
EMERG: Matt Parker, Logan Austin, Shane Savage, Jonathon Marsh

NEW: Dan Butler, Bradley Hill, Dougal Howard, Zak Jones, Max King, Paddy Ryder
UNAVAILABLE: Nil

NOTES: There could be as many as six new faces line up for the Saints in round one with King the only genuine debutant after an exciting build-up over summer. Butler, Hill, Howard, Jones and Ryder slot in seamlessly after crossing from other clubs while ruckman Ryan Abbott misses out on balance. Parker is back playing but had a limited summer and has only just resumed, while Jimmy Webster has also had an interrupted lead-up and will likely need more time. Savage and Austin get squeezed out with the return of Geary and Roberton. - Jennifer Phelan

Quoting here :

My wife and workmates are getting sick of me giving them the "I told you so a month ago"...........

But I did. Things about to escalate. Hopefully for us they do because the sooner we take drastic measures the more people that will - literally - survive this.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My wife and workmates are getting sick of me giving them the "I told you so a month ago"...........

But I did. Things about to escalate. Hopefully for us they do because the sooner we take drastic measures the more people that will - literally - survive this.
Yeah, I like how we've flown in a whole truckload of people from the most heavily infected area of Europe for a car race, and told people to wash their hands as though that's going to help...even Lewis Hamilton's got more sense

Yeah, I like how we've flown in a whole truckload of people from the most heavily infected area of Europe for a car race, and told people to wash their hands as though that's going to help...even Lewis Hamilton's got more sense

Absolutely ridiculous.

What's worse is that they made it abundantly clear by putting in a ban 5 mins after these people arrived that the public health interest was of lesser concern than a car race. Boggles the mind - may as well highlight how compromised the decision making was with a giant novelty marker.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Absolutely ridiculous.

What's worse is that they made it abundantly clear by putting in a ban 5 mins after these people arrived that the public health interest was of lesser concern than a car race. Boggles the mind - may as well highlight how compromised the decision making was with a giant novelty marker.
Bread and circuses.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1584017874308.png

1584017921197.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back