Resource North v StKilda JLT match (opposition welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't have many defenders left standing at the moment and doubt they will even be ready for Round 1 of the normal season.

Heath has already said that they're going to use the JLT to test if Larkey can play out back. Something to keep an eye on during this STK JLT match.

Mick Martyn was a gun full forward in his youth who became a brilliant full back.

Looking forward to this game, interested in how our improvement in transition from defence to attack stands up .
Excited about Clark , Parker , Hind and Battle .
I reckon you guys have snared a ripper in Thomas , hopefully he is playing ?

Yeah you would think he’d get a game. Hopefully we give game time to the kids and protect the older guys given the conditions

Mick Martyn was a gun full forward in his youth who became a brilliant full back.

That was one of those weird outliers. There was nothing in Mick Martyn's AFL career that hinted in any way of a key forward being trapped at the wrong end of the ground apart from his own ambitions. He must've been in a comp where everyone else was 50 kgs wringing wet.

That was one of those weird outliers. There was nothing in Mick Martyn's AFL career that hinted in any way of a key forward being trapped at the wrong end of the ground apart from his own ambitions. He must've been in a comp where everyone else was 50 kgs wringing wet.

Yeah, I think that was precisely it.

Yeah you would think he’d get a game. Hopefully we give game time to the kids and protect the older guys given the conditions
This would make sense for both teams.
With the conditions on Saturday, nothing will be taken from it after halftime.
Good luck North, no injuries.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This would make sense for both teams.
With the conditions on Saturday, nothing will be taken from it after halftime.
Good luck North, no injuries.

To be honest I wouldnt be taking much away from this game regardless. When coaches are experimenting and also aiming to manage gametime to their benchmarks, any result is irrelevant.

You just look to see how guys seem to be traveling, who has improved physically etc. and as you said the main thing, no injuries

Jeez the Steven and then Carlisle news is devastating for the Saints. IMO they aren't as s**t as they are going to be in the first half of this year. Those injuries really hurt them, but there's enough talent on the list to lift them up above the Carlton/Gold Coast bracket where they'll be.

They need to ditch Richardson. Honestly, I've had more inspiring, and capable, shits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez the Steven and then Carlisle news is devastating for the Saints. IMO they aren't as s**t as they are going to be in the first half of this year. Those injuries really hurt them, but there's enough talent on the list to lift them up above the Carlton/Gold Coast bracket where they'll be.

They need to ditch Richardson. Honestly, I've had more inspiring, and capable, shits.
Steven will be in R1.

The Carlisle news is pretty bad though. We were already skinny down back

Hoping that we go with our best possible midfield. We need to give the new guys opportunities to gel with the team against genuine opposition before round one. Tyson, Hall and Polec into the mids and Pittard off the back flank.

Hoping that we go with our best possible midfield. We need to give the new guys opportunities to gel with the team against genuine opposition before round one. Tyson, Hall and Polec into the mids and Pittard off the back flank.
Yeah, they play them all for both. Cunners, Ahern and Higgins can both have a rest at some point. Jy, Dumont and LDU play both.

Two NMFC games at the same Werribee oval this weekend.

One on Saturday, one on Sunday.

Such a massive missed opportunity for an awesome double header :(
Previously noted, by astute posters, when the schedules came out. ;)

Yeah, well..................Longmire & Carey sorta had those spots sewn up.

I'm a little disappointed that after all the effort Larkey put in to become a forward (possibly even a W8 replacement) that he'll now be used to plug a hole in defense. I was looking forward to seeing him help out BBB.

I'm a little disappointed that after all the effort Larkey put in to become a forward (possibly even a W8 replacement) that he'll now be used to plug a hole in defense. I was looking forward to seeing him help out BBB.
Been a bit underwhelmed by Larkey from what I've seen of him this pre-season. Loses the majority of contests as a forward. Could see him doing more damage as a rangy tall defender this season than a full forward. Bet he could make a ton of spoils. Just doesn't quite have the bulk to hold up his own under a contest.

Watson looking like the Waite replacement at this stage. Allowing Wood to work up the ground and Ziebell to play more as a medium forward who no defender wants to get crunched by.

To be honest I wouldnt be taking much away from this game regardless. When coaches are experimenting and also aiming to manage gametime to their benchmarks, any result is irrelevant.

You just look to see how guys seem to be traveling, who has improved physically etc. and as you said the main thing, no injuries

TBL that is how l see it but you wait & see the yelling & screaming over any little issue. With all the new rules practicing positioning on kick ins & dead ball situations these games are a lot more than a free kick a miss kick or an umpiring decision but you just watch the game day thread will be toxic as always.

Could be his ticket into the team though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back