Autopsy North v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Ripped LT a new one and sadly I agree with Derm.

Its a bad ugly look.

This completely misses the point.

Dermott is a ******* sniper! If that was Paul Puopolo he would have been on the ground blowing him and telling us how smart he was. Club really needs to get on the front foot about this, victimised by the media. Watch the rest of the season will get his he's ripped off and paid a holding the ball decision.

This completely is the point.

The fact is, it's within the rules of the game and until the rules are changed it's perfectly fine.

If Dermie wants to have a down the barrel of the camera rant at anyone, have it at the AFL for not changing the rules. They make the rules, the players play to them and the umpires umpire to them. Case in point, when Hewitt played for exactly the same type of free kick and JMac got him high, JMac was heard on mic saying "can't argue about that one". Yet Dermie saw fit to argue at length at the two identical free kicks paid to Lindsay, without once mentioning Hewiit's. Completely hypocritical.

Instead Dermie delivers a massive rant directed at one player for exploiting the rule. One player. Instead of putting together a montage of players from every single club doing it, he picks out one player. And surprise surprise it's a soft target from a small club. That's where the vilification lies.

It was a gutless, small minded sniping display from Brereton who, for all his football ability, was and has always been a gutless, small minded sniper. They should revoke his media licence.

Write that one off as a loss that was going to come sometime.

Got smashed early and couldn't make up the ground. Had nothing up forward. The 3 talls were largely ineffective and the 3 smalls weren't much better other than LT's first qtr.

Given the possy count, the crucial disasterous decisions (so many throws and holding the balls not paid), the lack of winners on our side, and their ridiculous Auskick ground, the final score was probably a compliment.

Let's hope for revenge in a PF in Melbourne on a ground that enables our strengths

We are entitled to a loss. Everyone was down apart from a selected few. This is a great lesson for the boys

Goldy was limping badly. Absolute gave it his all but it was painful to watch him grieving at every contest

Waite is struggling to run. I still rate his efforts though, he always just goes at it but it's sad to see him down on his confidence

Dish is absolutely cooked and I hate saying this but it's been 3 weeks of poor performances needs a rest, anything. Straight swap for wood. Just for a week, we all love drew but...

I'm going to say it. Jacobs is close to the most important players we need in the team when playing good opposition. His shutdown ability is sensational. He would kept one of their super stars under 20p and then blunted their midfield. We got smashed in the middle

In saying all this there are some fit players that did close to nothing. The injuries are seriously piling up badly and now it's showing against the good teams

We just got absolutely rinsed on radio too. Our disposal was woeful and our kicking for goal was bad.... Bit cleaner and the end result could have been different. That's a what if though

But we've played s**t teams. Needs to stand up against quality. Let's see where he stands in the coaches votes after another 4 weeks.
5 against Adelaide. 10 against freo (freo are s**t now but in round 4 against us they weren't overly riddled with injury and definitely not tanking like now, in fact i believe that game they threw the kitchen sink at us and started to tank afterwards)
Also his ineffective kicks are due to clearances, if drew or waite turned up tonight it would have increased his effective kicks. If he had a smaller forward line wouldn't blast away.
AND he kicks clutch goals outside 50. Great player, even better leader. A grader hands down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pos:

J-Mac
Tarrant
Swallow
Thompson
whoever thrashed Parker

Neg:

Harvey
Gibson (best year of his career but tonight was a flashback to soft as butter past Gibson)
Dal
Atley
Petrie

Such a soft effort by the same people.

Why can't Harvey lay 7 tackles like Nahas? 2 for the game and both in the last 7 minutes. Biggest passenger I have seen when ball not in our possession.

Scott: We just got beaten around the contest. They got their hands on ball first #NMFCMedia
Scott: We'll learn a lot out of start to game. We didn't play our best, but that wasn't why we lost. The Swans played well #NMFCMedia
Scott: We didn't really play complete footy at any stage #NMFCMedia
Scott: We were on top of the clearances, but in terms of efficiency they dominated us #NMFCMedia

Notes:
- We were not ready for the intensity and pressure they dished up in the first. Maybe due to a soft lead in. Cunners was the perfect example of this, he stepped it up too late.
- SCG is s**t small ground where we will never get the best out of Boomer, Dal and Gibbo. They need space and don't like it in tight. It also denied us our switch that we use to great effect at home.
- Dal has far to many half arsed efforts.
- Drew is injured. Probably shouldn't have played given his out put.
- Atley made some bizarre decisions tonight but overall I thought the backline held up ok considering.
- Why didn't we work the mark like last week. Doesn't require skill and should be a non-negotiable. Looked lazy.
- Wright was rusty but
belongs.
- Conversion is critical, even more so when you are strughling to score.
- Forward line was as dysfunctional as our entries.
- At 9-1 we are still tracking well although I'm a bit worried about next weeks game vs our bunnies.
- My 7yo son went to bed crying. Had gotten a bit too used to winning.

Sydney & West Coast away will be 2016's hard assignments for all teams. I'm actually quite content that we were well down & had only 1 less scoring shot.

What is important us that we win our home games + beat the teams we should from here, so we don't have to play there when it really matters.

I love LT as a bloke & a player, but he's got to stop that s**t. I hate Dermie, but he was right on that second one. Was dead-set embarrassing.

I absolutely disagree. Dermott is a moron of the highest order and interesting that Eddie did suggest to Dermott that the opposition could try applying a proper tackle.

Watch what happened for a moment and don't fall for the rubbish that flows out of Dermott's mouth. Lindsay took the ball in a very tight position. He tried to manoeuvre into a position to deliver the ball, something he needed to do. Why shouldn't he be entitled to go backwards so as to enable himself to move around the player in front of him (a teammate) and then try to kick or handball the ball?

Everything happened in a split second, with little time to think and yet some people expect players to make decisions at faster than the speed of light.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back