Preview North v Swines in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hands down the worst crowd in the AFL. Soulless and disinterested.

Was at the final in 2014 where they were flogging us from early in the piece.

What were all the swans fans doing from halftime?

Well, leaving early of course. Because that's what you do when you're thrashing a side in a prelim, right?
I know a few melbourne based supporters who are passionate about their s**t box sydney team.. however without being up there, I would have assumed exactly that there is no atmosphere .. would throw gws and GC with no soul support also

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In: Williams, Hall, Thompson & LDU
Out: Turner, Taylor, Durdin & Garner

Not keen on sending Garner’s hamstrings to a night game in Hobart, so I’d send Ziebell forward to fill Garner’s role and bring LDU in to fill Ziebell’s midfield role, but looks like Brad has just ruled that out.

If McDonald is fit, bring him in for Wright.

We have to admit that the team has played better under that setup.

True,but i see Jack as a short term fix. its not adding polish to our game like LDU & Ahern will in the future.
I reckon Jed has less of an influence when Jack is in the middle because they both attack the man.
I guess while finals are still an option we will stick with whats working now.

I guess while finals are still an option we will stick with whats working now.

I get your meaning, but gee, if the last few weeks are "working" I'd hate to see us go off the rails.

Aug 24, 2006
THE BIG V
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roo4Life Member
LANCE Franklin is all but certain to miss Sydney's clash with North Melbourne at Blundstone Arena on Saturday night.
Swans head of football Charlie Gardiner said Franklin had pulled up sore from training last week and hadn't recovered enough to train fully ahead of the trip to Hobart to take on the Kangaroos.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LANCE Franklin is all but certain to miss Sydney's clash with North Melbourne at Blundstone Arena on Saturday night.
Swans head of football Charlie Gardiner said Franklin had pulled up sore from training last week and hadn't recovered enough to train fully ahead of the trip to Hobart to take on the Kangaroos.
What other key forwards do they have that will play? Maybe it’s time to debut Watson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is the singer ASTA?

Local singer, bit of a TripleJ darling. Good voice

There's street parking on the street running along the north and east sides of the ground, got there early to a previous game, parked eastern side about a 1min walk from the gate.

I usually park in the Eastlands Shopping Centre just near Bellerive, 10 to 15 min walk or across the road from Eastlands near the yacht club.

Hands down the worst crowd in the AFL. Soulless and disinterested.

Was at the final in 2014 where they were flogging us from early in the piece.

What were all the swans fans doing from halftime?

Well, leaving early of course. Because that's what you do when you're thrashing a side in a prelim, right?

They were leaving early nearly a year later too.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Our Coach, Scamper, My Little Geelong Cat:
4954.jpeg

Meows the following:

he also Meows:
Just win for god sake.

Need to inject pace against the Swans. Bring Hall in....

I'd change "the Swans" to "anyone/everyone".

Aside from Ats, our current side is very light on for line-breaking run. That's fine if you've got a bunch of blokes who can use it really well by foot, but I think it's fair to say that we don't currently fit that criteria. It's one of a few different reasons why we consistently see these soul-crushing 'road to nowhere' handball chains.

Line-breaking run can go some way towards rectifying that issue.

IMO Hall should be part of the proper centre square rotation....

Agreed. I said before the season started that I hoped he would be used in the Centre square rotations and nothing I have seen to date has changed my mind on that. We lack burst speed in there, his tackles numbers are healthy, and we currently rely on a handful of guys who struggle to both cover the opposition spread and to spread themselves when we do happen to win the ball. Can't see why it's not worth Brad giving him a shot in there from time to time.

I'd change "the Swans" to "anyone/everyone".

Aside from Ats, our current side is very light on for line-breaking run. That's fine if you've got a bunch of blokes who can use it really well by foot, but I think it's fair to say that we don't currently fit that criteria. It's one of a few different reasons why we consistently see these soul-crushing 'road to nowhere' handball chains.

Line-breaking run can go some way towards rectifying that issue.

Agreed. I said before the season started that I hoped he would be used in the Centre square rotations and nothing I have seen to date has changed my mind on that. We lack burst speed in there, his tackles numbers are healthy, and we currently rely on a handful of guys who struggle to both cover the opposition spread and to spread themselves when we do happen to win the ball. Can't see why it's not worth Brad giving him a shot in there from time to time.

Some of our faster players running thru the middle at times wouldn't be a bad thing. A couple of times each per half would certainly keep things less predictable.

Hall and Ats for example.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Outs; Durdin, Dumont, Wright
Ins; LDU, Ahern, McKay

Rather stupid to play Tarrant & Thompson in a developing team.

Back